FIRST LOOK: Dish 500+ Dish 1000+ and the Dish 1000.2!

Jon -
The answer right now is nobody knows. Until we find out what E*'s plans are for what content is going to be where we can't answer.

You would want a 500+ although you could probably screw with it and turn it into a 1000 plus if you wanted to. :)

Where I am in CT I get actually decent readings from 129 around 75% or so.

Well they're not as ugly as the D* dishes, but the seperate LNBs still make them ugly. only the 100.2 is decent IMO

who said there wasn't?

yes, there are seperate outputs for 119/118, but they are received by 1 LNB.

I got a feeling that the 1000.2 dish is for those in the NW areas that have been having lower signals than normal on their Dish 1000s.

--Matt

BFG said:
who said there wasn't?

yes, there are seperate outputs for 119/118, but they are received by 1 LNB.

Invacom currently makes a LNB that will output FSS and DBS on the same cable at the same time.

EDIT -
hmmm oops, I just read the info for that LNB again, looks like it is seperate output.

thats going to be a problem. Unless all national HD moves to 118.7, and 129/61.5 are only for HD LiL so you would only need 1 or the other

Last edited:
JPointerWI said:
Invacom currently makes a LNB that will output FSS and DBS on the same cable at the same time.

EDIT -
hmmm oops, I just read the info for that LNB again, looks like it is seperate output.

thats going to be a problem. Unless all national HD moves to 118.7, and 129/61.5 are only for HD LiL so you would only need 1 or the other

The problem is going to be getting CBS-HD. Right now I have 61.5 for that reason. Maybe they will move it/mirror it on 129 or 118.7?

JPointerWI said:

EDIT -

That would pose a problem for me as on 61.5 I subb to sky angel, 110.119 main programming slots, 129 Chicago HD lil, and now I would need the 5th location for added hd, 118.7

HookedOnTV said:
Are we sure the 119/118 lnb doesn't have individual outputs for each sat? Would explain the need for a DPP44 switch on the 1000+ (110, 118, 119, 129).

That would be my guess. Otherwise the DPP44 wouldn't be required.

If so, you will not be able to hook up a wing... We're gonna need a bigger switch....

Didn't the SuperDish require a special mounting bracket. If this one is the same size... They could end up replacing the mast.

This is gonna get interesting - they goona charge me to upgrade AGAIN?

My plan is to swap out present Dish1000 for new Dish1000+ but decide later whether/when to drop 61.5 input from wing in favor of 118.7. At least with larger dish (and better LNB even if only using it for 119) signal strength should be improved.

I just shot over an email to Mark Jackson at Echostar asking for an answer for this question. I have been getting fed the lines about 118.7 and 119 being stacked together so I didn't even think about it when I transcribed the notes.

Also I am updating the first post with a bunch of new info on the LNB's themselves.

BFG said:
Well they're not as ugly as the D* dishes, but the seperate LNBs still make them ugly. only the 100.2 is decent IMO
You and I are exactly 180 degrees apart on this issue. The separate LNBFs indicate FLEXIBILITY whereas the integrated one, like directv, indicates you are STUCK with that exact configuration and can't change anything.

rdinkel said:
Based on the new info, the Dish1000.2 will support a wing sat (for total of 4 inputs) without the need for an external DPP44.
Let me be first to coin the name "DishProPlus Triplet" :D or DPP3 for short

I am confused about a few things. The first post in this thread states that only an upgrade kit is needed to upgrade a Dish500/1000 to a plus with the bracket. Later on in the thread it states that the new dish would be required.

I am very glad to see that they finally came out with the triplet DPP3 Dish1000. This solves the solution with only two dual tuners allowed and gives us three and has all lnbf's built in like the Phase III DirecTv dish.

I wonder if we will be able to use a Phase III DirecTv dish reflector to put the triplet on to receive a signal. SuperDishes could be used to pickup several slots at the same time in the future. It does look like the SuperDish may very well have a future after all if they can acquire some more satellite space and if there are upgrade kits available to receive them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)