Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Woke up this morning with my mailbox full of DISH Network news. (Thank you to our Anonymous tipsters!)

So here we go.

Due to hardware restrictions, the ViP622 receiver will not support adaptive streaming. Customers wanting to view IPVOD/Blockbuster Movie Pass content must select "Download" and wait until the "Watch Now" option becomes accessible. Wait times can vary based on connection speeds.

On or around November 24, 2011, HBO will launch HBO On Demand (HOD). To be eligible, customers are required to have a subscription to HBO and a broadband-connected HD DVR (612, 722/722k). DISH Network customers can access HBO on Demand - Get HBO on Demand to provide customers with up-to-date information on HOD content.

To access HBO On Demand from an HD DVR:
Press DVR on your remote > TV Shows > Browse by Network > HBO
--
Titan TV Broadcast Group, the owner of the respective stations have begun crawling about the potential loss of these channels due to contract negotiations.

The channels are:
KFRE CW - Fresno, CA
KMPH FOX - Fresno, CA
KPTM FOX - Omaha, NE
KXVO CW - Omaha, NE
WCWG CW - Omaha, NE
KPTH FOX - Sioux City, IA
KMEG CBS - Sioux City, IA

And that's it for now! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Arrrgggh... Just replaced a failing 622 with a 622. Now I have to upgrade the hardware? Guess I will wait for the XIP devices. Hope it's not a ridiculously long wait.

How do you get to the HBO in Demand on the 722k?

Or is there a rolling software update coming out?

I was hoping to have the HBO on demand available on my 922. I want to watch the Band of Brothers series again.

HBO On Demand is a subset of the entire HBO archive, and as such, it does not have everything you mind find when you visit HBO Go (another benefit for HBO subscribers on Dish). In particular, Band of Brothers is available on HBO go, but is not currently available On Demand.

The best way to find HBO stuff specifically is to choose All TV Shows (Option 4) from the DISH On Demand menu, then choose Browse by Network (option 2) press page down until you find HBO and press select on it. You'll see whats available.

I was hoping to have the HBO on demand available on my 922. I want to watch the Band of Brothers series again.

I agree, watching band of brothers would make my weekend. Unfortunately I just went through the available programs and that particular series is not available. Fail! Do not worry though Capadocia is available whatever that is.

Arrrgggh... Just replaced a failing 622 with a 622. Now I have to upgrade the hardware? Guess I will wait for the XIP devices. Hope it's not a ridiculously long wait.

That was the funniest post I have read in years. I would be surprised to see a working XIP before 2014. Dish can't even fix the ones already out... As a matter of fact, they screwed up the one DVR that ran like a tank (722K) recently.

That was the funniest post I have read in years. I would be surprised to see a working XIP before 2014. Dish can't even fix the ones already out... As a matter of fact, they screwed up the one DVR that ran like a tank (722K) recently.
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the E* bed. :D