NHL 2011-12 Season

Blue Jackets locked up last place in the league today. Now it is time for them to lose the #1 pick in the draft. I really don't like that if you finish dead last you only have a 48.2% chance at obtaining the #1 pick.

Blue Jackets locked up last place in the league today. Now it is time for them to lose the #1 pick in the draft. I really don't like that if you finish dead last you only have a 48.2% chance at obtaining the #1 pick.

Really ?
I didn't know that, I guess I never follow the NHL draft as you really never know anyone or if you'll see them soon.

Unlike the NFL draft.

Really ?
I didn't know that, I guess I never follow the NHL draft as you really never know anyone or if you'll see them soon.

Unlike the NFL draft.

Finishing last only guarantees the 1st or 2nd pick.

Its at least better than the NBA where you could get the 7th? pick for finishing last.

Another beating about to start for the Jackets tonight but this time it is on national TV.

Here is a good photo of the new Blue Jacket on the ice for pre game warmup. You Red Wing - UofM fans will love seeing this on the ice in Columbus.

He drove down from Ann Arbor today in a 1997 pickup that his buddy said most likely wouldn't make it to Columbus without breaking down.

cc250a2e792911e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg

As tight a log jam that is the NHL West, and the prospects of an exciting Stanley Cup Finals, I cannot think of anything that will be more exciting than the NHL East playoffs. The Rangers are a powerhouse as are the Penguins and throw into the mix the Flyers and the Bruins and how much none of those teams like each other and POW! This is gonna be fun.

Jeez! The Penguins are back full strength (LeTang has returned) and they are beating the s%$t out of the Flyers in the 1st period!!!! WOW!

THEN the flyers came back and returned the favor.

I say it again...this NHL East playoff series is gonna be one for the ages!!!!

Last edited:
I was able to learn about a rule in the NHL that I was not aware of last night. The Blue Jackets were taking on the Blues and the Jackets were on a 5-3 power play. During the power play the Blues were called for slashing and a 2 minute Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty on the same player. I was not aware that that double minor would not start until the Blues killed off one of the penalties or the Jackets scored.

It was surprising how out of control the Blues were during that game. They seemed like they were on a mission to hurt one of the Jackets in the third period. They won't make it to far in the playoffs playing this way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)