OTA EPG Info Incorrect or Displaying 'Digital Service'

Chicago Area

Ion affiliate WCPX CH 38
38-01 - correct info. Remaining 4 just say digital service.
38-02 qubo
38-03 IonLife
38-04 IonShop
38-05 qvc

I really only slightly care because son likes Qubo. :)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys App

Reactions: foghorn2
Come on Dish lets correct the guide issues with CW and Fox Charlotte. Its coming on 2 weeks since the change. You can't set OTA timers with the guide the way it is.

Dish still has not fixed this issue and its been about 7 weeks now since the change. I've reported this twice through DIRT.

I wouldn't get any hopes up about anything changing in regards to this thread. We pretty well determined that this thread was pretty useless, which is why it's no longer a sticky.

Dish still has not fixed this issue and its been about 7 weeks now since the change. I've reported this twice through DIRT.

I have had decent results sending an email to dishquality@echostar.com concerning the OTA programming guide.Good Luck!

P.S. First it might be a good idea to see if your HDTV guide has the program's information from your digital OTA tuner,if not you would need to send an email to the station in question.Good Luck!.

I have had decent results sending an email to dishquality@echostar.com concerning the OTA programming guide.Good Luck!

P.S. First it might be a good idea to see if your HDTV guide has the program's information from your digital OTA tuner,if not you would need to send an email to the station in question.Good Luck!.

Thanks I just sent an email. This is not a station issue my TV sees everything correctly.

I have had more success dealing with guide data issues contacting "dishquality at echostar dot com" and explaining the issue. They took care of several issues including some sub-channel data for me in the past.

The guide data was correct before this transition took place about 7 weeks ago.
For existing channels, issues like that are usually sorted out through Tribune. When a station changes their network affiliation, their sub-channel's information (name, network, etc), good luck getting that changed, especially anything related to sub-channels.

It does take a while, but they usually get it taken care of. Any PQ or audio issues with locals, these are the people to contact. They are responsive and never just dismiss you as long as there is a legitimate issue.

Hall, the last time I e-mailed these guys was in February to check on a "clicking" issue on the DD soundtrack with CET Cincinnati. They had it taken care of within 4 days. Can't have clicking over Downton Abbey, you know. :D

I am in the Dallas/Ft. Worth market.

The OTA channel number is 13.2.

Call sign: KERA World

"Digital Service" in currently displayed on the EPG info.

Please correct at your earliest convenience:). Thanks!!

Keep in mind, people, that this thread and/or the dishquality email will only handle a few things: Local picture quality issues, and INCORRECT guide information, i.e. there is information, but it is wrong. They will NOT add information where it does not currently exist. So if it says "Digital Service" we are stuck.

Again, someone at Dish apparently decided that making OTA subchannels easy to record might lead some of us to reduce what we buy from Dish. So while leaving some some subchannels that already had info grandfathered, they stopped doing it for channels had hadn't provided it for.

Personally, I'd close this thread with encouragement to contact the dishquality email if there is a problem they are willing to fix.

No guide info for ABC or FOX here, which DISH has been in dispute with forever. I'm sure it's a conscious decision that dishquality won't help with.

No guide info for ABC or FOX here, which DISH has been in dispute with forever. I'm sure it's a conscious decision that dishquality won't help with.
No, they won't. In that case, Dish specifically removed or turned off that guide data. When the dispute is resolved, they'll turn it back on.

I had the same issue going on. I tried getting it corrected through DIRT, though they weren't able to get through to the correct people it seems (though I appreciate their time and effort they put toward it... it was more than I ever expected). I contacted that dishquality email, got a response yesterday... and today, it is fixed. After over a year of it being incorrect. Makes me so happy! I never thought anyone would get it fixed....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)