Super Joey Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Super Joey's only work on a solo node and require an integrator. :)
Super Joey does not connect to the node, it connects to the LNB on the dish, through the integrator. The integrator connects like a Joey would to the node.

Super Joey does not connect to the node, it connects to the LNB on the dish, through the integrator. The integrator connects like a Joey would to the node.

Yes, but they only work in conjunction with a solo node (i.e. No duo nodes). Sorry for not being clearer in my earlier post.

I have an installation diagram showing the use of a DPP44 switch and the SuperJoey is connected through an integrator to one of the DPP44 outputs.

Yes, but they only work in conjunction with a solo node (i.e. No duo nodes). Sorry for not being clearer in my earlier post.
How do you know that only solo nodes will work? Seems like one half of a duo node would function the same as a solo node and the other half of the duo node could be used to connect a second Hopper.

I have an installation diagram showing the use of a DPP44 switch and the SuperJoey is connected through an integrator to one of the DPP44 outputs.
That amounts to the same thing as a line directly from the LNBF.

Where did you get this information? Doesn't seem logical to me.

How do you know that only solo nodes will work? Seems like one half of a duo node would function the same as a solo node and the other half of the duo node could be used to connect a second Hopper.

In the training materials dish put out for the SJ. They explicitly say in the training video and handout that a SJ only works with a single hopper and solo node.
See this post (http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/331178-Super-Joey-Specs?p=3387906#post3387906)

It may be technologically possible (I haven't tried it), but Dish probably won't even allow a SJ with more than 1 Hopper.

So it would seem, but Dish gives a firm NYET!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

What about two DPP44 switches trunked together with a Duo Node attached to one and a Solo Node/Integrator attached to the other switch? Wouldn't that give you three Hoppers and a SJ and several Joeys?

What is the point of having more than one Hopper with a Super Joey other than to say or prove to the "nay sayers" that you can? What are you going to use the extra three tuners for when you can't integrate them into the five tuner Hopper/Super Joey set-up? That seems to me to be like having two ViP 722k's that can't see each other.

What is the point of having more than one Hopper with a Super Joey other than to say or prove to the "nay sayers" that you can? What are you going to use the extra three tuners for when you can't integrate them into the five tuner Hopper/Super Joey set-up? That seems to me to be like having two ViP 722k's that can't see each other.

I would think the second DPP44 switch that has a Hopper and SJ attached to it would have five tuner capability.

Because its THERE!

What is the point of having more than one Hopper with a Super Joey other than to say or prove to the "nay sayers" that you can?

The ideal config would be two Hoppers w/two Super Joeys. Even better would be if the SJ could handle the OTA dongle. :D

The ideal config would be two Hoppers w/two Super Joeys. Even better would be if the SJ could handle the OTA dongle. :D
I agree especially with the OTA dongle. Has it been stated that the Super Joey cannot accept the dongle? Say that you want the Hopper in a central location of the house to make it easier for the wireless Joey to access it,versus Hopper on one end of the house & wireless Joey on the other end. Does the Super Joey have a USB port that you could hook the OTA device if that is the only way you can get OTA?

I agree especially with the OTA dongle. Has it been stated that the Super Joey cannot accept the dongle? Say that you want the Hopper in a central location of the house to make it easier for the wireless Joey to access it,versus Hopper on one end of the house & wireless Joey on the other end. Does the Super Joey have a USB port that you could hook the OTA device if that is the only way you can get OTA?

Yes, I see a USB port but not sure if she can handle OTA module.

Attachments

• Super_Joey_Quick_Reference_Guide.pdf
    747.6 KB · Views: 209
  • HopperJoeySystem_JobAid-SuperJoey.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 148
I seem to recall a post saying it was asked and it cannot support an OTA dongle, probably for MOCA reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The Super Joey is the same as a regular Joey but it has 2 tuners. The regular Joey is not able to use the OTA dongle and either is the Super Joey.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)