Questions about the new XiP Receivers?

Can the internet be connected to either the 813 or the 110 client? The way my house is wired, I have a bridge near my TV (where the 110 would be), but not where my coax splits to all of the room outlets.
If I remember correctly the answer to that is yes.

Knowing Echostar(which makes the receivers and software for them) they have one or two engineers PERIOD working at the company. It would explain why it takes so long to fix anything Echostar makes. After all this is Charlie Ergen we are talking about, and he isn't known for spending money recklessly. Having multiple people working on various receivers, systems, and new tech concepts , would simply not be necessary in Charlie's world.:rolleyes:

There are a lot more then 1 or 2 people working on the 922 / Hopper boxes. :)
Of course there are ... that's just the engineer and programer (#'s 1 & 2) ... then there's 3 or 4 marketers, 10 or 12 managers, and when all's said and done ... probably 100 to 120 total "working" on the 922.. but still just two technical people. ;) :)

Of course there are ... that's just the engineer and programer (#'s 1 & 2) ... then there's 3 or 4 marketers, 10 or 12 managers, and when all's said and done ... probably 100 to 120 total "working" on the 922.. but still just two technical people. ;) :)
I'm sure they have more than 2 engineers. But, the vast majority of them are in Noida, Bangalore, and/or Shenzhen.

I have a lot of respect for Scott. I think he is dead wrong on this one. They can demo it to him to the cows come home. Direct is going to get out first with this and move fast. They have come a long way.

Echostar & Dish, while a decent company are about to get passed up on the tech side. I don't care what they showed Scott. They showed him a working 922 a long time ago. We see where that went. They showed him the great TV2 Sling adapter... We see what happened with that. Anyone can demo a product to someone. They are NOT going to get XIP out of the door in good shape before Direct is doing this right.

BTW, I AM A DISH SUBSCRIBER. It just ain't gonna happen. They have created an Apple like reality distortion field around Scott... LOL.

One or two technical people who spend all day in meetings with the 12 project "managers" and then have to work at night / weekends to get any real work done. :)

Would of been perfect for another hd tv in my house IF they had used the sling adapter as well as the Pro hd and solo sling. So of COURSE they don't enable it. No sling extender and now no sling for my other tv. DISH is batting a thousand here.:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts