Questions about The Hopper?

No is hasn't. It's the same as the 922. I have the Hopper side by side with a 722k in our show room. Really no differnce. It's the HD munus and guides that make it looks so much sharper.

I'm using a Peerless HDS100 on one of my Hoppers and it works great.

No is hasn't. It's the same as the 922. I have the Hopper side by side with a 722k in our show room. Really no differnce. It's the HD munus and guides that make it looks so much sharper.

Gotta ask - did you try the skip back function? Does it work better than on the ViP722s and other ViPs?

Yes it has three usable tuners during non-PTAT. However, if you only have those few shows, you can simply disable the PTAT altogether and just set your timers for those few shows you watch during PTAT hours. That way you don't give up the third tuner on days you would not benefit from the PTAT recordings.

That's good news and thanks for letting me know. If I disable PTAT, I then get 6 tuners to use for whatever I want. I think I read that normally the HD is partitioned to use 1TB for PTAT and one for the other tuners. If PTAT is disabled, does the full 2TB become available for "my" recordings? I'm still trying to figure out whether to try to upgrade my DirecTV system to the HR-34 or switch to a Dish/2 Hopper/2 Joey setup. (It's a trade off: DirecTV has GOL TV, but Dish has the Grateful Dead channel on Sirius. :))

thanks.

joe.

That's good news and thanks for letting me know. If I disable PTAT, I then get 6 tuners to use for whatever I want. I think I read that normally the HD is partitioned to use 1TB for PTAT and one for the other tuners. If PTAT is disabled, does the full 2TB become available for "my" recordings? I'm still trying to figure out whether to try to upgrade my DirecTV system to the HR-34 or switch to a Dish/2 Hopper/2 Joey setup. (It's a trade off: DirecTV has GOL TV, but Dish has the Grateful Dead channel on Sirius. :))

thanks.

joe.

No, if you disable PTAT you will have 3 tuners. The Hopper only has 3 tuners. ( I am assuming only one Hopper.) Also if you disable the PTAT you still only have 1TB. Dish keeps the other half no matter whether PTAT is disable or not

No, if you disable PTAT you will have 3 tuners. The Hopper only has 3 tuners. ( I am assuming only one Hopper.) Also if you disable the PTAT you still only have 1TB. Dish keeps the other half no matter whether PTAT is disable or not

If I go with Dish, I'll get a 2 Hopper system, and 2 Joeys. Shame about the other 1TB, but it's still a massive upgrade from the 200GB or so that I have on each of my current pair of DVRs.

joe.

What are you techs doing with your RAs on upgrades? Normally when I do an upgrade, I put the old receiver into the box that the new receiver came in, and process it. With the Hopper, I'm finding that this option is no longer feasible. Has anyone found a way to fit 2 722s into a Hopper box yet?

LOL funny. We can just use a box from another customer and fill out an RA form and let the office lady deal with it =D

Can someone please tell me if they have closed captioning working on their hopper? I turned it on with defaults and it is not working. Please let me know! Otherwise, this is a great system!

Can someone please tell me if they have closed captioning working on their hopper? I turned it on with defaults and it is not working. Please let me know! Otherwise, this is a great system!

Working for me.

I was wondering why I can't pause all 3 tuners so I can watch 3 live shows and skip commercials when the buffer fills up. I can pause 2 but when I try the 3rd it says "must be live". I guess I can record them than switch around but than I would need to clean it all up (delete them).

I have a question regarding hopper fees and upgrades.:

Currently I have 3 TVs.. 2 HDTVs and 1 SDTVs. One Vip722k and One Vip211k receiver. Paying $6 DVR + $7 (2nd HD receiver), subbing to AT250. Been with Dish for only since Oct 8th, 2011

How much more or less will I have to pay if I upgrade to hopper deal?
Thanks!

Oh dear... I just saw the back panel of the Hopper and Joey.. I see no where I can connect my OTA cable from my Antenna for my locals sub channels.

Does that mean I cannot upgrade to the Hopper yet? I am currently using 722k with OTA module.

Oh dear... I just saw the back panel of the Hopper and Joey.. I see no where I can connect my OTA cable from my Antenna for my locals sub channels.

Does that mean I cannot upgrade to the Hopper yet? I am currently using 722k with OTA module.

If OTA is a must for you, then yes, you need to wait. OTA support supposed to be in work. No confirmed date though.

If OTA is a must for you, then yes, you need to wait. OTA support supposed to be in work. No confirmed date though.

Thanks.. didn't realize the hopper doesn't support OTA yet.

Anyway, I am just reading up on this.. just wondering if the Joeys are able to connect via Ethernet only?
I have a room that doesn't have any Coax cable but it has a Ethernet CAT5 run from the living room. Right now, the only way to watch TV is through a computer+monitor via Ethernet only via SlingAdapter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts