Main Titanfall Thread

I'm sure both are fine but at $450 you get a game and Kinect which would actually put the one as cheaper if you went same for same.

For me I prefer the extras and Xbox exclusives more. 1080 vs 720 on games just hasn't meant much to me yet.

Sorry, lol, wasn't trying to start a which is better discussion. Haha.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

Agreed. It's not a huge difference but if games are your first focus and you know one is more powerful for gaming it makes sense to get that one. Resolution might not always be the difference. It might turn into smoother framerates later in the generation. Last round most games ran better on the 360 but it has flipped now.

Again, it's not a huge difference but it's still a difference. If I only had the Xbox One I would probably be perfectly happy playing my third party games on that system.

I don't like the PS4 controllers so Xbox wins

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Once again, members of the PCGMR will be able to enhance their experience even more with word that Nvidia and Respawn are going to implement Gameworks to add new graphics features. Although honestly I'm not sure why they didn't just use the Unreal engine to generate these high fidelity effects as opposed to having to heavily mod an engine that is 10 years old this year (Source). Then again, the team responsible for this game made the Modern Warfare series off of a heavily modified Quake 3 engine, so I guess it's all about retrofitting for the guys at Respawn.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/23/n...rks-support-for-titanfall/?ncid=rss_truncated

Something tells me it'll stay at that price until the 360 version is released (assuming it actually IS released.)

Makes me think Titanfall isn't moving as many consoles as they hoped it would. They wouldn't be shaving $110 ($50 off console plus $60 off Titanfall) off their revenue if they thought they would have solid sales at full price.

It's either that or these Titanfall bundles are doing very well and they are willing to take a hit now to drive the install base up as much as possible. It's no secret that the PS4 has been outselling the Xbox One by a pretty large margin. Maybe they are willing to give up current profits in order to catch up or pass the PS4 in install base and hope for good software revenue in the future.

I think once the One gets WWE Network that'll signal the big turnaround..

...Or maybe a price drop and some more games will do that too..

So it looks like the 360 version of Titanfall will be quite reduced graphically. No locked frame rate but they promise "Above 30fps." Still, as Engadget pointed out, the fact that there's NO screenshots, NO gameplay footage, and NO advance reviews can't help but make it seem as though this is going to be a really bad port..

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/04/titanfall-xbox-360-30-fps/

Thinking a about buying an Xbox One this weekend. Choices are Xbox One w/ Titanfall incl. or X1 w/ Tomb Raider.
Any suggestions?

I'd get the Titanfall bundle from Target. They are currently selling it for $450 and including a 12 month Xbox Live Gold subscription. You get the console for $50 less than I paid for it plus a game that still costs $60 and Live that has a $60 base price. I don't think you will see any offers better than that for a long time.

http://www.target.com/p/xbox-one-co.../A-15220458#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=xbox one

Edit: For about the same price as I paid for the console alone you can get the console, Titanfall, 12 months of gold, and pick up a copy of Tomb Raider. Not too shabby.

Here is an actual gameplay video of the 360 version. I think it makes the 360 version look worse than the graphical comparison IGN did. Keep in mind that Titanfall is one of the least graphically impressive games I have played on PS4/Xbox One so far. It's not going to look great on any platform but Xbox One/PC is obviously a big leap forward from the 360 version. There is lots of pop-in and the ground textures don't even seem to exist. The difference is most noticeable when he's in a Titan. Make sure to change the settings up to 720p if you watch this video.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there is some swearing in this video. Hopefully I didn't get anyone in trouble who might be playing this at work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it helps that the video is overly compressed, even on 720p, since it came from a live feed. Besides, if you're playing the 360 version of the game, clearly graphic fidelity isn't a major sticking point for you.

A new "ebook" has been released called "Titanfall - The Final Hours" which is basically a book written about the development of the game and has a bunch of concept art as well as never before seen videos of the game. It's only $1.99, but what I find most amusing is that this is available on Steam (as well as Origin, but the Steam thing makes it funnier.)

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/292060/
Origin: https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/...-download/base-game/standard-edition-ANW.html

FYI: Titanfall is $36.99 at Amazon. Today only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)