Question about American and International Channels

kobe2424

Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
Hi, thanks in advance for reading my post and trying to help. Well i live in Southern California (not sure if this matters), will be using the ClubDISH promo and am looking to be a new Dish customer.

I am thinking about getting the America's Top 120 package along with a 2 channel South Asian package (Sony, Zee TV). I was told that the first satellite/installation would be free with the 18 mo contract, which i am going to sign. but that the 2nd dish will cost $100. Is there no way around this fee?

Thanks again.

You could wait for the release of the Dish 500 Plus product. That single dish will allow reception of both English language and most foreign channels. Dish 500 Plus is behind schedual. The advantage to you is that Dish would treat that one Dish 500 Plus as a single install with no additional charges. Members, if that policy has changed, then please feel free to update us. No, I do not know exactly when the Dish 500 Plus will be available. You can do a search for the Dish 500 Plus to learn more.

DishSubLA said:
You could wait for the release of the Dish 500 Plus product. That single dish will allow reception of both English language and most foreign channels. Dish 500 Plus is behind schedual. The advantage to you is that Dish would treat that one Dish 500 Plus as a single install with no additional charges. Members, if that policy has changed, then please feel free to update us. No, I do not know exactly when the Dish 500 Plus will be available. You can do a search for the Dish 500 Plus to learn more.
Good answer..Now for the rub..MAny international serices have not yet been moved to 118.7....
We have no more SD 121's nor are we getting anymore....We have installed D-1000 plus antennas but a just a few..We have no D-5 pluses right now....

Great info dishcomm. I know that the Greeks are available at 148, but not 118.7. I have a cousin just dying to switch to Dish, but she does not want the Superdish they are trying to force on her. She is waiting for the Dish 500 Plus arrivals. What do you know to be the latest date for Dish 500 Plus availability? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)