Main Titanfall Thread

Well that was a very good deal for those who may have caught it at the right time. The system has only been out for about 4 months and people who jumped on that got it for $100 less than the rest of us and the system's most popular game packed in for free.
We'll see.. this may have been a website glitch. I wouldn't trust anything until the orders ship.

I played a couple more hours tonight. Everything was running much smoother and I didn't experience any of the extreme lag I was seeing last night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The PC version does look a bit cleaner, but the XB1 is pretty damn close. Can only really tell when put side to side.

Damn.. can anyone attest to this being a 50GB game for PC? That's 1/5th of my SSD! I can't imagine how many DVDs this comes on for the 360..
Ugh...........In today's "Christ, who the hell thought THAT was a good idea?" moment..

Respawn announced that the reason it's 48GB is NOT because of language packs, but simply because they thought decoding audio would be too much of an issue for lower end computers.... They put in THIRTY FIVE GIGABYTES of uncompressed audio. Let's hope that Respawn gets their head out of their asses and release the audio as a separate download, as even THEY acknowledged that higher end machines wouldn't notice a difference..

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...xplains-The-Games-35-GB-of-Uncompressed-Audio

What levels are everyone at? I am currently a 34 working on getting the 50 before the end of march achievement. I have had a LOT of fun with this game. should tide me over till that halo 2 hd remake comes out :D

The game arrived from Gamefly, but work has conspired to keep me from playing. I went through the tutorial Sunday night and got into a game lobby, but all the screaming 12 year olds drove me away before the match started I'm honestly not sure I want to deal with that. I really do wish there was a single player campaign for this game.

I just mute the mic and speakers and play. Been doing that for a while unless I am in a party.

Yep the quick way to do that is just create a party even if you are playing by yourself. It will put you into party chat instead of game chat even if you are the only one in your party. That way you don't have to manually mute each individual player. That tip works for PS4 multiplayer games too.

Edit: just realized I forgot to answer the level post. I couldn't sleep last night so I ended up getting out of bed about an hour and a half earlier than I needed to for work this morning. I decided to play a few rounds of Titanfall to kill some time. I think I hit level 26 this morning.

That's good to know. Assuming I don't have to bring work home with me tonight, I'll give that a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Titanfall 360 delayed once again for 2 more weeks. This can NOT bode well. I can't remember the last time a game was delayed less than a week before it was to be released, not to mention also missing the original big release.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/19/titanfall-for-xbox-360-delayed/

I don't believe that this delay is so they have a couple more weeks to work on the game at all. I'm pretty positive that disks have already been printed if they were supposed to release in two weeks. I would bet that they worked out a deal with Microsoft so they could continue to make people think this is an Xbox One only game. I'm sure it was the reason many people upgraded to the Xbox One and they probably want to keep that going.

These days just about every game comes with a giant day one patch along with several more patches in the next few weeks. Multiplayer issues haven't seemed to stop publishers from putting games out on the shelf before, especially EA with their Battlefield issues. We are in the get it out now and patch it later era and everyone already knew this wouldn't be the best version of the game.

Unless it's broken to the point where it's unplayable I don't believe their story for why the game is delayed 2 more weeks. If the game truly is that broken I don't believe that they can fix it in two weeks.

I don't believe that this delay is so they have a couple more weeks to work on the game at all. I'm pretty positive that disks have already been printed if they were supposed to release in two weeks. I would bet that they worked out a deal with Microsoft so they could continue to make people think this is an Xbox One only game. I'm sure it was the reason many people upgraded to the Xbox One and they probably want to keep that going.

These days just about every game comes with a giant day one patch along with several more patches in the next few weeks. Multiplayer issues haven't seemed to stop publishers from putting games out on the shelf before, especially EA with their Battlefield issues. We are in the get it out now and patch it later era and everyone already knew this wouldn't be the best version of the game.

Unless it's broken to the point where it's unplayable I don't believe their story for why the game is delayed 2 more weeks. If the game truly is that broken I don't believe that they can fix it in two weeks.
Yes but I think that EA has learned from the Battlefield 4 issues and that the multiplayer isn't where they want it to be. Like you said, the games have been pressed and are ready to go, but now I think they're refining their big Day 1 patch. Don't forget, at least BF4 had a single player component. Not many people noticed, but it still had one. If you are not 100% to go on launch with a multiplayer only game that costs $60, you are screwed. And don't forget, this is a PORT that is being handled by another company, so clearly they're dropping the ball somewhere. I understand the first delay being done to help push more One sales, but this second delay is not good from a business standpoint and just points to other problems.

At that price point its honestly hard to argue between the one and the ps4 on price.

For the additional game aside functionality, even working part time, id say the one is looking like a deal in comparison.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

At that price point its honestly hard to argue between the one and the ps4 on price.

For the additional game aside functionality, even working part time, id say the one is looking like a deal in comparison.

Maybe if you are into the cable box integration stuff. For streaming video and Blu-ray playback the PS4 is just fine though.

I have both consoles and I like both of them. For people focused on games first I would say the PS4 is the clear choice. It's cheaper and more powerful. Just about every third party game is 1080p on PS4 and limited to 720p on Xbox One. A PS+ subscription has a lot more value than an Xbox Live Gold subscription too.

Even with the Xbox One at $450 I would still pick the PS4 at $400 if I could only have one.

Last edited:
I'm sure both are fine but at $450 you get a game and Kinect which would actually put the one as cheaper if you went same for same.

For me I prefer the extras and Xbox exclusives more. 1080 vs 720 on games just hasn't meant much to me yet.

Sorry, lol, wasn't trying to start a which is better discussion. Haha.