Questions about the new XiP Receivers?

Just checked and my current commitment runs through May, so I guess I'll be waiting at least until then before switching to DirecTV. Gives me hope this will actually be out by the time I have to make my decision.

I just hope that they are reasonable about the fees. I would be happy to rewire my house to handle the XIP line (I kind of already have it ready with 2 cables to each TV, one for Dish and one for cable/antenna).

The more I think about it the more I think it may not be feasible for me. My coax feed comes into my garage attic, and splits to all of the different rooms from there. So unless this thing has an operating temp range from about 0F-120F, I'd have to do some tricky cabling to make things work.

The more I think about it the more I think it may not be feasible for me. My coax feed comes into my garage attic, and splits to all of the different rooms from there. So unless this thing has an operating temp range from about 0F-120F, I'd have to do some tricky cabling to make things work.

Wiring should be much easier for the XiP series since the thin clients will use standard cable splitters and RG-6 or RG-59 cable (as per Team Summit).

Maybe they will keep the price reasonable at first then jack the prices up later on like they did with the dual tuner satellite receivers.

I just hope that they are reasonable about the fees. I would be happy to rewire my house to handle the XIP line (I kind of already have it ready with 2 cables to each TV, one for Dish and one for cable/antenna).

When I rewired my house 4 years ago with a wiring closet, I ran 3 Coax (RG6-Quad/Homeruns) to each TV location. In addition to that, there are 2 Cat 5 jacks at each location. I wanted that to be my last work in the attic. No barrels or anything. All direct connects. It actually caused Comcast some trouble on my cable modem. It has 2 attenuators on the back of it because the signal is so hot.

True, but if I can't put the 813 where I'm already splitting the cable, then I need more cabling inside my walls than I have today. Say I locate the 813 in my living room, where the 722 is now. I use the (one) cable jack in that room to bring the feed in from the dish, and have no way to get the "output" signal routed to other rooms that have 110 units.

Hopefully we can "backfeed" the signal out to the 110s or otherwise I'd have to put the 813 in my attic...

If I remember the original setup diagrams correctly the feed to the 110's is on the same cable that brings the sat feed into the 813.

I am not expecting the XiP to be released at CES.

They have made a number of exciting changes to it based on your feedback here... however I can not give details yet as I was asked not to as they dont want to give away their competitive advantage and blow their big announcement at CES.

But I will say I think a lot of people will be excited about what they announce. :D

If I remember the original setup diagrams correctly the feed to the 110's is on the same cable that brings the sat feed into the 813.

i think it's the xip solo or duo device that brings it all together with sat inputs feeding the 813 and the moca bridging to the 110 clients.

regards,

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

They have made a number of exciting changes to it based on your feedback here... however I can not give details yet as I was asked not to as they dont want to give away their competitive advantage and blow their big announcement at CES.

But I will say I think a lot of people will be excited about what they announce. :D

Nice to know that they're actually reading our opinions. Can't wait for CES!

Super. Another product demo/announcement without the product actually being available? Meanwhile D* keeps signing up subs for their whole home DVR solutions that actually exist. Deja Vu. You have to actually compete for a competitive advantage to exist.

If they can make some improvements to the product then maybe it is worth waiting a little longer for it. I wonder if they can release the product and prove upon it while the product is released?

Meanwhile D* keeps signing up subs for their whole home DVR solutions that actually exist. Deja Vu. You have to actually compete for a competitive advantage to exist.
If the DIRECTV solutions were what they were described to be, this might be a valid argument. As it is, a DVR that can serve two TVs is something that dish has been doing for many years.

With respect to DIRECTV's product that works like the XiP line (HR34), DIRECTV (nor anyone else) doesn't offer clients for it so that's not really existing is it?

Ah, that would solve things nicely.

Diagrams in the early part of this thread?

Ah, that would solve things nicely.

Found a diagram that shows the devices that handles the backfeed from the 813 and sends it out to other devices.

So begins the delays... +1 Cditty...

They better get something out quickly. The competition is really passing them on equipment, and that is supposed to be E*'s strong suite. The failure of the 922 really hurt them. I remember a lot of excitement for that receiver on these forums, and they really laid an egg with it.
I for one am looking into D* for the whole home DVR. The programming seems a bit more expensive, but I will more than make up for it on Dish's receiver fee's, and the fact that I will have HD on 4 T.V.'s, instead of an SD feed from the 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts