Done with Dish Network!!!

Yep comcast repairs are FREE or so they tell me. My triple play bundle is about what i was paying E monthly before the fee jacking.

all i lost was the premium movie channels which i rarely watched anyway I had AEP to avoid the DVR fee.

E should give say i repair a year free to lease customers, so people dont abuse it.

but with the way E is headed before you know it they will charge a 5 buck charge to talk to a CSR. dont laugh i am certain they have thoght of it:(

Comcast Repairs are not free here in Hartford.

perhaps its a competive thing with FIOS here?

In the fred flinstone era of TCI repairs were free then.

I had them out several times for the same issue, which they couldnt fix till after i cancelled. it was a cold sensitive amp that served the neighborhood

E spools bad software frequently:(

I wonder how many lease subs pay for replacement boxes when the trouble was really junk code?

Repairs were free on my local cable co. years ago, too. Only problem, they'd wait a week or three before they got around to thinking about coming out to fix it. I hear it's not gotten much better.

ive had service done twice and they charged $15 initially but then waived it off my next bill. just throwing that out there.

the tech that installed my comcast assured me repairs were free.

scott should join the masses and try another service just for the heck of it, then write a review here:)

Strange in San Francisco I have had comcast out to my place several times to fix my phone and Internet service. They have not charged me anything for those visits.

TWC doesn't charge either. (Furthermore, the majority of cable companys will give you a credit if the service it out for more than 24 hours too.) Either does the Electric Company when the power goes out and there is a problem with the transformer on the pole in front of my house, either does the gas, telephone or even the city/town water and sewer supply system, when it is their equipment. Why would I pay for a service contract and then have to pay basically a copay.:rant:

They charge you $15 per visit with the insurance? What is the point in getting insurance?

I have health insurance.....I have to pay 15 everytime I go to visit a Dr....everytime I buy medicine....I have to pay there too....I have insurance for my car........last time I had to use that insurance...I have to pay 500 & that is the amount I have to pay everytime if I use the insurance.

The point of getting insurance is that u will have to pay much much less than what u are supposed to. Nobody is forcing u to take insurance. Its ur choice.

SUPER COUPE

OT: Mike_H....i sent you a PM about the supercoupe in your avatar. for some reason its not sending though. let me know if you get it.

If I am paying for a service, then the company I am paying for that service is under some responsibility to provide that service. If after a call to an upper tier tech it is determined that the dish needs adjustment to provide the service I am already paying for then that adjustment should be free of charge. I have no problem with charging people for upgrades and such but it is dish's responsibility to provide the service that they are charging me for.

You guys are amazing. You guys will defend Dish at no end. Even comparing medical insurance to Dish protection. Like they are even close to being equivalent.

Dish is making YOU pay to protect THEIR equipment, and then make YOU pay even more if you dare call to get THEIR equipment fixed.

Medical is much more complex, much more expensive, and involves much more bureaucracy. Even more so, like the computer analogy someone brought up, you are paying insurance to an independent company to protect YOUR equipment. If they allowed the medical insurance business to be more competitive, you may see many of these rates and co-pays go down (this is a different discussion).

What happens when a computer stops working? Do you not have to pay to fix it?

Try dell, even with a warranty they will still charge you for on the phone support in some cases.

These things are computers. It cost dish 150 bucks per truck roll, 6 bucks a month x 12 = 72 + 15 for a co pay(aka i got sick and need a doctor) is only 87 bucks.

Thats a loss on ever roll, if its one per year. NOT including LNBs or Receivers being replaced.
Do you really have to do it once per year? Seriously? If the problem were fixed right to begin with, it should not have to be done again for several year at least. If it is on going, then it is definitely THEIR issue and not yours. Why should you have to pay for their issue?

Again, it makes no sense that you have to pay on top of the protection plan to fix THEIR equipment and THEIR problems.

You guys are amazing. You guys will defend Dish at no end. Even comparing medical insurance to Dish protection. Like they are even close to being equivalent.

Dish is making YOU pay to protect THEIR equipment, and then make YOU pay even more if you dare call to get THEIR equipment fixed.

Medical is much more complex, much more expensive, and involves much more bureaucracy. Even more so, like the computer analogy someone brought up, you are paying insurance to an independent company to protect YOUR equipment. If they allowed the medical insurance business to be more competitive, you may see many of these rates and co-pays go down (this is a different discussion).
Don't worry about it, they are just trying to make up excuses for the fact that Dish Network Charges for Everything and D* doesn't.

Do the math E* supporters.

1 Year of the protection plan $72 if you have 1 service call at $15
You already just spent $87.

Wow what a discount.
I used my protection plan 1 time in 3 years with E*.

So it cost me $231 when I could have just Paid the $95.

Wow Great savings!

What happens when a computer stops working? Do you not have to pay to fix it?

Yep, But its well known most electronics only have 1 year warrantys.

And If you paid for a repair under warranty then thats your own fault.

I had my Dell 2300 for 8 years and in that time I spent $150 on it.

$100 for repairs and $50 to upgrade to 512MB.

E* I would have spent $576 on a protection plan.
And for what? To protect Equipment I don't even own.

Atleast I own my Dell.

I OWN my Car.
I OWN my Body.
I OWN my Computer
I OWN my Home
I OWN my TV's

These are all Things I'm willing to pay to fix and pay deductables on.

I LEASE D* Equipment
I LEASE E* Equipment
These are things that I'm not paying to have fixed or serviced.

The $15 fee irks me too.

I pay $6.00/month. For nothing. I have for the past 5 years. For those of you keeping score, that's $360. For nothing.

But the first time I needed a service call, they still charged me $15.

Here's a novel idea; why not look at your subs account and decide that, hey, you've been paying $6/month for 5 years and NEVER had a service call of any kind, maybe we should waive this $15 fee for you. It's called customer service, and little things like that leave customers with a good feeling rather than a pissed off feeling.

Every time I call, the little automated voice thanks me for being one of their top customers. If you really want to thank me for being such a swell customer, cut me some slack!

drop the insurance!

Why pay the $6 every month. If you need service, you can add it at any time. If you don't need it, then don't pay for it. If you do need service, add it, get serviced, pay $15, pay $25 cancellation fee. $40 total cost.

I've been a Dish subscriber for the last 8 years. They always tell me I'm one of their top customers. It's good to know that top customers get treated this way.

I've been having signal issues for the last few months. Programming gets cut out at random moments. Even when there is no weather. My DVR recordings are unwatchable because the signal always gets cut out.

So, finally, today I get a few minutes to call Tech Support to try to figure this out. First level of support is useless. They ask me to do stuff I've already tried on my own - unplug, reset... blah, blah, blah. Issue is not resolved so they send me to the next level of support. We go to the Point Dish section and run a couple of tests. Technician tells me I definitely have a signal issue and someone is going to have to come out to see what the problem is...

Here is the kicker... They want to charge me to have a Tech come out to my house. First, they say if I sign up for the $6/month insurance, the first visit is free. Any visit after that is $15. I say no thanks; because I don't feel like I should have to pay for an issue that is obviously not of my doing. Then, they say well then the charge is $95 to send a Tech out. At that point, I'm pretty disgusted and I inform them I'll be canceling my service.

I just couldn't believe they wanted to charge me for this. Perhaps I'm out of line... I don't know. Is this typical?

Anyway, I'll be looking at DirectV and Comcast XFinity Triple Play to see if they fit my needs.

Sorry for the rant; I just had to vent.

Do I think your out of line?.Really doesn't matter does it? What's important is what you think and if would seem you think that Dishnetwork should repair your system for free?.It would seem by your post that Dish offered you the first visit free,then you pay $6. for the protection plan,if you don't want the protection plan you can cancel and there is a $25 dollar cancelling fee.So the total your talking about here would be $31.
If you had DirecTV you would need to pay for DirecTV's protection plan $6. then all repairs are free.
So I would advise you to go with Comcast.Good Luck!.:)

Last edited:
Why pay the $6 every month. If you need service, you can add it at any time. If you don't need it, then don't pay for it. If you do need service, add it, get serviced, pay $15, pay $25 cancellation fee. $40 total cost.
And they make you pay to cancel it as well? Man!

I was upset with Direct when they made us pay more to watch HD on the sport packages when we were already paying an HD fee to begin with. I thought that was disgraceful.

Here is how the protection plan works with Direct. $5/month and you have to pay one month before you can use it. You can cancel anytime after the month and pay $0 cancellation fee. If you do use it you have to have it at least 3 months before you can cancel. Any call for any reason, and repair or replacement for any reason is $0. If they charged me on top of that, I would cancel and just pay the full amount for a service call, which is $75.

They are probably Dish Employees, Sub Contractors or Retail Partners, whom benefit from service contracts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)