James Harrison Rips Goodell & Fellow Teammates!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
A few notable quotes....

"If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it. I hate him and will never respect him."

His other descriptions of the commissioner include an anti-gay slur, "stupid," "puppet" and "dictator."

"Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does," he said, referring to Roethlisberger's two interceptions in the game.

Harrison also criticizes other NFL executives, Patriots-turned-commentators Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi ("clowns"), and Houston's Brian Cushing ("juiced out of his mind").

I am shocked that the Rooney family still has Harrison attached to their franchise. A classy family/owner such as that should have no tolerance for this idiot!

James Harrison: Confessions of an NFL Hitman | Men’s Journal

What an idiot. Maybe if he would have registered more than a single tackle in the Super Bowl his opinion of other players performances would be relevant.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

With the history the Rooney family has with the NFL, I would not be surprised if he is released in the future??

Damn, you gotta have alot of ballz and you better have some SERIOUS game to talk that much garbage. We shall see once the Lockout is over and he has to face his teammates, if his tune changes.

Damn, you gotta have alot of ballz and you better have some SERIOUS game to talk that much garbage. We shall see once the Lockout is over and he has to face his teammates, if his tune changes.

Without Tomlin able to tell him to shut up, I expect he'll dig this whole a little deeper before the PR cleanup begins.

Hope he has balls and game, because his comments call in question his brain.

Can only imagine how embarrassed Rooney is of his team between this and Hines Ward's DUI.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

At least he's not afraid to speak his mind.

He's right, he was singled out clearly with fines last year, it was obvious to all players and fans as well.

Fwiw, he signed a 6 year contract recently, he's not going anywhere.

Harrison reminds me alot of Ray Lewis, also not afraid to speak his mind.

Fan rationalizations about their team are always fun to read, but "he'd get work elsewhere" is what you're going with? That's as bad as the fan who said in the ESPN story comments that Hines Ward was probably unable to maintain his balance because of all of his knee surgeries.

The backpedaling has begun, he's said his words were 'twisted' and Ben says he believes him.

In the end, the gay slur and accusing another player of steroid use will be what gets him fined heavily, if not suspended.

I can't be the only one who hears that guy from pineapple express say "thug life!" when you see image he posed for in the article.

At least he's not afraid to speak his mind.

He's right, he was singled out clearly with fines last year, it was obvious to all players and fans as well.

Fwiw, he signed a 6 year contract recently, he's not going anywhere.

Harrison reminds me alot of Ray Lewis, also not afraid to speak his mind.

I can't believe you're defending this guy. I realize he's on "your team", but what he said was wrong.

HD MM said:
I can't believe you're defending this guy. I realize he's on "your team", but what he said was wrong.

From your experience, you can't be surprised. Once you defend a rapist, it's not like you can get any lower.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

Fan rationalizations about their team are always fun to read, but "he'd get work elsewhere" is what you're going with? That's as bad as the fan who said in the ESPN story comments that Hines Ward was probably unable to maintain his balance because of all of his knee surgeries.

The backpedaling has begun, he's said his words were 'twisted' and Ben says he believes him.

In the end, the gay slur and accusing another player of steroid use will be what gets him fined heavily, if not suspended.

I can't be the only one who hears that guy from pineapple express say "thug life!" when you see image he posed for in the article.

i totally agree.

I can see WHY he said what he said but IMO he should of kept his mouth shut with the Ben and Mendenhal comments. If he has a problem with his team mates he should of went to them and told them to their face. The other comments I have no problem with what he said.

I can see WHY he said what he said but IMO he should of kept his mouth shut with the Ben and Mendenhal comments. If he has a problem with his team mates he should of went to them and told them to their face. The other comments I have no problem with what he said.

I totally agree. IF you were to poll every player in the NFL about his Goodell comments(other than the gay slur), I would be surprised if LESS than 3/4 of the league agreed with him. His comments about his teammates....well, THERE he f&*$ed up...and will have to face the music with them IF and when he comes back to the team because we truly do not know what ownership might do.

The writer this morning said Harrison named a number of other players that he says are on steroids but they didn't include it in the article because only Cushing was suspended. Cushiness agent is already lobbying for punishment, and he'll probably keep banging that drum until the lockout is ended and it's addressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)