38.1 - WJWN
38.2 - WJWN
38.3 - WJWN
38.4 - WJWN
42.1 - WIRS
42.2 - WIRS
42.3 - WIRS
54.1 - WCCV

there are other channels missing that i get with the homerun HD, they're WAPA 4.1, WAPA 4.2, WNJX 4.1, WNJX 4.2. since they share the same channel number, maybe the module is displaying only the strongest one. the MT2 captured and displayed those channels.

After the install techs left, I hooked the adapter up and it asked for the reboot, and all went well. Picked up a lot of channels, and my one weak major, Fox, comes in good enough to watch. AM21 on Directv could not pull it in.

Now that I have the OTA module, I have been able to do a freeze frame of the same scene on both satellite and antenna to compare PQ. To my surprise, antenna wins.

Now that I have the OTA module, I have been able to do a freeze frame of the same scene on both satellite and antenna to compare PQ. To my surprise, antenna wins.
Because the OTA is not as heavily compressed as the sat feeds. On my 622 the OTA picture was always better. I have no complaints with the PQ on Hopper nor did I on the 622.

Ironically I got my Hopper updated to 230 the night I got it. The Joeys were tough, being on the older software. Dish couldn't even help. Sat Guys did. Anyway, I got my OTA adapter last Monday. This morning my OTA channels are black. It still scans the channels, but nothing is able to be viewed.

I checked this morning, OTA has been installed about 12 hours. All channels were OK this AM, just noticed one of the locals was missing and I had to re-add it (OTA NBC).

Forgot to add, one of the install techs (two came) noticed my antenna coax and went on to explain the Hopper did not have OTA. I smiled and said let me show you a little secret, and then gave em the module box. It was kinda funny.

Both of em have a Hopper in their home and were happy to see the module.

I installed the OTA module yesterday and found 52 OTA channels, including many subchannels. I live 60 miles west (and slightly north) of Washington D.C. and have an amplified outdoor antenna. I am getting D.C. and Baltimore OTA channels.:)

So happy.. . . .
I come to this great site and I was one of the First to order the OTA tuner.
I have had it for over a week now.
---------------------
So Sad . . . . .
I come to this great site and I find many others have the software, but because I have one TWO of the newly installs Hoppers (3 weeks ago) with HIGH Recevier CA ID numbers.
I still do not have the S230 software as they phase roll out slowly by ID numbers. I have had the tuner for a week now. Guess I wait some more.
I wish Dish could send it to those that ordered it now, or tells us the top secrete buttons to push on the DVR to force an update (DirecTV you just pushed 0 2 4 6 8 at startup).

The Fat Man said:
Ironically I got my Hopper updated to 230 the night I got it. The Joeys were tough, being on the older software. Dish couldn't even help. Sat Guys did. Anyway, I got my OTA adapter last Monday. This morning my OTA channels are black. It still scans the channels, but nothing is able to be viewed.

Reboot your Hopper. I only had that happen once but a reboot fixed.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I have come to the conclusion that I'm going to let mine stay in the cabinet for a few more months while you guys work the kinks out of it, and I will just play with the bluetooth and the other new features. This dongle seems to be having too many problems still. I will let every one else drive themselves crazy LOL!

Last edited:
I only had the black screen once. Other than that it's a pretty flawless experience for me.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Got my Hopper this morning and it already has S230 on it. Ordered OTA module as soon as tech left. Hope to have it by mid week.

Hall said:
People KNOW what s/w version they have and they KNOW that the OTA module won't work yet ..... but they still CHOSE to order it. Maybe Dish should only allow manual orders for the module and part of the order process is confirming that one's receiver has current enough software. Of course, that would lead to MORE whining. You'd also have some users who'd lie about the version of s/w they have (presuming Dish takes their word for it and doesn't check from their end) and what would that gain them ?

You are assuming that anyone who hasn't followed this posting on this web site closely has a clue that Dish is selling them a device that will have about a 50/50 chance of doing absolutely nothing when purchased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)