Hell on Wheels - on AMC

Next Episode: Season 3, Episode 6

Saturday, September 7, 2013

"One Less Mule": Durant files an injunction against Union Pacific, threatening Cullen's position; Elam deals with a dangerous newcomer.

S~

I only caught the last two shows from last season and didn't have a clue what was going on...and the finale had me scratching my head since it seemed like the show would drastically change. I considered watching this show from the beginning over the summer, but decided not to after the Season 2 finale. Regardless, I do like Low Winter Sun and what AMC is doing.

I'm liking this season so far, but miss Lily. The show also didn't seem to address what happened to Durant's wife. I figured she'd be the new featured female role this season. Instead we get that journalist lady whose mostly on the sidelines.

Next Episode: Season 3, Episode 7

Saturday, September 14, 2013

"Cholera": A cholera epidemic breaks; Cullen must locate fresh water before his employees perish; Durant faces political fallout.

S~

Next Episode: Season 3, Episode 8

Saturday, September 21, 2013

"It Happened in Boston": Cullen seeks help from Durant in winning his workers back from the Mormons; Sean and Mickey are haunted by their past.

S~

Next Episode: Season 3, Episode 9

Saturday, September 28, 2013

"Fathers and Sins": Riders attack Cheyenne; Cullen and Elam visit Durant; General Grant's deadline approaches.

S~

Next Episode: Season 3, Episode 10

Saturday, October 5, 2013

"Get Behind the Mule": Cullen deals with consequences; Elam mounts a rescue attempt; Durant receives the U.P. board ahead of the deadline.

S~

I really hope it got renewed. That better have not been it.!! Love the show though!

I'd like to see him take the job with the CP next season, that way we can get more insight on the other side of the race.

also be interesting to see how his minister "friend" takes to him showing up with a young pregnant mormon wife.

I really like this show, but was very disappointed with that season finale, particularly in regards to Elam--a monumental WTF? moment...
There are so many ways they could've killed that character off that would have made for a more suitable and worthy demise. Kind of reminds me of what happened to Lily: after surviving the big Indian attack at the end season 2, she goes down like helpless damsel in distress, though at least that helped throw gas on the fire between Cullen and the Swede. I don't see how Elam dying like that will contribute to any story arcs in a similar manner, unless the biggest threat facing the railroad construction in season 4 will be bear attacks :rolleyes:.

/rant

Well if there is a forth season.... I think we will see Elam hanging on by a thread to have Eva nurse him back to health, otherwise dumb way to kill a major character. I kept humming to myself Davey, Davey Crocket... killed a bear when he was only three.;) The ep was to crowded with goings on and the only person I felt bad for was the tuba player......:eek:

Well if there is a forth season.... I think we will see Elam hanging on by a thread to have Eva nurse him back to health, otherwise dumb way to kill a major character. I kept humming to myself Davey, Davey Crocket... killed a bear when he was only three.;) The ep was to crowded with goings on and the only person I felt bad for was the tuba player......:eek:

lol. Yeah, the tuba guy was brutal.

When I first saw the bear, my mind immediately went to a grammar school field trip bus song: "The other day ... I met a bear ... out in the woods ... oh way out there ..." Here's the Barenaked Ladies version of it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDKYtmJ8Uks

It was just too random given there hadn't been any real wildlife threats to this point in the show, other than Cullen's brief encounter with the wolf in the beginning of this season.

I don't doubt they'll bring him back if they want to. But there weren't any signs of hope, like someone finding him, before the show ended. I have a feeling they are leaving it open ended until they decide which way to go. Almost as lame was how Elam successfully took on four Indians head on given that he only learned how to shoot just a few months ago and the Indians make a living at shooting while on horseback. It would have almost made more sense for him to be mortally wounded from that.

Last edited:
The cable network has renewed Western drama Hell on Wheels for a fourth season, with showrunner John Wirth set to return. The series will be expanded from 10 to 13 episodes and return in summer 2014.

hollywoodreporter.com

Just read about that.Good to hear,I been catching up on season 3 the last few nights.Good show.

Good, I hate to have him end up being stuck in the mormon fort tilling the ground.
Hopefully the next season can have him join the Central Pacific and we can get that point of view of the railroad building. Maybe he can even run into Kwai Chang Caine :D

I wasn't as impressed with season 3 and the new writers. Just seemed like it wasn't going anywhere most of the time. Still like it, though.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)