Statement from DISH - Not Getting the New HD?

just got done tech chat
Coming tomorrow to install at no charge-

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please wait while we find a representative to assist you. In order to ensure we are providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction, this conversation will be recorded.
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: I’m very sorry to hear that you are having an issue. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: For account security purposes, can you please verify the full name and PIN or the last 4 of your SSN on the account?
Roger
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: Thanks
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: We need to do a dish migration, I am getting information on that for you right now
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: Please give me a few moments
Roger
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: I'm still looking into it
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Roger OK
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: We need to set up an install
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: It is Free to you
Roger ok great - when?
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: Will 2/13/10 between 12-5 work?
Roger : tomorrow- sure why not
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: The address listed is . Can you identify two major cross streets near your home to help the installer in finding your house?
Roger : Main and Fairfield st.
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: I have your home phone number listed as . In order to ensure everything goes efficiently as possible, our technician may contact you to confirm your appointment prior to your scheduled date. Do you have a cellular or a work number where we can reach you in the event you are not home?
Roger : thats right- work is- 'im always one place ot the other and just a couple of minutes away
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: Your Technician Visit is scheduled for 02/13 between 12-5. Please make sure that there is at least 3' clearance behind the TV prior to the technician arriving. The tech will arrive at your home during this timeframe; however the completion of the work may go past 5. Please plan accordingly so that the tech can complete the work as required. If you need to reschedule, please call 1-800-894-9131 or contact us through the Live Chat link online at least 24 hours in advance to notify us. Someone 18 years or older will need to be present in order for the work to be performed. Your Technician Visit includes a 60 day warranty.
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Roger will this be new dish or additional? Eastern arc ?
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: Its a new dish
Roger: thanks for your help
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: You're welcome
(04-03-23rf) Hanh N. HS4: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Roger all set - have a nice day
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

Need Help Installer Coming Out Tomorrow

Hi there, I saw your site the other day regarding the new hd channels that were put on to 129/72.7 and not 61.5 i called dish today to have them come out and install the eastern arc here in southern maine. (So far easy right) Well
my issue is that I have All american direct hd locals from 110 and the portland standard locals from 110. Will they be able to hook up my system so that I can still access my programming of locals and distants from the 110 sat?

(My setup hopefully will be 77, 72.7, 61.5, 110)
I really need help with this question.

Thanks, Armand

I have a 61.5/110/118.7/119 setup. would it be possible to swing the 61.5 (500) to get 72 and thus the new HD and retain all my programming in the pittsburgh DMA ?
If this is not possible what are the options EA?

Curious about this upgrade. I have Absolute HD and I see that Absolute customers are getting some of these channels. Is it only some and if so, which ones? Are there any other previously launched HD channels that Absolute customers will get if they point to a new bird. I'm in the 110/119/61.5 boat with NY locals on the 61.5 bird.

Hello. Question about the new HD channel on the 72.7 satellite. I currently have 119, 110, and 118.7 Dish 500 plus. And 61.5 from Dish 500. All 4 connections from the dish is going into DPP44. I have American, International, and HD channels. I am getting NY local channels.

If they give me the 1000.4 dish how are they going to put more cables from all the satellites into the switch? Thanks

Has anyone who is getting a new dish lost their HD locals? I read this entire thread and can't find this information. I wouldn't mind losing the non-local HD channels for a few days, but I would be in big trouble with the wife if we lost our locals for more than a day or so.

Thanks,
Ted

Has anyone who is getting a new dish lost their HD locals? I read this entire thread and can't find this information. I wouldn't mind losing the non-local HD channels for a few days, but I would be in big trouble with the wife if we lost our locals for more than a day or so.

Thanks,
Ted

I think it depends on the CSR. Apparently some of them are removing the programming to qualify you for a free upgrade.

Mine was just a $15 service call and nothing went away.

I would just clarify with the CSR when you call /chat.

Tech left, here is the summary:

1) Didn't have any trouble getting someone out here, did pay a $15 fee (which I am not going to get excited about, even on principle).

2) I had 2 - 500s pointed at 110/119 and 61.5. CSR put in the computer for the tech to put up a 1000.x to grab 110/119 and 129 and keep the 500 pointed at 61.5. However the tech said in his experience here in Upstate NY, the signals on 129 stink (about 10 points lower), so instead he put up a 500 Plus to grab 61.5, 72.7 and 77 and keep a 500 pointed at 110/119. (Attached is a pic).

3) The rumor is, and he fully admits is complete and total rumor, but that when Rochester, NY HD locals are added, it is going to be at 77. Therefore he is questioning why Dish would not get people pointed at 72.7 and 77 now, instead of doing it again later.

YMMV

BWinroc,

I live on Ridge Rd W in Spencerport. I had a Dish 500 with "I" adapter installed for 129. The Tech also tried to tell me I'd be lucky to 30-40 percent on my signal bar on my receiver.

In the end once installed the signal from 129 is 59-70 percent basically almost exactly the same as the signals coming from my 61.5 Dish and 119/110 on my Dish 500. Granted the elevation angle of the 129 Dish is 18 degrees, but I have a VERY clear view of the sky (NO TREE's or any other obstructions).

Don't let a Tech tell you the Footprint from 129 doesn't reach Western NY very well. This no longer the case, as Dish launched a new satellite to the 129 orbital slots with a MUCH better footprint in the Northeast as well as it radiating much more power than previous satellite at 129.

The Reason Dish is not moving Rochester subscribers to Eastern Arc now is that the SD locals only available from 110. Even if you get the locals via an OTA antenna as I do you would get no EPG GUIDE DATA if any Rochester HD subscribers were all switched out for Eastern Arc NOW without access to the signals from 110.

John

Now I am totally confused, there is a 99% chance that I will not get 129 because of trees, alot of them. So would what bwinroc had done above work for me (72/77)? I live just south of the canal near long pond rd.

This is getting worse and worse, the latest chat - my market is not eligible for EA and that I can not have a dish set at 129 because I would not be able to see it, which means that there is no solution for me, but they hope to have one soon.

Thanks,
Ted
I lost a bunch of channels, but not any of the HD locals. I did call on Wed., before the official Dish announcement. Seems like Dish knows what they're doing now and no one is "losing" channels.

This is getting worse and worse, the latest chat - my market is not eligible for EA and that I can not have a dish set at 129 because I would not be able to see it, which means that there is no solution for me, but they hope to have one soon.
I would call tech support. Did they tell you why you're not eligible? I'm in MA as well and got an EA installed yesterday. The installer happens to live in the same town as me. He stated he's never put up 110/119/129 Dish in this area. Only EA.

Hi there I am a new user on your site and am in deep need of advice and help. I have the 110/119/61.5/121 setup currently.

Dish is coming out tomorrow to install eastern arc.

I only want them to connect the 72.7 and replace my old 61.5 dish so that they can use the new connection on the ea

but I don't want to install 77 at this time and want to keep my 110/119

Will this work for me I really need to get some advice before they come out tomorrow morning if I need to have the order canceled or not.

Please help,
Armand

yeah. Just noticed you're in western Mass. What if you switch to the Boston locals? That must be an option for you and you'd qualify for an EA.

Can't switch to the Boston locals and have Dish come out to the Berkshires to do the install. I m not physically able to do the install myself. Basically I just need to either live with this or go to TimeWarner (but I really like my existingservice and DVR and TV setup). Just tried again and was told that my DMA is going to be mirrored at another satellite location - wait. Don't know if that is true or not.