FIRST LOOK - Hopper OTA Module

Oh boy. Now I own another expensive door stop...:rant:

Lmao no your hopper will work if it took the SW update off the EA but as for it talking to your joeys yeah it's "bricked" so more like the most advanced paper weight as far as the clients are concerned.
I am on EA and both my hoppers got the update, maybe I am just lucky, should be getting my OTA tuners tommorow.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Like I said it was an uplink issue so it isn't something that would be nation wide unless there's only one dedicated uplink center that dish uses to send updates to rcvr's but that does not seem likely.

I'm on WA and got the update on all receivers on day 1. Really enjoying the OTA!

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

I only played with OTA for a few minutes this morning, but it did pick up some marginal signal strength stations that my 722 never did. Signal was around 60 for those channels.

I wish Dish had a Test Program for us SatGuys member like DirecTV has.
With direct TV every Friday night at 10pm you would reboot your DVR and then on the start up screen you push in some numbers on the remove and then it downloaded the latest software. This trick only worked on most Fri and Sat nights.
If Dish had this we could all be on the new version 230 and testing the deployment method down to the Joeys plus help test for any bugs in the new features like OTA.

Kinda makes ya wonder if Dish wouldnt have done better by giving it one more tuner or something. But I know Directv now seems to be backing off the 5 tuner HR34 because of cost. Content is king now, and providers should realize many of us record a LOT. Thats where I never got cable, 2 tuner moto box with like 25 hours of HD space. WTF?

3 tuners would be tough for my wife and I, if we did not have PTAT.

S230 here. OTA module is working great. Picked up 82 channels. And is definitely stronger than my previous 722K module.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)