So how many of you guys plan to boycott CBS on Sunday?...

So how many of you guys plan to boycott CBS on Sunday?

• I'll watch the Super Bowl and and continue to watch CBS afterwards.

Votes: 81 61.8%
  • I'll watch the Super Bowl and boycott CBS afterwards

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • I don't care for the Super Bowl or CBS and I'll boycott them both.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I don't care for the Super Bowl, but I'll still watch CBS regularly.

Votes: 21 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do have to admit, this Superbowl is like rooting between a turd sandwich and pee flavored slush. No matter how the NFL wants to hype it up, I couldn't care less about two brothers coaching against each other. "Wow! Who will win?" The one I couldn't give two ... about.

The only thing I care about is seeing the knife wheeling murdering, oh sorry, I mean steroid taking, oh crap did it again, I mean Raven's Ray Lewis lose. Other than watching that fake jackass end his crying spell, this is a game only appealing to fans of either franchise. By the way NFL, haven't you learned from OJ that when you kill someone, it doesn't matter how good you were at Football? He got off criminally too.

Even the talentless cookie cutter Beyonce performing the half time show makes me want to smash a bowling ball through my in-laws TV. Yes, I will be watching the game with them this year.

"Oh, will her husband Jay-Z make a surprise appearance?" I don't know, after all, a Superbowl between Baltimore and San Fransisco needs a halftime show with a surprise performance from a guy, who only makes it in his business by slapping his garbage rapping into other people's songs, rapping about New York. And, I always get called a racist for this, but the man looks like a monkey. NOT BECAUSE THE COLOR OF HIS SKIN! Because, his facial bone structure has that Neanderthal, monkey look to it. The color of his skin is meaningless to me. And yes, I have said that in my work (a classroom full of all Spanish and African-American teenagers). So I mean it when I say race has nothing to do with that comment.

So, a few beers for me+Beyonce's craptastic extravaganza = smashed TV for the in-laws.

To quote John Belushi in Animal House "Sorry."

Last edited:
This is a non-factor to me. I don't watch a lot of CBS but that has nothing to do with CNET and we are definitely still hosting our Super Bowl party. I really don't care whether Dish wins awards or not. I have no emotional attachment to them as a company and I don't care about either side of these things. I get no pride from them winning awards and I don't care when they are voted worst company to work for. Dish is a company not a child of mine. They show zero loyalty to me and I have none for them.

I am with them simply because I like my 2 hopper 3 joey system and my programing package. When something better comes a long after my contract ends I won't think twice about switching. I think it's silly to boycott CBS because they took an award away from Dish. We are paying for CBS and their partner networks. If they have some programming you want to watch just watch it. If not don't.

"Oh, will her husband Jay-Z make a surprise appearance?" I don't know, after all, a Superbowl between Baltimore and San Fransisco needs a halftime show with a surprise performance from a guy, who only makes it in his business by slapping his garbage rapping into other people's songs, rapping about New York. And, I always get called a racist for this, but the man looks like a monkey. NOT BECAUSE THE COLOR OF HIS SKIN! Because, his facial bone structure has that Neanderthal, monkey look to it. The color of his skin is meaningless to me. And yes, I have said that in my work (a classroom full of all Spanish and African-American teenagers). So I mean it when I say race has nothing to do with that comment.

Tell us how you really feel........I take it you must believe in evolution.....lol

Jay Z is the man... You should check out his song ?Big Pimpin ", one of the greatest tracks ever recorded!

Never heard it, but I am sure it is some over produced studio garbage with no REAL musicians, just computer generated beats.....could be wrong, and to each his own.....

The only thing I care about is seeing the knife wheeling murdering, oh sorry, I mean steroid taking, oh crap did it again, I mean Raven's Ray Lewis lose. Other than watching that fake jackass end his crying spell, this is a game only appealing to fans of either franchise. By the way NFL, haven't you learned from OJ that when you kill someone, it doesn't matter how good you were at Football? He got off criminally too.

The sad thing about Lewis' case, unlike OJ, the whole murder thing hasn't stuck with him for the most part. Especially Ravens fans, even if he were to come out and admit to murder, the fans will still love him and find some excuse like "Oh, he was just kidding" or something like that.

Tell us how you really feel........I take it you must believe in evolution.....lol

I'm one of those hybrid believers. Have faith, but totally believe that we evolved as well. Something had to put the original organisms here.

Jay Z is the man... You should check out his song ?Big Pimpin ", one of the greatest tracks ever recorded!

Not my cup of tea. But if you like it. Enjoy. I still stand by my original statement.

The sad thing about Lewis' case, unlike OJ, the whole murder thing hasn't stuck with him for the most part. Especially Ravens fans, even if he were to come out and admit to murder, the fans will still love him and find some excuse like "Oh, he was just kidding" or something like that.

I agree with you completely. OJ was out of the spotlight long enough.

No, but will probably channel surf during the game, just not that interested in this years game

I'm
Not my cup of tea, but HEY I'm 69...
I'm 59 (until March). How guys like him and Kanye ever got so big is_______ .....fill in the blank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching Muddy Waters special with the Stones (stones are kinda lame) and my boy Buddy Guy on PBS right now.......real musicians making real LIVE music.....today's act's can't even come close to the FAT sound these guys got....no lip syncing here......

Last edited:
image-2744877668.jpg

Is this what you meant fat man :)

I will watch the Superbowl, but take a break during commercials. Also, I dvr( never watch live) more CBS shows than any other channel, but I always skip commercials with my 30 seconds skip button.

I am not going to boycott CBS.

They can pull their signals from DISH and it wont effect me as I still get them OTA... and even via OTA the AutoHop still works. They are only punishing themselves by doing this. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts