Statement from DISH - Not Getting the New HD?

You would "hope" Dish would be more forthcoming and proactive; they should know who does not have 129 or 72.7 with HD... yes, I know, this is Dish!

Putting anything on 110W/119W doesn't help anyone who has an EA setup.

61.5W is maxed so if you want to add something to EA, it needs to go on one of the other EA slots (72.7W, 77W).

No, I think the point people are making is that they could have mirrored was was put on 72.7 on 119 or 110 rather than 129. Then everyone, regardless of their setup (western, eastern and hybrid arcs), would have had access to the channels.

They could have then switched them to 129 and 61.5 once the E6 move had been completed.

Just called and talked to CSR. Upgrade tommorrow between 8-12. It will cost me a service call (15.00). To get my moneys worth I am going to have them replace a troublesome drop that gives me trouble from time to time and relocate dish better location. It is not free but it is close enough. I will keep the 61.5 just in case.

You would "hope" Dish would be more forthcoming and proactive; they should know who does not have 129 or 72.7 with HD... yes, I know, this is Dish!

When I talked to Dish last night, they thought I got 129 even though I never have. They probably assumed I did because I have a 1000+.

Ted

My setup has 110/119 on a dish 1000 and 61.5 on a wing dish. My HD locals were on 61.5 but are now mirrored on 129. Can i just swing my 61.5 dish around to 129? Are the non-locals on 61.5 mirrored on 110/119/129?

That was my original question Juan.

Can I swap 110/119 for 110/119/129 and keep the 61.5 wing? What kind of switch would I need?

If you put in a 1000.2, the switch is built in and all you have to do in plug the 61.5 cable to the 1000.2 and all is well.

I called up and the guy at first had no information and said I should be able to get everything from 61.5. After chatting a bit he looked it up, and apologized and did see it was on 72.7 so I couldn't receive it. He then was a bit confused by EA as he assumed I had it because I was receiving 61.5. After a bit more chatting, he apologized as he was new to Dish Network so didn't realize there was a difference. Put me on hold, and after a few minutes said he had scheduled an appointment for tomorrow morning to upgrade me to EA. Just waiting for the email confirmation :)

-Mike

Scott, I called dish last night and the installer just left about 30 min ago. Was upgraded today but I did have one problem, the coax cables were to short so they gave me a 1000.2 110/119/129 with a DPP44 and 61.5 and its working just fine now. My HD Locals are on 61.5. So I now have 61.5/110/119/129 for my 622&211
Musher

Finally. How I did it.

:)After talking with several CSR's who don't have a clue and sending Email with no results used the Tech Supoort Live chat. Copied and pasted the Dish news release then the message Scott recieved. Added I am one of them. Then put: I'm on 110/119/61.5.
Then no problem tech new exactly what to do. I have protection plan so $15 added to my bill. Tech will be here 2/15 to swap out dishes. Hope this helps.

Here we go. Installer shows up and thinks he's putting up a 61.5 wing:mad: He's making a phone call to Dish.
Question. Would Eastern Arc replace my Dish 500 ? ( 110/119 )

Scott, I called dish last night and the installer just left about 30 min ago. Was upgraded today but I did have one problem, the coax cables were to short so they gave me a 1000.2 110/119/129 with a DPP44 and 61.5 and its working just fine now. My HD Locals are on 61.5. So I now have 61.5/110/119/129 for my 622&211
Musher

Where are you Musher?

Since I used to use have Sky Angel and it is gone I am glad Dish upgraded my antenna for my locals which were moved to 129. I have HD Absolute so having the right antenna really isn't as critical but I'm still glad to have the right one in case there is ever anyway to get new HD channels in an HD only package.

What do you mean by "not receiving"? I see the new HD channels in my guide but they are listed in Red as non-subscribed channels.

I'm on the old "Everything" plan so I would guess they should be included in my subscription, right?

I have two dish 500s. One is pointing at 110 and 119 and one is pointing at 61.5.
I called to get an upgraded dish. The cost is going to be $99.00! "Franklin" tech support said the dish I get will be determined by the technician when he visits.

What is the story with the $99.00 charge? There have been other posts about the cost only being $15.00.

I did an online chat with Tech Support this morning before I saw this post and the information from DishNetwork. After chatting with the CSR he said they would come out and switch me to 129 for free:

D*****: What will they be installing?
(04-23tu) James W. 9ZP: The 129 satellite.
D****: How much will that cost?
(04-23tu) James W. 9ZP: We can come out for free.
D*****: Can they come on Monday? I will not be able to be there tomorrow.
(04-23tu) James W. 9ZP: Let me check.
(04-23tu) James W. 9ZP: We have 8am-12pm or 12pm-5pm Monday?
D*****: 12-5 will work
(04-23tu) James W. 9ZP: Thank you.

So hopefully there won't be any issues with the install.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)