New Rumor!

Drone35

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
Amarillo,TX
I was at Sears today looking at the New Sony 60" sxbr, its bad a**, anyways Sears is a retailer for Dish and I was talking to one of the Salesman and he said that one of Dish's sales reps had told them that by March 06' that 70% of Dish programming would be HD! Now how's that for a new rumor!! But with all the knowledge from SatelliteGuys forum I just kinda laughed and said, and you believed him! Anyways its food for thought! :cool:

Let's see... how many SD chanels they would have to remove to make it 30%? :D

I was browsing in a Sears this Spring, about two weeks after VOOM went belly up. They still had the signs up for VOOM and still insisted it was in business. And we all knew VOOM was going down weeks before it did.

Did you rush over to Best Buy to confirm the rumor? :)

Drone35 said:
I was at Sears today looking at the New Sony 60" sxbr, its bad a**, anyways Sears is a retailer for Dish and I was talking to one of the Salesman and he said that one of Dish's sales reps had told them that by March 06' that 70% of Dish programming would be HD! Now how's that for a new rumor!! But with all the knowledge from SatelliteGuys forum I just kinda laughed and said, and you believed him! Anyways its food for thought! :cool:

Now THAT made me laugh! Thanks for relaying..I'm going to hang out at Sears and see how much MORE I can learn. :D

Drone35 said:
I came home with one of those SXBR's Sunday from Best Buy. It sure looks great. I got the 60" and 500.00 stand and 4 year warranty for less than the list price.I hope it was a good deal.

It just makes you wonder. Where do these people get this Bullsh!t news from. I mean, is someone that retarded to assume it or do they just get the whole story ass backwards.

Well a lot of times there are alterior motives for these rumours. When I worked for Safeway in the 80's , the Budweiser vendor would come in and tell me the latest rumours about Corona beer; That the Mexicans who made it , pissed in the beer so we Gringos would drink it and never know the difference.

Now at the time Corona was the yuppie drink you had at upscale bars at the Hilton with a bit of lime or lemon . Everyone drank it to look COOL. Within a few weeks of this rumour starting ,I actually started to hear it being told to me at clubs I would go to for dancing /drinking. Suddenly the Corona sales dropped at the store and their facings went from 4 to 1 . Budweiser sales went up. Funny huh? That one rumour destroyed the Corona business in my area. Whether it was true or not , everyone started to believe it.

Maybe the alterior motive at Sears is to sell as many hd tvs they can and use Dish as the incentive to do so. If they work on commission like the beer vendors , I can see why they started this rumour.

Take it from an ex-VOOM. You want to be happy and enjoy your life? Then forget about getting any new HD channels.

VOOM had the most agressive HD program this planet has ever seen but us VOOMers were never satisified. Whenever we got a new channel we always wanted to know when the next channel would get to us. Life is just to short to always be living in the future.

If Dish adds any new HD channels next year (don't expect more than one or two and maybe the remaining 21 VOOM channels) I'll enjoy them. But if they don't, I can live with what I've got.

Tom Bombadil said:
I was browsing in a Sears this Spring, about two weeks after VOOM went belly up. They still had the signs up for VOOM and still insisted it was in business. And we all knew VOOM was going down weeks before it did.

No, I did'nt go to Best Buy, instead came home and posted here, this is where its at!

Tom Bombadil said:

LOL Bestbuy doesnt carry neither VOOM or Dishnetwork products :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)