If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

• Yes - Definitely!!!

Votes: 104 21.5%
  • No - Will use another source for content / downgrade package.

Votes: 322 66.7%
  • Maybe - just not sure

Votes: 57 11.8%

• Total voters
Well I am happy to say that we didn't have to leave Dish!!They made a great offer of a free Roku XD media player.That will allow us to get the shows we would be missing via AMC and We.Some are getting credits as well but personally I think what they offered to us is more than fair.

Well I am happy to say that we didn't have to leave Dish!!They made a great offer of a free Roku XD media player.That will allow us to get the shows we would be missing via AMC and We.Some are getting credits as well but personally I think what they offered to us is more than fair.

Good to hear, while I hope one day AMC comes back, it looks like today they have had customer service on full blast

I think you might be getting bent - roku's are cheap and with dish's deal, you will have to pay for the content to watch on your roku since you didn't mention DISH will also provide you with reimbursement for some of the content fees.

You should have held out for DISH paying for some of the season DVDs of AMC and WE content for you. ;)

I think you might be getting bent - roku's are cheap and with dish's deal, you will have to pay for the content to watch on your roku since you didn't mention DISH will also provide you with reimbursement for some of the content fees.

You should have held out for DISH paying for some of the season DVDs of AMC and WE content for you. ;)

$80 the way I figure it.Again others got $10 off for 12 months thats great fro them.I am happy to get what we got.Not that hard to please.Who knows maybe come Sept.they might give us multisport for free if the dispute isn't resolved.

I watch the morning news today and there was a headline saying AT&T U-Verse and AMC had reach a deal. No info on Dish and Direct at this time.

Nothing new to say here. I considered dropping. I watch Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels (even though it probably won't last) and Walking Dead. I talked to a pushy DirecTV salesman at Sam's Club yesterday about switching over. (He wasn't too pushy but just enough to be annoying. No I don't want to go ahead and sign a contract to "Get the ball rolling". And I have to pass a credit check to not have to pay for the receivers?) I did learn something though, He told me DISH has only 6 satellites and 2 of those are DirecTV satellites. And that DirecTV has 16 satellites. That's one of the reasons DirecTV is better than DISH. :\

So we'll stick with DISH for many reasons. I did downgrade my package this morning to America's Top 120 and drop BB@Home. That $25 / mo will make them know I mean business! :)

Uhhhh other way around!! Direct tv has two sats...dish six. Ive had direct tell me that before as well. What loosers..lol

yeah I hate when them people get loose :rolleyes:

Direct does not have 16 sats. It has two or three. Dish has 129,119,110,105,89 and someother bell ones. Dish is echostar and really big into the sats up in space deal. They pretty much rule up there...ive always wondered how direct works off so less

current count of satellites each provider uses

Dish has the following satellites
Echo 15
Echo 12 (the old Voom sat)

Nimiq5 (Canadian sat that dish leases)

Echo 8

Echo 10 (locals)
Echo 11 (CONUS)

AnikF3 (leasing)

Echo 14

Echo 9 (business accounts only)

Ciel II (Canadian sat that dish leases)

so thats 10 satellites

Directv
Galaxy 3R (leases space)

Spaceway II
Directv 11

Directv 8
Directv 4s (locals)

Spaceway 1
Directv 10
Directv 12

Directv 5 (nothing on it)

Directv 7

So thats 10 satellites also :)

I watch the morning news today and there was a headline saying AT&T U-Verse and AMC had reach a deal. No info on Dish and Direct at this time.

AT&T reaches deal with AMC news has been discussed here since yesterday morning
http://www.satelliteguys.us/t-u-verse/287581-amc-att-make-deal.html

Dish dropped AMC and stopped talking. They claim there is no chance of a quick return

DirecTV's contract with AMC is not up for some time so they were never in danger of losing the channel.

AT&T reaches deal with AMC news has been discussed here since yesterday morning
http://www.satelliteguys.us/t-u-verse/287581-amc-att-make-deal.html

Dish dropped AMC and stopped talking. They claim there is no chance of a quick return

DirecTV's contract with AMC is not up for some time so they were never in danger of losing the channel.

Was surprised I first read about this on an RSS from a news site late this afternoon rather than on the front page of here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can we add a second poll. How many Yes and No's actually followed through on their vote?

I actually called to cancel but they offered 3 months free HBO, Cinemax and Showtime plus a $10 credit per month for a year so I could not pass that up. I am sure Dish was able to save many customers which called and was going to cancel but got enough freebies to change their mind, at least in the short term. I myself am hopeful that they take all the customer complaints to heart and work out a new agreement with AMC. I watched IFC now and then but AMC I did watch often, but can do without at least until the new season of Walking Dead is about to begin.

I feel the biggest let down was that they promised quality replacement channels. We didn't get them. I already had 2 of them in my package. I took the time to browse the HDnet movie channel and couldn't find a movie being aired that I was interested in and my God they air the same movies over and over and over. So in the end Dish saves millions of dollars while telling us they did it for us. I don't feel anyone believes that.

I was offered a free rocku player. Instead of that offer I asked for free movie channels. My wife wanted big brother after dark anyways so we got show time , hbo , starz free for 3 months and c max free for a year. I took that offer instead.

I actually called to cancel but they offered 3 months free HBO, Cinemax and Showtime plus a $10 credit per month for a year so I could not pass that up. I am sure Dish was able to save many customers which called and was going to cancel but got enough freebies to change their mind, at least in the short term. I myself am hopeful that they take all the customer complaints to heart and work out a new agreement with AMC. I watched IFC now and then but AMC I did watch often, but can do without at least until the new season of Walking Dead is about to begin.

I feel the biggest let down was that they promised quality replacement channels. We didn't get them. I already had 2 of them in my package. I took the time to browse the HDnet movie channel and couldn't find a movie being aired that I was interested in and my God they air the same movies over and over and over. So in the end Dish saves millions of dollars while telling us they did it for us. I don't feel anyone believes that.

Totally agree!
Ghpr13:usa2:

wbrightfl said:

I see your point and can't argue it. I personally didn't see the value in IFC and We, but then my wife went to watch Bridezilla or something and freaked that We was gone. I never saw her ever watch We, but we work opposite shifts two days a week and she has a Sunday-Monday weekend, where I have a Saturday-Sunday one. So I guess she did watch it a lot.