HDTV approved

Discussion in 'Free To Air (FTA) Discussion' started by RidgeRunner, Feb 7, 2013.

1. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner Thread Starter Member

So I'm about to buy some parts to add a second KU dish. I've been shopping for a switch and a LNBF and a switch. I've noticed that some LNBFs say "HDTV approved" I don't know what makes it approved but I can imagine there would be a difference, but some of the switches say the same thing. So what makes a switch special for HDTV?

2. Stevemo

Stevemo Member

Your receiver and your TV need to be HD, that's it. The labeling is designed to confuse and trick people who haven't studied before they go shopping.
    Cheers, Steve

3. SatelliteAV

SatelliteAV SatelliteGuys Family
    Pub Member / Supporter

On the GEOSATpro LNBFs we use the term HD ready or HD compatible to answer the endless question, "Does this receive digital channels".

No difference, just answers questions...

4. Iceberg

Iceberg We're here....RUN!!!!
    Supporting Founder

kinda like TV antennas that say "HDTV ready" when your 30 year old antenna works just fine

5. Anole

Anole SatelliteGuys Guru

If there are two products on the shelf and mine says "HDTV", I'll make a sale and the other guy won't. :)

If you need general guidance on switches, see the FAQ:
    http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/134124-Switch-setups-simplified

I don't know your goals nor intentions, but the Standard PLL LNBF from SatellliteAV, and the Ecoda 22khz switch both come highly recommended.
    Assuming they fit your needs, of course.

6. waylew

waylew Active SatelliteGuys Member

Yup,30+ year old RatShak VU 160.:D

7. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner Thread Starter Member

Well Anole my intentions are to setup a fixed 75cm dish, I'm not 100% sure but I'm leaning towards 30 degrees. I have everything I need except a LNBF and a switch. I will also be needing a geostat micro had which appears to be highly recommend. Although I do not need the receiver right away but I do want to be HDTV capable eventually.

I kinda figured what you guys were posting on HDTV, but I thought I would double check.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  8. primestar31

primestar31 SatelliteGuys Family

There is an authorized reseller selling the MicroHD receiver on Ebay for $108 with FREE shipping. I've dealt with him multiple times, and had good service every time. http://www.ebay.com/itm/microHD-GEO...US_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item3f1a591c69

9. madmadworld

madmadworld SatelliteGuys Family

bought a nos outdoor antenna (1969) on ebay awhile back packaging said it got Color TV........ tooo funny

using some lnb's here from the 90s........... don't tell them their getting HD stuff

10. sar2012

sar2012 Member

Someone said that the new generation Geostat MicroHD will be on sale in a month. Is it true? Any ideal about the cost of this new divice?

11. phlatwound

phlatwound FTA Bumpkin
    Pub Member / Supporter