Epix & Dish in Talks

There must be a lot of people on this board that want this
channel there is 17 members viewing this page right now.

Dish is kind of a joke

Charlie Chat doing a NFL Red Zone infomercial joke

Tech Chat puts me to sleep another joke

Having 8 HD channels uplinked for 5 months complete joke

My guess is that the delay in bringing Epix to other providers is intentional as they need to assess the buy-in numbers from Fios. If the number of subscribers is within their predicted range, they'll insist on the $9.95 rate during negotiations with other providers. However, if too many Fios subs pass on Epix at this price, it's likely to be lowered.

There must be a lot of people on this board that want this
channel there is 17 members viewing this page right now.

Well, assuming that is true (actually, even if it's not), then there is absolutely no point in posting "any news about Epix"? every day or two. If anyone actually had any news, don't you think they would just go ahead and post it here?

This thread would be half the size without your unending prompts. The people who will get the info first will share it when it comes. They aren't waiting to see if you're interested.

And believe me, we know you're interested. :rolleyes:

My guess is that the delay in bringing Epix to other providers is intentional as they need to assess the buy-in numbers from Fios. If the number of subscribers is within their predicted range, they'll insist on the $9.95 rate during negotiations with other providers. However, if too many Fios subs pass on Epix at this price, it's likely to be lowered.

The FIOS deal is unlike any other I've seen, assuming the reports are true. FIOS is paying them as if they were a basic channel (a small fee per subscriber), but selling it as a premium. Normally, premiums do a straight 50/50 or 60/40 split. FIOS is doing it as a gamble, betting they can sell to more then 10% of their subscribers. (A big 'if'.)

Epix wouldn't be the one insisting on the $9.95 rate in this case. They will get paid the same no matter how well or poorly they do on FIOS. And FIOS would be the one doing the lowering. However, the PROVIDERS could be looking to assess the demand- either taking the same gamble as FIOS, or adding it as a basic channel if the demand is high enough for them to see a benefit (for example, to move people to a higher package.)

Epix launched Oct. 30 on Verizon Communication’s FiOS TV (in 2.5 million households) and is set to possibly bow on satellite TV operator Dish Network with 13 million subscribers.

yessss will see the channel on December :) :up

Epix launched Oct. 30 on Verizon Communication’s FiOS TV (in 2.5 million households) and is set to possibly bow on satellite TV operator Dish Network with 13 million subscribers.

yessss will see the channel on December :) :up

Scott said by January 2010 CES.

I’ve asked this before. This can’t be good for Showtime. Can Showtime survive with just its original programming and a scattering of movies most of which will probably not be very new?

I was wondering if all of the studios may be considering starting up their own channels thus bypassing the likes of HBO, Starz, etc.

This would mean the studios would have control of pretty much the whole movie lifecycle. I recall reading about the movie studios having this kind of control in the past when they produced the movies and showed them only in studio owned theatre chains. Apparently this total control of the movie lifecycle didn’t sit well with congress and in the late 40’s the studios were ordered to divest themselves of their movie theatres.

With the advent of studio owned movie channels, it seems this same scenario is once again happening. I wonder if congress will act again or perhaps this time around, will they even care?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)