tOSU being investigated for tattoo-gate?

Ok, I have now lost respect for Tressel.

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel says five suspended Buckeyes will return - ESPN

He should suspend them and not wait to see if they truly return if he really wanted to hold them accountable.

Thats ODD, you would have thought you would have GAINED respect for him ???

He told the guys if your not coming back, your not playing in the Sugar Bowl, isn't that what you were all wanting anyways , for them to NOT play in this game ?

Tressel took a stand and said we'll play our guys for next year if you guys are not coming back, why should we take an opportunity away from guys that WILL play next year to get experience.

OK, if we don't play our guys in the Bowl game, and the Bucks are not the ones saying they should, We SHOULD get our 5 games back for next year......

Which do you want ?

Jimbo said:
Thats ODD, you would have thought you would have GAINED respect for him ???

He told the guys if your not coming back, your not playing in the Sugar Bowl, isn't that what you were all wanting anyways , for them to NOT play in this game ?

Tressel took a stand and said we'll play our guys for next year if you guys are not coming back, why should we take an opportunity away from guys that WILL play next year to get experience.

OK, if we don't play our guys in the Bowl game, and the Bucks are not the ones saying they should, We SHOULD get our 5 games back for next year......

Which do you want ?

Sorry Jimbo, but the players saying they will be back means nothing right now. They can still very easily declare for the draft once the sugar bowl is done. Most would say that they are coming back just to play in their last bowl game.

Actually they are not. Mark Richt and UGA Administration suspended AJ Green for the first two games before the NCAA Verdict.

Try reading what I wrote again. And again, if you still don't understand.

He would have been going against the desire of some pretty strong influences that did not allow him to, even if he wanted to do that.

Last edited:
Sorry Jimbo, but the players saying they will be back means nothing right now. They can still very easily declare for the draft once the sugar bowl is done. Most would say that they are coming back just to play in their last bowl game.
Yeap, it's all based on their word... I do think they respect their coach enough not to flat-out lie to him though.

Well see ....
If they DO come back, does everyone feel better ?

It's kinda "easy" for them to suspend one player vs five or six !
Since 5 or 6 broke the rules multiple times person, they should get off easier than 1 person who broke it once??? That's as laughable as saying they were unaware of the rule, especially in light of what happened with AJ Green.

The NCAA is letting Ohio St. get away with it, plain and simple.

Yeap, it's all based on their word... I do think they respect their coach enough not to flat-out lie to him though.
hahaha, up until the draft comes calling. How many people said they're coming back only to declare for the draft?
They've been breaking the rules for a while, why should people trust them now?

Ohh yeah of course they are going to say they will be back to play in their last big college game of their lives!! I would imagine at least 2 will hit the draft.

Since 5 or 6 broke the rules multiple times person, they should get off easier than 1 person who broke it once??? That's as laughable as saying they were unaware of the rule, especially in light of what happened with AJ Green.

The NCAA is letting Ohio St. get away with it, plain and simple.

Your STILL not paying attention ......
The reason they are able to play is clear and simple.
MONEY and the SUGAR bowl not wanting to LOSE a lot of it.

The person running the Sugar Bowl was the MAIN person fighting to allow the players to play.

This morning Tressel said, OK guys, if your going Pro, your NOT PLAYING, not even GOING ON THE TRIP.
He was willing to play the replacement players and let them get experience.

I THINK the players respect Coach enough to keep thier word.

IF they DO leave, then I will no longer back the players and I would be as disappointed as Tressel.

He pretty much said, Were movin on without you if your going to leave.

Derwin0 said:
Since 5 or 6 broke the rules multiple times person, they should get off easier than 1 person...
That's not what I said. It's easy for a coach or a school to "punish" themselves by suspending one player no matter how good he/she may be.

Tressel is a total dbag for making the ultimatum to the players. Hopefully one or two of then decide to go pro after the game and don't let him talk them into a decision they disagree with.

Tressel is a total dbag for making the ultimatum to the players. Hopefully one or two of then decide to go pro after the game and don't let him talk them into a decision they disagree with.

What you are talking about is the old discussion of "is there honor among thieves". You have a school, a coach and the most recent 5 players caught, all of which have no respect for the rules. Now the 5 cheating players have promised the cheating coach they won't go pro (notice what Outlaw State and its corupt coach wanted, not a promise to, oh say, work with troubled youth or give some money to the non-athletic fund when they begin to be (legally) paid for pay, no a promise to coninute to let Outlaw State benefit from them). Who knows what they will do.

There is no honor among thieves.

That's not what I said. It's easy for a coach or a school to "punish" themselves by suspending one player no matter how good he/she may be.
How was it easy? Georgia lost most of the games Green was gone for.
Besides the punishment wasn't from the school, the NCAA laid down the punishment.

Georgia was only going to have Green sit out the first 2 games. But the NCAA said he better not play until they rule, otherwise everything would be forfeited. They then came back and said 4 games (no picking & choosing, it must be the next 4 games).

Meanwhile, Ohio St. and the Sugar Bowl get to choose when the multiple Ohio St. players play? I'm sorry, but that as biased as can be.

Do we really believe there was an ultimatum? No, Tressel saw the grief because of Ohio St. getting special treatment, so he gave the players the "official" line to use in order to make the punishment look real, knowing full well that most of them won't follow through, and there's no way to stop them.

Come next season when the players are gone, he figures the unfulfilled suspensions will be forgotten about.

What you are talking about is the old discussion of "is there honor among thieves". You have a school, a coach and the most recent 5 players caught, all of which have no respect for the rules. Now the 5 cheating players have promised the cheating coach they won't go pro (notice what Outlaw State and its corupt coach wanted, not a promise to, oh say, work with troubled youth or give some money to the non-athletic fund when they begin to be (legally) paid for pay, no a promise to coninute to let Outlaw State benefit from them). Who knows what they will do.

So what did Tressel ever do to have the label cheat or corrupt coach?

and I thought I disliked OSU... How is the coach a cheater btw? And how is he "corrupt"? I may not like OSU But there coach has certainly shown to be a stand up guy. Your posts are utterly ridiculous.

So what did Tressel ever do to have the label cheat or corrupt coach?

took the job at OSU? :D The Vest has never been associated with any rule shenanigans, NONE (and he doesn't escape penalties using the Coach Cal M.O., either.) While I am not a tOSU fan, per se, I have, up to this point held The Vest in high regard. His speech yesterday is making me wonder, though. A promise from a rule-breaker is not something I would want to bet my reputation on and that is exactly what he is doing.

PS: I think someone needs to take his meds, not gonna say who, but bet you can guess. :)

His speech yesterday is making me wonder, though. A promise from a rule-breaker is not something I would want to bet my reputation on and that is exactly what he is doing.

I have to agree. He is taking them on their word and for some reason I have a feeling that he will regret it in a few weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)