James Harrison Rips Goodell & Fellow Teammates!

You have a right to say it, but you also have a right to be judged by it and where applicable held responsible for it. That goes for the posts on this forum condoning, rationalizing, or making excuses for his statements as well.

I'm sure you'll have another excuse for Ward when he pleas out of his DUI too...

Where are the EXCUSES your talking about ?

Take away the gay slur and you still having him calling him a racist for fining him more for hitting a white player one way and hitting a black player.

...and then you're ignoring him dredging up the Patriots stuff

...and then you're ignoring him accusing other players in the league of juicing

...and then you're ignoring him throwing 2 members of his team under the bus

...and that's ignoring that it's not just Goodell that is involved in fines, but also the appeals process that is also funded by the NFLPA and upheld the fines. Though Polamalu was quoted as saying he didn't understand it was fair that Goodell could give out fines that he then oversees, so if the players don't even understand the process I guess it's OK that many fans don't.

...all this after ignoring a gay slur to begin with

It's no secret players aren't happy with some of what Goodell has done, but he's not in a popularity contest, he's trying to improve and grow the NFL. Last I've seen revenues are increasing and are expected to double in a short handful of years. Looks like what he's doing is working... and if Harrison keeps hitting players high then more will have to be done to curtail that behavior, since obviously $100k wasn't enough.

So you like the NFL to look like Arena league games, all offense and no defense ....

Thats nice to know .... thats what your gonna have here soon if they keep changing the rules , pretty soon the QB's will wear a suit that if you touch them it's a penalty, the D* can't hit anymore.... all the offensive player has to do is hear footsteps and duck and the D* gets fined.

There is NO D in the NFL anymore.

Can you imagine what would happen if he was around in the '70's

Remember Steveo, NOBODY HERE said, what he said was OK.

salsadancer7 said:
Wow! Someone really has his panties in a twist today... LOL!

Plenty has been said about YOUR arrogance about your Pats, Red Sox, Celtics and Gators.... I was gonna say Bruins, but seems the only time you thought of them is when they won in the Finals....other than that, they weren't even an afterthought to you.

There are plenty of posters here that have hard nose opinion about Boston teams where some posters disagreed, but they somehow showed class when they do it and they do not need to call people names to do it. Jimbo and Cy are no more of homer than anyone else in here. No on likes their teams or players called out, but ya went bush league and went way beyond trolling. Others may not like to "call a spade a spade"...but I am NOT gonna take a play out of YOUR SOP and call you an a$$h%03 because it would not be right to flame another regular poster...it just wouldn't.

See how it sucks when SOMEONE ELSE does.... ;-)

So endith the lesson....

So I'm an a**hole?

Pot meet kettle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

Never could understand how Goodell could hand out fines and then when it's appealed, it's handed right back to him to look at again, like he's gonna say, Oh, i might have looked at it wrong the second time around.

This is something that they should also be looking at while they are bargaining, if Goodell is going to hand out fines, they need to have an independent arbitrator , NOT PAID by the owners or Goodell.

So I'm an a**hole?

Pot meet kettle.

You didn't even read THAT post right.

Others may not like to "call a spade a spade"...but I am NOT gonna take a play out of YOUR SOP and call you an a$$h%03 because it would not be right to flame another regular poster...it just wouldn't.

Never could understand how Goodell could hand out fines and then when it's appealed, it's handed right back to him to look at again, like he's gonna say, Oh, i might have looked at it wrong the second time around.

This is something that they should also be looking at while they are bargaining, if Goodell is going to hand out fines, they need to have an independent arbitrator , NOT PAID by the owners or Goodell.

Fines were reviewed by Art Shell and Ted Cotrell, who's employment and fees are paid for jointly by the union and the NFL.

Troy Polamalu doesn’t understand the NFL fine process | ProFootballTalk

Jimbo said:
You didn't even read THAT post right.

Others may not like to "call a spade a spade"...but I am NOT gonna take a play out of YOUR SOP and call you an a$$h%03 because it would not be right to flame another regular poster...it just wouldn't.

Yes I did,he said "I'm not going to call you an a**hole" is in reality calling you an a**hole.

And who did I flame? You? I made a general statement about Steelers fans, so what. Than I said outlound that I hope the pats would whip up on them for his comments about 04 and Bruschi and R. Harrison. How is that personal?

Last edited:
James Harrison on the article.
Anderson

On Friday 15th July 2011, @JosinaAnderson said:

Breaking: Here is James Harrison's entire statement which offers an apology: I’ll start by offering my apologies for some of the words that I said during the four days in May that Men’s Journal was invited to my house to discuss what the NFL has recently been portraying as their attempts at ‘player safety’ rules and regulations, and to cover my everyday workout routine.

I did make comments about my teammates when I was talking about the emotional Super Bowl loss, but the handful of words that were used and heavily publicized yesterday were pulled out of a long conversation and the context was lost. Obviously, I would never say that it was all Ben’s or Rashard’s fault that we lost the Super Bowl. That would be ridiculous. Both Ben and Rashard are great players and great teammates. Clearly the entire team bears responsibility for the loss, me included. It was a team effort and a team loss. My teammates know me well, and hopefully understand the things I said were not meant to accuse them of the loss. We all have discussed several things that went wrong in the Super Bowl since that day. What I do apologize for and take full responsibility for is for speaking in such a candid manner to someone outside the team.

I also need to make clear that the comment about Roger Goodell was not intended to be derogatory against gay people in any way. It was careless use of a slang word and I apologize to all who were offended by the remark. I am not a homophobic bigot, and I would never advocate intolerance of gay people.

As far as the photo that was shown on air yesterday, collecting guns is a hobby of mine, and I advocate the responsible use of firearms. I believe in the right to bear arms. I like to go to the shooting range. I like to hunt. I like to fish. I could just as easily have posed with my fishing poles but it obviously wouldn’t be an interesting picture for the magazine. I am not promoting gun violence by posing for that photo. There are also other photos in the magazine story that were not shown on air yesterday – including me with my sons, with my mom and as a kid.

Unfortunately, the above items and other comments have detracted from the original purpose of the story – a position I have been advocating for some time now. If player safety is the NFL’s main concern, as they say it is, they are not going about it in an effective manner. There’s nothing about extending the season or issuing exorbitant fines on defensive players that makes any shift toward the prevention of injury to players.

I believe that the league may have been feeling increasing pressure about injuries and concussions last year, and that they panicked and put rules in place that weren’t fully thought out. I’m not advocating more flags and fines, I’m just saying that the current rules are not completely fair, and I don’t believe in the way that the league is handling their position as overseer of the NFL and the well-being of its players.

As far as the character and reputation hits I may suffer as a result of

http://tl.gd/bo0uf9

But guys, Goodel the crook/puppet/dictator/(gay slur) hates black people, and his fines are too heavy handed, and Ben isn't protected enough, and the Patriots did cheat, and steroids are used all over the NFL... why did Harrison need to apologize?

So I'm an a**hole?

Pot meet kettle.

Reading comprehension is definitely not your best attribute...

meStevo said:
But guys, Goodel the crook/puppet/dictator/(gay slur) hates black people, and his fines are too heavy handed, and Ben isn't protected enough, and the Patriots did cheat, and steroids are used all over the NFL... why did Harrison need to apologize?

He didn't apologize for anything about Goodell except the gay slur. He did apologize about his teammates which I said he should of kept it in house. Anything else in your statement he didn't apologize for. Read before you comment.

Oh I not gonna be fooled to think he did not mean every word he said....but considering how he has been fined... I am not surprised but what he said. Do not condone....just not surprised.

So why should any of you? And I ask again, almost EVERYONE in this site, me included, sided with Harrison when he was complaining about the over protection of WRs and QBs and the BS fines for the hits...and now suddenly, everyone is suddenly a Goodell fan? LOL!

Ironic....

They WERE, or they are NOW ?

I could just paste Salsa's last reply to this, but instead I'll give you this... from the link you quoted in my last post:

Earlier this year [2010], the NFL and the union agreed to this approach, and the league and the NFLPA shares in the fees and expenses. Thus, Shell and Cottrell aren’t league employees; they’re employed jointly by management and labor.

So why should any of you? And I ask again, almost EVERYONE in this site, me included, sided with Harrison when he was complaining about the over protection of WRs and QBs and the BS fines for the hits...and now suddenly, everyone is suddenly a Goodell fan? LOL!

Ironic....

Sorry, but if you went back in the threads, I think that you would have maybe 40 % agreeing , not almost everyone.

Cy and I defended alot of the ones because when you actually slow it down and watch the play, the recvr was either bobbling the ball or ducking his head or shoulder ... many cases had they not ducked the shot would not have been to the head.

People cried for WEEKS about the hit to the Browns recvr, which btw should NOT have been a penalty or a fine, as he CLEARLY DUCKED while trying to hang onto the ball.

I'm not saying you (Salsa) were one complaining because I think for the most part your pretty fair when it comes to this stuff.

If you all LOOK at the hit, you would see what actually happened.

Otoh, there were other times where, ya, they were bad hits and deserved fines, however it got sooooo bad that everytime Harrison made a tackle people were calling for a penalty.

However, if you look at the hits other players made that were NEVER fines, penalized or even LOOKED at, it's ridiculous ....

Then if you look at the ABUSE that Big Ben took on a WEEKLY basis and to say NONE of them were hits deserving either a penalty or fine is also ludicrous.

They BROKE Ben's Frickin nose and there was no call .
How is THAT not a hit to the head or worse ?

Last edited:
Jimbo said:
Sorry, but if you went back in the threads, I think that you would have maybe 40 % agreeing , not almost everyone.

Cy and I defended alot of the ones because when you actually slow it down and watch the play, the recvr was either bobbling the ball or ducking his head or shoulder ... many cases had they not ducked the shot would not have been to the head.

People cried for WEEKS about the hit to the Browns recvr, which btw should NOT have been a penalty or a fine, as he CLEARLY DUCKED while trying to hang onto the ball.

I'm not saying you (Salsa) were one complaining because I think for the most part your pretty fair when it comes to this stuff.

If you all LOOK at the hit, you would see what actually happened.

Otoh, there were other times where, ya, they were bad hits and deserved fines, however it got sooooo bad that everytime Harrison made a tackle people were calling for a penalty.

However, if you look at the hits other players made that were NEVER fines, penalized or even LOOKED at, it's ridiculous ....

Then if you look at teh ABUSE that Big Ben took on a WEEKLY basis and to say NONE of them were hits deserving either a penalty or fine is also ludicrous.

The BROKE Ben's Frickin nose and there was no call .
I couldn't say it any better.

I wouldn't of said what Harrison did but hey this is America and he does have a right to say that no matter if you, me or anyone else thinks it's wrong.

Yeah, but there are consequences to that free speech. In the work place if you say or use that type of language and insults against your supervisor or boss, you are toast.

Sure, they look at it and hand it back to Goodell.

Trolling ? I point out where you're completely wrong and you come back with this?

Why does this matter?

The receiver pulled Harrison off the ground too right, that's why the infamous picture of this hit Harrison is in the air superman style? That's what's wrong with the hit.

harrison-massaquoi-front-si.jpg

They BROKE Ben's Frickin nose and there was no call .

Refs aren't going to see everything, and Ben extended so many plays I assure you you'd much rather have gotten what you did rather than having him called in the grasp or sacked the number of times he pulled out of it and made a play.

Ngata was fined for the hit that broke his nose, one of the two fines that I found with all of 3 seconds on Google. Don't know if there were more.

Clearly all reasons to call your boss a (gay slur), a puppet, a dictator, a crook, etc.

Peter King pointed out tonight who it was that knocked on Goodell's door and with news that he had become the commissioner - Art Rooney. He expects at least a 1-game ban imposed by Rooney even if that first game is against the Ravens.

Steelers fans would love for this to be about the NFL rather than their man preaching to a reporter like he's at a hate group rally.

Last edited:

MISTRIAL111

Women's 2011 FIFA World Cup(Soccer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts