SES-3 FCC Approved -- SES-3 Goes Live June 7th 2015

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bpalone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
44N 105W
The FCC approved SES-3 for C and Ku band operation.

Someone posted a link to the paperwork on the FCC's site, so I assume that we will see a transition over the next few months. The weird skew will go away.

Here is quote from the document:

The application of SES Americom, Inc. (SES Americom) to operate the SES-3 satellite as a replacement
for the AMC-l satellite (Call Sign S2445) at the 103° W.L. orbital location, IBFS File No. SAT-RPL-
20121228-00227, as amended by TBFS File No. SAT-AMD-20131113-00132, IS GRANTED.1

It was approved yesterday, 4/2/15. I attached the PDF from the FCC website.

Attachments

• SES.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Ke4est and others, I edited my post and included the PDF from the FCC website.

Hope that clears it up. I wouldn't intentionally try to mislead.

Exactly, one can't predict the future but C-Band birds are still going up and there is nothing that will replace C-Band in every situation. So it's logical to think it will be around for some time to come.

Give SES Americom a call and voice your concern and tell them to save our c-band. If the FCC takes the spectrum for Cell companies, then they will. There are other options for content delivery than c-band. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and just go with flow, remember it's just TV!.

"Save our C-band" isn't about losing the band or not launching satellites. It is about the possibility of sharing the band with terrestrial services and the difficulties that hobbyist with "small" 8-10 dishes will have living near suburban areas. C-band will still be used for satellite distribution, but there will be potential technical challenges if they approve shared terrestrial/satellite usage.

This isn't an FCC ruling or decision, but rather an international committee that oversees spectrum usage and coordination.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts