Questions about The Hopper?

When the new hopper software comes out, will the max number of timers be the same in a two hopper system as a one hopper system ?

I seen a post here that when you select a recording it checks to see if you subscribe to that channel. Does that mean that if you record a preview program and when the preview is over can you watch the recording?

I seen a post here that when you select a recording it checks to see if you subscribe to that channel. Does that mean that if you record a preview program and when the preview is over can you watch the recording?

I have had no issues watching recordings from HBO free preview weekend on the new Hopper, and I do not subscribe to HBO currently.

I'm sure I've asked this before, and been answered, but I can't remember and I can't find it. Can you set manual timers on the Hopper, like the 722? I seem to recall something about Dish Online, but not sure. My wife watches a chunk of Globo TV, and that channel isn't very consistent with start/end times.

goresnet said:
I'm sure I've asked this before, and been answered, but I can't remember and I can't find it. Can you set manual timers on the Hopper, like the 722? I seem to recall something about Dish Online, but not sure. My wife watches a chunk of Globo TV, and that channel isn't very consistent with start/end times.

Just like the 922, you can't set manual timers.

I have no personal experience but according to the manual it looks like you can.

It says to go to Timer options then Set Channel. I would assume that when you select a channel it then lets you set beginning/end times. I would like to see someone try this.

GravelChan said:
I have no personal experience but according to the manual it looks like you can.

It says to go to Timer options then Set Channel. I would assume that when you select a channel it then lets you set beginning/end times. I would like to see someone try this.

This cannot be done. I'm sitting here trying right now. The only way to set timers from the receiver are to select a show from the guide and begin the timer process or to perform a search and create a seek and record timer. The manual has a ton of inaccuracies. There are many images an references that they seemed to have borrowed from the earlier ViP receivers that the Hopper and the 922 don't offer. I've tried your suggestion and none of those options are available. When you edit an existing timer you can't change the channel or times.

I believe it was posted long ago that manual timers may be a future attraction.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but it's a tough task to read through almost 100 pages of posts (just in this topic) and digest all of it. I'm not particularly interested in PTAT. Between my wife and I, we watch two prime time series a week. I'm pretty sure the third tuner is dedicated to PTAT during prime time. What happens with it outside of prime time? Can it be used to record other programs on non-big 4 network channels? If so, then outside of prime time the Hopper really would have 3 useful tuners.

thanks.

joe.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but it's a tough task to read through almost 100 pages of posts (just in this topic) and digest all of it. I'm not particularly interested in PTAT. Between my wife and I, we watch two prime time series a week. I'm pretty sure the third tuner is dedicated to PTAT during prime time. What happens with it outside of prime time? Can it be used to record other programs on non-big 4 network channels? If so, then outside of prime time the Hopper really would have 3 useful tuners.

thanks.

joe.

Yes it has three usable tuners during non-PTAT. However, if you only have those few shows, you can simply disable the PTAT altogether and just set your timers for those few shows you watch during PTAT hours. That way you don't give up the third tuner on days you would not benefit from the PTAT recordings.

dustinw82 said:

Not true, you can set a manual timer by dish online or DRA. You just can't at the 922 itself.

I just tried to set a manual timer from my iPhone and I got an time out error so it wouldn't go through? So I'm not sure if it will from DRA, haven't tried dish online.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

This cannot be done. I'm sitting here trying right now. The only way to set timers from the receiver are to select a show from the guide and begin the timer process or to perform a search and create a seek and record timer. The manual has a ton of inaccuracies. There are many images an references that they seemed to have borrowed from the earlier ViP receivers that the Hopper and the 922 don't offer. I've tried your suggestion and none of those options are available. When you edit an existing timer you can't change the channel or times.

Shucks, I was hoping that worked. I guess we will just have to wait and see if they do add it.

Wireless Joeys

Any new info how to make a Joey wireless? I have a living room without a cable drop and I dont want to put one in (asthetics). I am going to upgrade my wifi in the house with a high end ASUS router or I might get some of the NetGear wifi equipment that I have seen at Costco to make a TV wireless. Would like to go wireless in the master bedroom also as the cable drop there is opposite where the TV should idealy be.

Uther Pendragon said:
Any new info how to make a Joey wireless? I have a living room without a cable drop and I dont want to put one in (asthetics). I am going to upgrade my wifi in the house with a high end ASUS router or I might get some of the NetGear wifi equipment that I have seen at Costco to make a TV wireless. Would like to go wireless in the master bedroom also as the cable drop there is opposite where the TV should idealy be.

Best Buy sells a wireless HDMI transmitter.

Not true, you can set a manual timer by dish online or DRA. You just can't at the 922 itself.

I just tried to set a manual timer from my iPhone and I got an time out error so it wouldn't go through? So I'm not sure if it will from DRA, haven't tried dish online.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Would someone mind trying to set up a manual timer with dish online? Thanks. Also, can those be recurring when set online? My wife takes a 6 hour block every night except Sunday. We have a Mon-Fri manual timer and a Saturday night timer.

What are you techs doing with your RAs on upgrades? Normally when I do an upgrade, I put the old receiver into the box that the new receiver came in, and process it. With the Hopper, I'm finding that this option is no longer feasible. Has anyone found a way to fit 2 722s into a Hopper box yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts