NHL 2011-12 Season

The GREAT news: EVERY playoff game will be nationally televised this year on either NBC, NBC Sports Network, NHL Network or CNBC. This means four games a night for the opening round. :)

The BAD news: my Bruins will be watching on TV after the first round. :(

Too bad the Bruins can't play Toronto every night. The B's completed a season sweep with an 8-0 rout of the Leafs last night.

The Bruins went 6-0-0 against the Leafs, outscoring them 38-10.

BTW, who here DIDN'T have this bad boy in the '60s/'70s... :)

41KMpDrcYGL__SS400_.jpg

Speaking of the Original Six, those teams have been on quite a roll recently.

The Red Wings success speaks for itself, the Blackhawks and Bruins have both ended long Stanley Cup droughts the last two years, and the Rangers look poised to make their own run for Lord Stanley's Cup this spring. I guess we have to look out for the Canadiens and Maple Leafs the next few years.

Speaking of the Original Six, those teams have been on quite a roll recently.

The Red Wings success speaks for itself, the Blackhawks and Bruins have both ended long Stanley Cup droughts the last two years, and the Rangers look poised to make their own run for Lord Stanley's Cup this spring. I guess we have to look out for the Canadiens and Maple Leafs the next few years.

As much as I didn't like the Maple Leafs when I was younger (nasty rivalry for years with the Red Wings), I would certainly like to see them and Montreal return to top form.

BTW, who here DIDN'T have this bad boy in the '60s/'70s... :)

View attachment 75542

We even had those down in hockey-free Louisiana! One year my friends and I put together a little league. I had the Bruins and the Sabres. We could switch the players with ones that had the actual team colors and logos. I think my Sabres finished second and my Bruins finished 4th. I had a wicked push and twist shot. :D

I had a few, I also have the version with the bubble on it.
We quit using it as we couldn't find anywhere to get replacement parts.

Been sitting in the basement for about 10 years now.

If you want to get rid of it to free up some space please let me know. I would buy it from you and drive the 2 hours to come and pick it up.

If you want to get rid of it to free up some space please let me know. I would buy it from you and drive the 2 hours to come and pick it up.

Really ?

I'll check with the household that it currently is in, doesn't get used anymore.

Your right, pretty much taking up space ....

Really ?

I'll check with the household that it currently is in, doesn't get used anymore.

Your right, pretty much taking up space ....

If it is the one that I am thinking of then yes. Of course it would depend on the price tag that is put on it.

If it is the one that I am thinking of then yes. Of course it would depend on the price tag that is put on it.

I'll give you a bit of the details that I can think of, it's the one that sits on it's own legs, probably 3ft legs, the cabinet is about maybe 10" I'm thinking and the bubble over top of it, the scoreboard is in the dome and uses a few AA batteries if I remember correctly.

Updated Estimate Cost of Sports Programming on Pay TV

Didn't take Ozzie Guillen long to upset ALL of the Miami Cuban community!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts