Second thoughts about DN: slimeballs

whicky1978

SatelliteGuys Guru
Oct 26, 2005
Clarksville, Tennessee
I had to personally call in and cancel the free promo for HBO, Showtime and cinamax channels! They were going to charge me automatically when it expired.. Those pricks. I made them take it off today! What makes them think they can do that! I never asked for any of those channels, and I assumed they were going to cancel automitically, but I found that was not so when I called about MSNBC and my packaging.

hehehe, wonder why you didnt ask them about having the premium channels when it showed up on your tv, its kinda like the ghost in family man when he's at the party store and gives the kid at the counter change from a $10 when it should have been change from a $1 just to see if the kid would be honest or cut and run.

TheDishNetworkInstaller said:
So does EVERY company that offers the stuff or similar promos.

Exactly. That's the point. It lets you sample it and, if you like, you do nothing. If you don't, you cancel it. I love when people complain about getting something for free.

Van said:
hehehe, wonder why you didnt ask them about having the premium channels when it showed up on your tv, its kinda like the ghost in family man when he's at the party store and gives the kid at the counter change from a $10 when it should have been change from a $1 just to see if the kid would be honest or cut and run.
I assumed since it was free for 3 months that I would have to sign up for it afte that. When I had cable, that's what happened. Every now and then HBO would be free, but it would go off the air after a certian period of time.

just said NO

Yah, when I first signed up, they tried to offer me a temporary free upgrade. I asked them what happens at the end of free period and they explained.

I then just said NO: no being charged extra at the end of free period if I forget to call, no watching a few extra channels out of 60 or 120 more that I was not interested in, no to 1 year contracts attached to some freebies because who knows what E* will be like in a few months.

Now if congress ever forces thru that ala carte onto cable and satellite providers, then I may say YES.

Let me get this straight, it is Dish's fault for you not reading the contract and asking questions about the free HBO thing? I say give it a try and sue them for it and see what they court tells ya! Typical give me-give me-give me, then what they hell are you charging me for that for syndrome! Sad, truly sad! Do you actually think that you would find sympathy for you here when most of the rest of us actually understands how things work and play by the rules? Sorry, Not here pal!

Dang! I actually agree with Slammin' :D

Me, I'm always up front with the promo and how it works. I NEVER add it to the initial work order. I ask the customer if they want it, and if they do, I tell them to put a reminder on their calendar, and then I order it up when I activate their boxes.

I can see the bitch if the installer didn't go over it with you - but chances are you ordered direct from E* so you deserve what you got. :D

whicky1978 said:
Why would anyone want movie channels when there are DVD's?

Ok, lets say that HBO shows 200 movies a month, cinemax shows 130, and showtime plays 300, plus each has special events coming to about 10 total, then theres the half hour and hour self produced series shows thats another 25 or so each month.

630 movies each month.
10 special events each month.
25 series each month.

630 movies on dvd translates into $13349.32 after tax at an average cost of $19.99 per movie and %6 sales tax.

10 special events at an average of $39.99 comes to $399.0 in pay per view costs

25 season one dvd collections at $49.99 after taz comes to 1698.75

So, would you be more inclined to spend $35 a month and not have to run to the local video store or do you like the idea of spending $15447.07 each month and supporting a small factory town in china thats making your dvd's?

Van said:
Ok, lets say that HBO shows 200 movies a month, cinemax shows 130, and showtime plays 300, plus each has special events coming to about 10 total, then theres the half hour and hour self produced series shows thats another 25 or so each month.

630 movies each month.
10 special events each month.
25 series each month.

630 movies on dvd translates into $13349.32 after tax at an average cost of $19.99 per movie and %6 sales tax.

10 special events at an average of $39.99 comes to $399.0 in pay per view costs

25 season one dvd collections at $49.99 after taz comes to 1698.75

So, would you be more inclined to spend $35 a month and not have to run to the local video store or do you like the idea of spending $15447.07 each month and supporting a small factory town in china thats making your dvd's?
Yeah, but who actually watches 630 movies? And they are the same movies over and over again.

I get my movies mailed to me thru blockbuster, and I can watch them when I want, plus I get all kinds of TV seaon DVD's like Xena and Enterprise, and the DVD quality is bette than the pixelation I see with the regular channels.

In TN, we pay 9.25% sales tax.

whicky, I agree with you. I bought a router and some wireless adaptors advertised for $30.00 off, dam thing was I was never told that I had to send in a rebate form and original reciept for it. Should have seen the look on my face when the salesman told me that. I will never do business with that company again. Simon your right. I myself send a card to my customers after two months to remind them that the Three free months will be expiring.

pocketdish 700e & dvr 522

voom ch back better than ever?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)