James Harrison Rips Goodell & Fellow Teammates!

I can see WHY he said what he said but IMO he should of kept his mouth shut with the Ben and Mendenhal comments. If he has a problem with his team mates he should of went to them and told them to their face. The other comments I have no problem with what he said.

Hours after the thing was made public, Harrison had already talked with Ben and Rashard and showed them how the article had been twisted ....

Jimbo said:
Hours after the thing was made public, Harrison had already talked with Ben and Rashard and showed them how the article had been twisted ....

Are you ****ing serious? You believe that his words were twisted? Do you Steelers fans live in fantasy land?

Tape or no tape, James I Can't wait until Brady and the Pats kicks your ass again this year, I always enjoy the excuses that come from western PA. Freaking moron!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

Hart5150 said:
Are you ****ing serious? You believe that his words were twisted? Do you Steelers fans live in fantasy land?

Tape or no tape, James I Can't wait until Brady and the Pats kicks your ass again this year, I always enjoy the excuses that come from western PA. Freaking moron!

Why are you flaming jimbo? It's against the rules. You take things way too seriously. Maybe calm down a little.

Last edited:
Jimbo said:

Yeah I read that in the paper today. I still think he should of kept his mouth shut. At least now he took all the heat off of Ward.

You ALWAYS believe what everyone says ?
You REALLY believe EVERYTHING you hear in the media ?

Yeah I read that in the paper today. I still think he should of kept his mouth shut. At least now he took all the heat off of Ward.

I agree ...
Everyone is thinking that I said it was GREAT for Harrison to do what he did .... I said NOTHING of the kind.

I was commenting on the fact that Harrison was CORRECT, he and the Steelers were CLEARLY singled out, it was about as OBVIOUS as the keyboard in front of you ... though many won't believe it because it's the Steelers.

Jimbo said:
I agree ...
Everyone is thinking that I said it was GREAT for Harrison to do what he did .... I said NOTHING of the kind.

I was commenting on the fact that Harrison was CORRECT, he and the Steelers were CLEARLY singled out, it was about as OBVIOUS as the keyboard in front of you ... though many won't believe it because it's the Steelers.

He was singled out the whole year. There was hits that wasn't against the rules that he got fined for and players hit Ben at times that was against the rules that didn't get in trouble for.

I agree ...

Yeah, because as long as there's justification to be hateful it's ok... Right? You and cybok agree with him so were ok to drop a few gay slurs and call you a racist too? That's what you're advocating. As long as there's a reason it's ok, right?

Latest excuse is from his agent, saying it was simply bravado. He did not address the rest of the comments like those about his teammates or the other NFL players he for some reason felt compelled to say do steroids.

Really looking at the whole thing, almost sounds like he was roid raging during the interview.

Way too much smoke here for there to be no fire, don't be so naive and get your head out of the sand. Guessing you're ok with drunk driving too as long as you don't get caught to rationalize away Ward's DUI too right? Can't believe everything you read in a police report or what was caught on a patrolman's dashboard camera?

Yeah, because as long as there's justification to be hateful it's ok... Right? You and cybok agree with him so were ok to drop a few gay slurs and call you a racist too? That's what you're advocating. As long as there's a reason it's ok, right?

Latest excuse is from his agent, saying it was simply bravado. He did not address the rest of the comments like those about his teammates or the other NFL players he for some reason felt compelled to say do steroids.

Really looking at the whole thing, almost sounds like he was roid raging during the interview.

Way too much smoke here for there to be no fire, don't be so naive and get your head out of the sand. Guessing you're ok with drunk driving too as long as you don't get caught to rationalize away Ward's DUI too right? Can't believe everything you read in a police report or what was caught on a patrolman's dashboard camera?

Did you EVEN read what jimbo stated?

I agree ...

As far Ward's DUI, well innocent until proven guilty BUT many of the people here think that when it comes to the Steelers they are guilty till proven innocent.

I wouldn't of said what Harrison did but hey this is America and he does have a right to say that no matter if you, me or anyone else thinks it's wrong.

Hart5150 said:

Are YOU SERIOUS? It is never ceases to amaze me some of the things you say ...and then is surprised by the backlash you get.

Did you EVEN read what jimbo stated?

As far Ward's DUI, well innocent until proven guilty BUT many of the people here think that when it comes to the Steelers they are guilty till proven innocent.

I wouldn't of said what Harrison did but hey this is America and he does have a right to say that no matter if you, me or anyone else thinks it's wrong.

You have a right to say it, but you also have a right to be judged by it and where applicable held responsible for it. That goes for the posts on this forum condoning, rationalizing, or making excuses for his statements as well.

I'm sure you'll have another excuse for Ward when he pleas out of his DUI too...

meStevo said:
You have a right to say it, but you also have a right to be judged by it and where applicable held responsible for it. That goes for the posts on this forum condoning, rationalizing, or making excuses for his statements as well.

So let me get this straight, take away the dumba$$ gay slur from the equation, you do not think that most of the NFL players did not agree with his assessment of Gooddell? I doubt there is a single player, especially that plays defense, that likes Goodell.

YES, what he said was stupid, but it did not have some truth to it?! Hell, most you AGREED with Harrison in how Goodell handle the hits and fines/punishment. Add to the fact that most to all player probably think that Goodell does not care about them and the game, but more for the owners.... that's just MORE fuel to the fire.

I'm sure you'll have another excuse for Ward when he pleas out of his DUI too...

He's a adult if he wants to make statements like that well that's his own doing. I have no problem with someone exercising their constitutional rights. He will pay the price for it, He already has in Pittsburgh with the media and fans, I thought it was dumb on his part but it's his life.

If ward is found guilty or he pleads guilty I hope he pays the highest price possible for his crime.

I always like to see what happens BEFORE I presume someone is guilty.

Let me tell you something Pittsburgh fans are harder on their players than most fans in other cities.

So let me get this straight, take away the dumba$$ gay slur from the equation, you do not think that most of the NFL players did not agree with his assessment of Gooddell? I doubt there is a single player, especially that plays defense, that likes Goodell.

YES, what he said was stupid, but it did not have some truth to it?! Hell, most you AGREED with Harrison in how Goodell handle the hits and fines/punishment. Add to the fact that most to all player probably think that Goodell does not care about them and the game, but more for the owners.... that's just MORE fuel to the fire.

Take away the gay slur and you still having him calling him a racist for fining him more for hitting a white player one way and hitting a black player.

...and then you're ignoring him dredging up the Patriots stuff

...and then you're ignoring him accusing other players in the league of juicing

...and then you're ignoring him throwing 2 members of his team under the bus

...and that's ignoring that it's not just Goodell that is involved in fines, but also the appeals process that is also funded by the NFLPA and upheld the fines. Though Polamalu was quoted as saying he didn't understand it was fair that Goodell could give out fines that he then oversees, so if the players don't even understand the process I guess it's OK that many fans don't.

...all this after ignoring a gay slur to begin with

It's no secret players aren't happy with some of what Goodell has done, but he's not in a popularity contest, he's trying to improve and grow the NFL. Last I've seen revenues are increasing and are expected to double in a short handful of years. Looks like what he's doing is working... and if Harrison keeps hitting players high then more will have to be done to curtail that behavior, since obviously $100k wasn't enough.

Last edited:
cybok0 said:
Why are you flaming jimbo? It's against the rules. You take things way too seriously. Maybe calm down a little.

When I said James I meant Harrison, not jimbo.

salsadancer7 said:
Are YOU SERIOUS? It is never ceases to amaze me some of the things you say ...and then is surprised by the backlash you get.

What backlash? From you? Don't flatter yourself.

Hart5150 said:
What backlash? From you? Don't flatter yourself.

Wow! Someone really has his panties in a twist today... LOL!

Plenty has been said about YOUR arrogance about your Pats, Red Sox, Celtics and Gators.... I was gonna say Bruins, but seems the only time you thought of them is when they won in the Finals....other than that, they weren't even an afterthought to you.

There are plenty of posters here that have hard nose opinion about Boston teams where some posters disagreed, but they somehow showed class when they do it and they do not need to call people names to do it. Jimbo and Cy are no more of homer than anyone else in here. No on likes their teams or players called out, but ya went bush league and went way beyond trolling. Others may not like to "call a spade a spade"...but I am NOT gonna take a play out of YOUR SOP and call you an a$$h%03 because it would not be right to flame another regular poster...it just wouldn't.

See how it sucks when SOMEONE ELSE does.... ;-)

So endith the lesson....

Take away the gay slur and you still having him calling him a racist for fining him more for hitting a white player one way and hitting a black player.

I believe him there. Why do you think Ben got fined so much, because he wanted to try and show that not only black players get fined.

...and then you're ignoring him dredging up the Patriots stuff

Everything is true there, they did cheat, they got fined for it. The commissioner did destroy the tapes.

...and then you're ignoring him accusing other players in the league of juicing
So you only think baseball players juice?

...and then you're ignoring him throwing 2 members of his team under the bus
I still think he should of kept that in house.

...and that's ignoring that it's not just Goodell that is involved in fines, but also the appeals process that is also funded by the NFLPA and upheld the fines. Though Polamalu was quoted as saying he didn't understand it was fair that Goodell could give out fines that he then oversees, so if the players don't even understand the process I guess it's OK that many fans don't.
The commissioner and his cronies are in charge of giving fines and the appeal process. There should be player reps in charge of the appeal process.

...all this after ignoring a gay slur to begin with

It's no secret players aren't happy with some of what Goodell has done, but he's not in a popularity contest, he's trying to improve and grow the NFL. Last I've seen revenues are increasing and are expected to double in a short handful of years. Looks like what he's doing is working... and if Harrison keeps hitting players high then more will have to be done to curtail that behavior, since obviously $100k wasn't enough.
The NFL makes money off of DVDs that have hard hits but they also fine players for making hard hits. Seems hypocritical to me.

He was singled out the whole year. There was hits that wasn't against the rules that he got fined for and players hit Ben at times that was against the rules that didn't get in trouble for.

Yup, but no one sees the hits against Ben, they are all OK with them.

MISTRIAL111

Women's 2011 FIFA World Cup(Soccer)