Hopper with Sling Upgraded to S512

Mine only allows up to 5 timers set up from a single hopper, the 6th comes from the other hopper. I have been trying to recreate what you were talking about with series, but it is not automatically doing it. I won't lie, I secretly wish it does automatically do it, cause I hate when I miss Franklin and bash.

Mine only allows up to 5 timers set up from a single hopper, the 6th comes from the other hopper. I have been trying to recreate what you were talking about with series, but it is not automatically doing it. I won't lie, I secretly wish it does automatically do it, cause I hate when I miss Franklin and bash.
I wonder if it shifted timers over when an existing timer conflicted and previously would record a later showing of the program to resolve the conflict.

If that's the case, I would suggest deleting the existing timers that are doing this and re-creating them and selecting no on the conflicts screen.

Reactions: ChadT41
Are you guys saying it's easy for one member of the household to start accidentally hijacking tuners off the other hopper with this timer integration?

Only one of our hoppers has the new software, so no way for me to test...

I wonder if it shifted timers over when an existing timer conflicted and previously would record a later showing of the program to resolve the conflict.

If that's the case, I would suggest deleting the existing timers that are doing this and re-creating them and selecting no on the conflicts screen.

That's what I'm thinking it did. I'm going to try your suggestion. This is really going to be a pain.

Are you guys saying it's easy for one member of the household to start accidentally hijacking tuners off the other hopper with this timer integration?
Only one of our hoppers has the new software, so no way for me to test...

Yes, that's what I'm saying and apparently another member of the household doesn't even need to do it. I'm going to try fixing it with the above suggestion but if each time it grabs a tuner from my hopper when too many are scheduled and it won't pick up a later showing it will be an ongoing problem.

Dan

Yes, that's what I'm saying and apparently another member of the household doesn't even need to do it. I'm going to try fixing it with the above suggestion but if each time it grabs a tuner from my hopper when too many are scheduled and it won't pick up a later showing it will be an ongoing problem.
that sucks. We even discussed a few months ago that they should allow a software opt out of the timer integration. Largely because of stuff like this where they program the features so poorly. Tuner hijacking from the other hopper seemed like an obvious flaw...

I'll reserve judgement a bit until I can test it myself, but I expect a lot of headaches in our household.

This makes me laugh. So many people complained about not having enough tuners and not having full integration. Now that Dish is trying to get some form of integration we are seeing that people do not like it so much. It's just one of those things where you can never make everyone happy.

Personally, I think this is a very good start. It would be nice to have it work with the OTA turners, allow moving the content to USB and also use the other Hopper in the event the conflict is due to what a tuner currently in use.

if it's a poor implementation that creates headaches among family members, that would be where the complaints are. Not about what people wanted years ago regarding "full integration" that only happened with the super joey. After 2.5 years with the hopper, the software quality has always seriously lagged the state of the art hardware. We will obviously have to agree to disagree.

This makes me laugh. So many people complained about not having enough tuners and not having full integration. Now that Dish is trying to get some form of integration we are seeing that people do not like it so much. It's just one of those things where you can never make everyone happy.

As you know Sherrman, 6 tuners are not enough!! :biggrin2 Kind of makes you wonder how 1 Hopper, 3 Joey households do it.

As you know Sherrman, 6 tuners are not enough!! :biggrin2 Kind of makes you wonder how 1 Hopper, 3 Joey households do it.

I have no idea how a family could get by with only one Hopper without major conflicts. At some point the money saved is worth more than the bickering in the family. I upgraded a customer to a Hopper with 3 Joeys and she had 5 kids. I explained to her about the conflicts and she said it was too much and she would just put up with it.

Looks like the search feature is broken again. You can no longer search for words in the descrition of a program. No you can only search in the title.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)