Palladia gone from Dish SD lineup, 158 replaced with a slate.

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
I was channel surfing on my TV and noticed something on 158 (Palladia- the channel that replaced Fuse on 158) and that was a Slate with this message.

Thanks for watching our Summer Extravaganza Free Previews in Dish Network. We Hope you enjoyed watching the following channels:

World Fishing Network
HD Net Movies
Palladia
MGM
Golf Channel
Epix
RetroPlex
IndiePlex

and more

Tune to Ch. 102 for more great Free Preview this fall.

And also the programming guide said this about 158

Important Message Press Info- Thanks for watching our Summer Extravaganza Free Previews on Dish Network. Tune to Ch. 102 for a list of Free Previews happening this Fall.

As we know, back in July, Dish removed Fuse (own by Cablevision's MSG) from there lineup and replaced it with Palladia (owned by Viacom's MTV Networks). but now on August 19th, it's gone from 158. Is this a omen that Fuse maybe returning to it's former Dish Network home. let's hope so.

Isn't Palladia HD still there? Wasn't the SD just a preview, never meant for the lowest tier?

Maybe we should expect SD channels to fade away completely, replaced by HD versions. That will simplify things for providers. And haven't we been posting how much we look forward to this process?

Do you not remember that when Palladia SD was placed on Fuse's old channel, Dish issued a press release announcing that they were "launching" Palladia?

Someone at Dish either has a very short memory or has a lack of ethics so bad that it should be cause for termination. Unfortunately I suspect that that person is Charlie.

Isn't Palladia HD still there? Wasn't the SD just a preview, never meant for the lowest tier?

Maybe we should expect SD channels to fade away completely, replaced by HD versions. That will simplify things for providers. And haven't we been posting how much we look forward to this process?

On Dish network's website Palladia SD is supposed to be in AT200 and above.;)

My uncle is going to be peeved when he comes back Saturday. He has no HDTV and watched Palladia a lot even though it was in SD. Another bonehead move from Dish Notwork. I swear everytime I see that Important Message Press Info on a channel I feel like smacking Charlie in the face.

My uncle is going to be peeved when he comes back Saturday. He has no HDTV and watched Palladia a lot even though it was in SD. Another bonehead move from Dish Notwork. I swear everytime I see that Important Message Press Info on a channel I feel like smacking Charlie in the face.

Get him an HD receiver and get HD Platinum. :)

I was channel surfing on my TV and noticed something on 158 (Palladia- the channel that replaced Fuse on 158) and that was a Slate with this message.

And also the programming guide said this about 158

As we know, back in July, Dish removed Fuse (own by Cablevision's MSG) from there lineup and replaced it with Palladia (owned by Viacom's MTV Networks). but now on August 19th, it's gone from 158. Is this a omen that Fuse maybe returning to it's former Dish Network home. let's hope so.

I'm hoping with you! :)

Palladia is an HD only channel anyway. Dish just downcenverted it and stuck it on 158 for the time being. That time is over.

Like I have said before, instead of "launching" Palladia in SD on channel 158, E* should have just launched a different music channel not on E* like CMT Pure Country, MTV Hits, MTV Jams, VH1 Soul, MTV U, etc. Maybe E* could have added that music channel that D* dropped (Artists and Fan Network which seems to now be either AMV: American Music Video Network or TCN: The Country Network) that country music fans seemed to love that played music 24/7.

As far as Fuse goes, I'd say it's probably highly suspicious that that message appears a day after AMC went HD on Dish. They seem to add channels from different ownership groups close to the same time, i.e. the Fox channels, Viacom, USA/SyFy, and so forth.

Maybe Charlie has turned the other cheek with regards to lawsuits. Maybe he has settle affairs behind closed doors and we might starting old channels return and NEW HD channels added, ex. AMC HD. Hopefully Scott G. can shed more light on this when he gets back from vacation.

Dish did announce that Palladia was replacing FUSE. Perhaps Viacom wanted more money for allowing it on Dish's SD packages. Or maybe FUSE is coming back. Remember when Dish announced and aired for several days the replacement for The Weather Channel; then quickly took down the replacement and restored TWC when an agreement had been reached? Could be.

They did the same thing with the "NFL Channel" when they put it in a lower tier and then announced the "Free view" was over

I don't remember them announcing that NFL was anything other than a preview.*

With Palladia on 158, they most definitely announced it as if it was a normal addition.

*Granted, Dish's announcements suck. They should have a message feature on every receiver to let subscribers know what's going on. The first receivers did have such a feature, but they never used it. When asked why not, the official answer was that they didn't want everyone calling in to ask why there was a light blinking on their receiver! Never mind that the purpose of the light was in the manual. Nowadays, there's no RAM embargo anymore, so there's no reason they shouldn't be able to put a popup message in the software somewhere since they no longer have the lights.

That's the problem with the economy being in the toilet -- nobody will stand up for what's right because there are too many other people to fill the job.