Dish you suck at HD

Keep in mind that ESPN does 720P. Many people (myself included) have rear projection sets that do 1080i. Take a moment to think of all the processing that must be done either by the Dish hardware or your TV to add lines that are not really there so it goes from 720 lines to 1080, THEN decide what lines it does with each frame. With 720p, all 720 lines come 60 times a second. With 1080i, only 1/2 of the lines come 60 times a second.

Add that to the compression that everyone does (all HDTV is compressed at the source, to some extent.), and it is easy to make 720p look a little wierd on a 1080i display.

If you watch 720p stations a lot, try changing your output on your Dish hardware to do 720p and see if your TV can do it that way. It might do a better job with the conversion than the Dish box does.

I was thinking last night how great it looked! I really thought the PQ was excellent, much better that some of the OTA Football games I watch on NBC Sunday night.

Looked great to me. I had recordings on my 622 both OTA and ESPNHD and chose the ESPNHD feed because I gave it a slight PQ edge. (I couldn't watch live because it took me the entire game to commute 22 miles from work. Driving in that stuff was a nightmare.)

My cable company gives me free candy and eleventy billion channels for $10 a month! If I don't pay that, they don't ask any questions!

It makes my SD TV look better than HDTV too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts