tOSU being investigated for tattoo-gate?

On the one hand, I feel for the athlete-students on this, especially ones who's families don't have a lot of money. Sure, they have a "free ride" but as mentioned earlier, it doesn't pay for video games, beer, movies, etc, etc -- recreational stuff, so what are they to do ? On the other hand though, I've always asked how these kids pay for their tattoos. It's not like they have a single, small one that might cost $100-200. Terrelle Pryor has at least one arm completely done. I read a comment from a tattoo artist that that would cost almost $2000 in her shop. A lot of them have multiple tattoos... If Pryor "had" to sell a ring or pants or whatever "to help his family", how does he have the money for the tattoos ?

Exactly... AND if their families are really that hard up; MAYBE getting tats and other useless crap (and I have tats) just isn't the BEST way to use the new found money????!!!! That isn't "taking care of family" - sorry; ain't buying it.

Last edited:
Exactly... AND if their families are really that hard up; MAYBE getting tats and other useless crap (and I have tats) just isn't the BEST may to use the new found money????!!!! That isn't "taking care of family" - sorry; ain't buying it.

I'm thinkin' the owner of the tat shop said, "Hey guys, you got anything you can trade for tats?", and it just spiraled from there....then he started paying them for the stuff as well as trade.....

I'm thinkin' the owner of the tat shop said, "Hey guys, you got anything you can trade for tats?", and it just spiraled from there....then he started paying them for the stuff as well as trade.....

OK so next question would be; if they didn't already have the money or plan to get tats, why were they there? I have numerous tats; I know what its like hanging in the shop, I know what they cost, and I know all the time it can take.. And I have plenty of common sense. Just saying that I think we can all see what happened and its not the worse thing in the world, but the lying about it is only making it look worse; along with the very odd handling of the punishment.

Didn't they trade some of this memorabilia to the shop for tattoos? Isn't that how this all started and got found out?
Yes, they apparently traded stuff as the items were found at the shop or the owner's house.
What was the FBI investigating the tattoo shop for in the first place when this was discovered? Anyone know?
I haven't seen an explanation for that... My question is WHY is the FBI investigating a tattoo shop ? It's not something 'simple' if they're involved.

...another investigation by law-enforcement agencies of possible unlawful behavior by the parlor owner, sources said. During a search for evidence, a stash of memorabilia signed by some current and former Ohio State players was found, the sources said, and law-enforcement officials made school administrators aware of it.
What I'm surprised at is that the police contacted the school. I'd think it would have been a brush-under-the-rug thing...

Answer as to why the school was contacted. They thought the items might be stolen...
How did they get caught? The US Attorney’s office found the items in question at the parlor and contacted OSU to see if any of these items had been stolen. When questioned about the incident, the students (according to AD Gene Smith) were candid and honest about what took place.

Now, why Terrelle Pryor decided to tweet Wednesday that “I paid for my tats” and then erase the same message Thursday is anyone’s guess.

Jimbo....gotta give you your props. You have been one of the few ...if not only Buckeye fans that has even wandered into this thread. :up:up:cool:

Hes not the only one. ;)

Yup, Jag has been here all along !

I see no way you would want to stay OUT of the thread as you KNOW, most will be looking to bash your school anyway they can, apparently it's the thing to do.

I figured if I could find anything that would dispute some of the thoughts here, I'd post them !

Jimbo....gotta give you your props. You have been one of the few ...if not only Buckeye fans that has even wandered into this thread. :up:up:cool:

On the one hand, I feel for the athlete-students on this, especially ones who's families don't have a lot of money. Sure, they have a "free ride" but as mentioned earlier, it doesn't pay for video games, beer, movies, etc, etc -- recreational stuff, so what are they to do ? On the other hand though, I've always asked how these kids pay for their tattoos. It's not like they have a single, small one that might cost $100-200. Terrelle Pryor has at least one arm completely done. I read a comment from a tattoo artist that that would cost almost $2000 in her shop. A lot of them have multiple tattoos... If Pryor "had" to sell a ring or pants or whatever "to help his family", how does he have the money for the tattoos ?

Pryor had tats when he arrived at the Shoe as well, so you don't know how many were new.

Didn't they trade some of this memorabilia to the shop for tattoos? Isn't that how this all started and got found out?

What was the FBI investigating the tattoo shop for in the first place when this was discovered? Anyone know?

Yes, the tattoo shop was being investigated (don't know why at this point) and thats how this all came out when the FBI wanted to know how he got the memorabilia.

The NCAA doesn't think so ....
What happens when the NCAA is caught lying ???

NCAA defends Ohio State, Auburn rulings, denies playing favorites - ESPN
And to the NCAA I say , "Bullsh!t". Otherwise AJ Green wouldn't have been treated so harshly for selling a single jersey.

With Auburn there wasn't much of a choice. They had no proof that Cam or his father tried to get money. So they just said since Cam had no knowledge of what his father did, he wasn't culpable. What they neglected to say is they had no proof of the father either.

In Ohio St.'s case, they had the proof. But protected the BCS Bowl game, and gave a punishment that won't happen, because the accused won't be around.

And to the NCAA I say , "Bullsh!t". Otherwise AJ Green wouldn't have been treated so harshly for selling a single jersey.

With Auburn there wasn't much of a choice. They had no proof that Cam or his father tried to get money. So they just said since Cam had no knowledge of what his father did, he wasn't culpable. What they neglected to say is they had no proof of the father either.

In Ohio St.'s case, they had the proof. But protected the BCS Bowl game, and gave a punishment that won't happen, because the accused won't be around.

I am with you. I keep saying that on here. AJ Green took the royal shaft. He is far better than any of those OSU players, so it isn't a star status.

I can't wait for 2020 now that my Dawgs are going to play OSU in a home and home.

What ?
They had audio tapes of them talking ....

Some will be here.

I am with you. I keep saying that on here. AJ Green took the royal shaft. He is far better than any of those OSU players, so it isn't a star status.

I can't wait for 2020 now that my Dawgs are going to play OSU in a home and home.

Your funny !
If Green had to sit out, why didn't he go to the pro's if he's soooooo good ?

Fwiw, I know he's good, thats not my point.
He is a year or two older than the Bucks, of course he should be better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)