NBA 2011-2012 Season

rey_1178 said:
Yeah I saw that. Yuck! I already had a headache before the game :/

They were down 19 and they have gotten down to 10 3 times...but they just cant seem to get over the hump. If they can get it down to single digits to start the 4th qtr, they will be in striking distance.

The Celtics beat the "team without a heart" by nineteen and even led by twenty-nine before bringing in a bunch of guys that no one had ever heard of.

One down, but their next six opponents are San Antonio, Chicago, Indiana, Philadelphia, with those first four games being played in five days, followed by games against Miami and Atlanta. The Celtics will be playing an incredible 11 games in 15 days, and without Pitreous.

The Celtics resilience is remarkable. A week or so ago, they faced an absolutely brutal last 15 games in which they were to be the obvious underdogs in at least eight, but so far, they have upset Miami and Indiana and are no longer going to be underdogs against the fast fading Orlando Magic and New York Knicks, especially with those teams having lost Turkoglu and Stoudemire.

The Celts have now wised up and are bringing Ray Allen off the bench, which is a smart move because he was having some games in which he played over thirty minutes but took fewer than ten shots. Now, when he comes in, it will more often be "his turn" to shoot, which is the role he has to have to be of maximum value.

I don't know what the all-time record is for most games in which a playoff-bound team got outrebounded, but they will likely set it this year... even with a 66 game season!

Doc Rivers has concocted defensive schemes that work against everyone but Chicago and Oklahoma City. Unfortunately, there is no way that the Celtics can avoid Chicago in the second round, so unless Steimsma somehow plays the series of his brief career against Noah and Chcago, that is where the Celtics season will end.

That a strange situation with Lamar Odom and the Dallas Mavs:

"The Mavericks and I have mutually agreed that it's in the best interest of both parties for me to step away from the team," Odom said in a statement to ESPN.com. "I'm sorry that things didn't work out better for both of us, but I wish the Mavs' organization, my teammates and Dallas fans nothing but continued success in the defense of their championship." [...]

Sources said Monday that Odom's departure will be immediate and that the Mavericks intend to simply list him as inactive for the rest of the season instead of outright releasing him, leaving open the possibility that they could still trade him after the season in conjunction with the draft. Any team that has Odom on its roster as of June 29 must buy him out by that date for $2.4 million or otherwise accept responsibility for the full $8.2 million that Odom is scheduled to earn in 2012-13.

Lamar Odom leaves Dallas Mavericks after rocky, disappointing season | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports

Jon Berry is an a$$ clown. This guy has this thing about "you gotta send a messege" to the Celtics that you can beat them.

Last year the Bulls, Celtics and the Magic were a combined 8-3 against the Heat. Come playoff time, the Heat won series 4-1, 4-1 and the Magic were eliminated in the 2nd round.

rey_1178 said:
I really hope these last two weeks don't really mean anything ........

To me, tonight has been about coaching. The defensive rotations have been horrible. Spolestra has not been able make defensive adjustments at all and the smart Celtics have taken advantage. Miami is shooting 52%...where is the defense?

...Last year the Bulls, Celtics and the Magic were a combined 8-3 against the Heat. Come playoff time, the Heat won series 4-1, 4-1 and the Magic were eliminated in the 2nd round.

Last year, the Celtics had Shaq and Marquis Daniels when they beat them in the regular season, but they were both out for the season when the playoffs arrived. This year, the Celtics are beating the Heat without Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Wilcox and Petreous.

After Sunday's blowout win over the Sixers, Doug Collins was fawning all over the Celtics, calling them a "very dangerous" team in the playoffs.

I still think they're a "one and done" (series) playoff team, but there's no denying that the C's are playing- by far- their best ball of the season.

salsadancer7 said:
Jon Berry is an a$$ clown. This guy has this thing about "you gotta send a messege" to the Celtics that you can beat them.

Last year the Bulls, Celtics and the Magic were a combined 8-3 against the Heat. Come playoff time, the Heat won series 4-1, 4-1 and the Magic were eliminated in the 2nd round.

You know that series with the Celtics would of gone longer if Rondo doesn't "get hurt".

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

BillD1984 said:
After Sunday's blowout win over the Sixers, Doug Collins was fawning all over the Celtics, calling them a "very dangerous" team in the playoffs.

I still think they're a "one and done" (series) playoff team, but there's no denying that the C's are playing- by far- their best ball of the season.

KG has been a possessed player since the all-star break.

I don't see why they can't beat the Bulls in the conference semi's.

KG has been a possessed player since the all-star break.

I don't see why they can't beat the Bulls in the conference semi's.

I just think with Noah, Boozer, Deng and Gibson, the Bulls have too many answers for the C's in the frontcourt.

You know that series with the Celtics would of gone longer if Rondo doesn't "get hurt".

lmao you keep thinking that was on purpose hart. besides,he played just fine even with the injury. the heat for once dominated your celtics but it wouldn't surprise me if it was the other way around this postseason. i've lost confidence in the Heat. its hard for me to believe you can suddenly turn it on again for the playoffs. lebron has been very consistent but i can't say the same about anyone else. even wade....

The Celtics, playing without Ray Allen but with Mickael Pietrus, beat the Hawks in OT and now lead Philadelphia by three games with eight games remaining in the supposedly important race for the Atlantic Division crown.. Philadelphia holds the tie breaker, having beaten the Celtics two out of three.

A couple of weeks ago, much was being made over how unjust it would be to have the lowly Atlantic Division champ be given a four seed when their record warranted being seeded sixth, but not only do the Celtics now have the fourth best record in the conference, does anyone fear Atlanta, Indiana or Orlando? For any one of the six also-rans to win the conference, they will have to beat Chicago, Miami and one other team, and since there is no discernible talent difference between any of the "middle four" (3-6) teams in the East. it really doesn't matter who plays whom among them in the first round.

If the Celtics win it all this year, Doc Rivers gets my vote as the greatest coach of all time.

Last edited:
The diference was the bench...Bulls bench 44 points...Heat bench 8. Nothing you can say there, the Heat starters dominated the Bulls starters and the bench could not do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)