Questions For Dish Network

Here’s one that I know is near and dear to Scott…

Ask Charlie what his marketing/pr minions were smoking the day they dreamed up the ridiculous new names for all the receivers.

Question: How do they justify that they will get XXX amount of HD by a certain date and then have that date lapse without actually having the number they advertised...

ESPNU and RSN's

When will ESPNU be available in HD and when will the RSN's be in HD 24/7?

Question: How do they justify that they will get XXX amount of HD by a certain date and then have that date lapse without actually having the number they advertised...

If you watched the last Charlie Chat, he said " because the launch date for Ciel-2 slipped a month ".

All indications are for new HD around February 1st (and I'm sure there will be more on that at CES).

When is Dish Network going to FINALLY fix the "audio dropout" issues happening with VIP622/722 boxes with local channels like ABC and Fox? Some people are getting "audio dropout" issue with NBC and CBS now! :mad:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=149253

When can I get this L6.16 software update? I live in the Raleigh/Wake Forest, NC area. I especially get the "audio dropout" issue with ABC and Fox when I playback pre-recorded programs from the DVR.

Why would these problems be occuring only on TWO channels? Is the problem with my VIP722 HD receiver or is it the local ABC and Fox affiliates and their equipment? Problem with upgrading their equipment or what? I can playback pre-recorded programs from the DVR of ALL other channels except for ABC and Fox. There's nothing wrong with the wiring in my house or my HDMI cables or my Onkyo SR604 audio receiver! The technicians who have come out to the house are blaming the problem on my audio equipment.

We've replaced 2 VIP622 boxes and just got a new VIP722 box! Still I have the "audio dropout" issues with ABC and Fox. Anyway, people on the internet with the VIP722 are saying that this L6.16 update might fix the audio dropouts? I would at least like to be able to TRY the L6.16 software .... IF I could manage to get it onto my VIP722 box.

1. When is more National HD coming (please stop counting PPVs in the count - I'm talking 24/7 channels that we can subscribe to)

2. When is DishONLINE going to be improved to separate content into folders or given better indexing functions (scrolling one page at a time takes forever ESPECIALLY when you insist on takling us back to square one when we select a show to download)

3. Why aren't you providing free network/pay TV content like Comcast? If we subscribe to Showtime, we should be able to dowlonad Showtime VOD for free with our subscriptions.

4. Please change the My Media (external hard drive) functionality so that when we finish watching a show or checking out a program, it doesn't take us back to square one again... Trying to find a specific episode in a batch of recordings is maddening.

Thanks!

When is Dish Network going to FINALLY fix the "audio dropout" issues happening with VIP622/722 boxes with local channels like ABC and Fox? Some people are getting "audio dropout" issue with NBC and CBS now! :mad:

ViP622/ViP722 - L6.16 Software Experiences/Bugs Discussion - DBSTalk.Com

When can I get this L6.16 software update? I live in the Raleigh/Wake Forest, NC area. I especially get the "audio dropout" issue with ABC and Fox when I playback pre-recorded programs from the DVR.

Why would these problems be occuring only on TWO channels? Is the problem with my VIP722 HD receiver or is it the local ABC and Fox affiliates and their equipment? Problem with upgrading their equipment or what? I can playback pre-recorded programs from the DVR of ALL other channels except for ABC and Fox. There's nothing wrong with the wiring in my house or my HDMI cables or my Onkyo SR604 audio receiver! The technicians who have come out to the house are blaming the problem on my audio equipment.

We've replaced 2 VIP622 boxes and just got a new VIP722 box! Still I have the "audio dropout" issues with ABC and Fox. Anyway, people on the internet with the VIP722 are saying that this L6.16 update might fix the audio dropouts? I would at least like to be able to TRY the L6.16 software .... IF I could manage to get it onto my VIP722 box.

I believe ABC and Fox are both 720p while NBC and CBS are 1080i. Am I right?

As a former teacher and professor I agree that your choice in media determines how uninformed you are. I am hopeful that FoxNews HD will be added soon to add to the diversity of news at Dish.

1. When is more National HD coming (please stop counting PPVs in the count - I'm talking 24/7 channels that we can subscribe to)

2. When is DishONLINE going to be improved to separate content into folders or given better indexing functions (scrolling one page at a time takes forever ESPECIALLY when you insist on takling us back to square one when we select a show to download)

3. Why aren't you providing free network/pay TV content like Comcast? If we subscribe to Showtime, we should be able to dowlonad Showtime VOD for free with our subscriptions.

4. Please change the My Media (external hard drive) functionality so that when we finish watching a show or checking out a program, it doesn't take us back to square one again... Trying to find a specific episode in a batch of recordings is maddening.

Thanks!

+1 on these questions/issues!

Here are a few questions that I have.

1. I also would like to know when we are going to get free VOD aka Comcast? This was one feature that I loved when I had Comcast that I really miss with Dish. Movies, TV shows, VOD shows, etc.. and catagorized. Since drive capacity maybe an issue, I'm hoping that DishOnline will someday be this but I'm not holding my breath.

2. Since DVD's come with multiple language audio and subtitle tracks, when will it be technically possible for us to see programming (movies and TV shows) that has the feature of switching language audio and/or language subtitle tracks so we can watch programming from other countries and be able to switch to the audio or subtitle of choice. I think this would be really great and would open up so much programming options.

Another question, will we ever be able to have customizable menu screens. Other DVR's have the capability to select various theme skins for their menu screen. This would be nice to have.

Ask the appropriate Programming person:

- Which "Fashion TV" will be in HD and when ?

Not because it is any more important than the other channels, but simply because the reference was more ambiguous... thanks !

As a former teacher and professor I agree that your choice in media determines how uninformed you are. I am hopeful that FoxNews HD will be added soon to add to the diversity of news at Dish.

Last I checked E* does have the FNC in SD. Are you saying people needs hot babes shown in 720p HD in order to be fully informed of the world affairs today?:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts