tOSU being investigated for tattoo-gate?

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
AJ Green had to sit the first four games for Georgia this year for selling his Music City Bowl Jersey. Georgia was told by the NCAA they would void any wins he played in if they ruled it was true. Georgia kept him out two games then they the NCAA ruled he needed to sit four total. If all things are equal they all should sit the bowl game. In fact OSU should void the last five games, which makes this 5-6 and makes them ineligible for Sugar Bowl.

Was Green required to miss the bowl game ?

Big Dawg 23

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 13, 2008
Northfield, MN
Jimbo said:
Was Green required to miss the bowl game ?

Greens infraction took place after last years bowl game. So unlike OSU players he sat out the first game he could which was this year. It shouldn't what game it is. The infraction took place so they need to sit now.

dvrexpander

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 23, 2009
Near a tree
Greens infraction took place after last years bowl game. So unlike OSU players he sat out the first game he could which was this year. It shouldn't what game it is. The infraction took place so they need to sit now.

+1 this

And again this has nothing to do with Cam Newton but I can certainly see why peps would bring it up over and over ..and over again.

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
dvrexpander said:
+1 this

And again this has nothing to do with Cam Newton but I can certainly see why peps would bring it up over and over ..and over again.

Nobody said it did. I guess you didn't get the joke. Sorry that I didn't spell it out for you.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Jimbo said:
Why should they void the last 5 games this year ?

Had no one said anything about it, no one would know till after the new year anyways.
I don't know why the schools would say anything to anyone if they knew, only days before thier game.
The tattoo incident only happened last week from what I have heard.

The other incidents happened in '09, the NCAA picks the worst time to SUDDENLY realize this stuff ? Ya right.

I just don't get it......it was GIVEN TO THEM, their stuff....why can't they sell THEIR stuff??!!

..ok...the rules are wacked. But IF the rules are rules....then the 5 suspended players should not play in the bowl. They are getting off easy because IF they were playing in the crappy Weedwacker Bowl, they would have suspended them for this bowl game. But because it is a BCS bowl and it brings millions to both university.... I am sure tOSU made a deal. The great thing about this deal is.... there is a very good chance all those players more than likely will declare themselves for the NFL draft next year.... if they had not made that decision already.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
I just don't get it......it was GIVEN TO THEM, their stuff....why can't they sell THEIR stuff??!!

..ok...the rules are wacked. But IF the rules are rules....then the 5 suspended players should not play in the bowl. They are getting off easy because IF they were playing in the crappy Weedwacker Bowl, they would have suspended them for this bowl game. But because it is a BCS bowl and it brings millions to both university.... I am sure tOSU made a deal. The great thing about this deal is.... there is a very good chance all those players more than likely will declare themselves for the NFL draft next year.... if they had not made that decision already.

Well, your PARTLY right....
The reason they are able to play in the Bowl game is due to the fact that the NCAA wants to make thier PRECIOUS MONEY.
Without those players playing, many would not be tuning in .... I don't care if it's the #1 team in the nation, you sit 4 guys off your offense and they will lose and attendance will dwindle, attendance dwindles, so does the amount of money changing hands, hence, no wheres near the money that would normally be coming in.

I don't think a "Deal" as you put it had anything to do with it.

Fwiw, there was a good chance that 4 of the 5 players would have been coming back next year, seeing they all came into the Buckeye's the same time.
Now, I would not be surprised to see all of them leave, mainly because the NCAA is FORCING them too.

What point would it be to play only 1/2 your teams games the next year.... pretty much a waste of a year, why bother.

That said, I would not be surprised to see this appealed and reduced at least one game maybe more.

Big Dawg 23

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 13, 2008
Northfield, MN
Jimbo said:
Well, your PARTLY right....
The reason they are able to play in the Bowl game is due to the fact that the NCAA wants to make thier PRECIOUS MONEY.
Without those players playing, many would not be tuning in .... I don't care if it's the #1 team in the nation, you sit 4 guys off your offense and they will lose and attendance will dwindle, attendance dwindles, so does the amount of money changing hands, hence, no wheres near the money that would normally be coming in.

I don't think a "Deal" as you put it had anything to do with it.

Fwiw, there was a good chance that 4 of the 5 players would have been coming back next year, seeing they all came into the Buckeye's the same time.
Now, I would not be surprised to see all of them leave, mainly because the NCAA is FORCING them too.

What point would it be to play only 1/2 your teams games the next year.... pretty much a waste of a year, why bother.

That said, I would not be surprised to see this appealed and reduced at least one game maybe more.

If reduced below 4 it won't look good to other players in similar situations.

As for going pro Pryor isn't rated high and he may need next season to move up.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
As for going pro Pryor isn't rated high and he may need next season to move up.

He has said all along that he intends to come back, but NOW that may be changing.
I think all 5 should be coming back, but seeing how asinine the NCAA is being, I would be surprised to see any of them come back.

The NCAA is making a EXAMPLE of the Bucks as far as I'm concerned, NO one that I can think of lost 5 games ....
I thought you had to take money to get suspensions from them, but I guess they have it out for the Bucks.....

Why again did Cam Newton go to Auburn after stating all along that he wanted to go to S. Miss ?
Of course he got paid ..... but they OK'd him in a hurry ....

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 16, 2006
Earth

I really doubt that OSU made a deal. They will get the same amount of money for the game even if those 5 don't play. The only ones that would really lose is the sponsors for the game. They would much rather have them suspended for the bowl game then some games next year. The suspension will most likely be moved down to 4 games. If one of them was the bowl then they would only be missing for 3 games during next season. The first couple are easy wins even for the 2nd string players. It hurts the school much more having them play in the bowl and then miss more games next year.

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
I think all 5 should be coming back, but seeing how asinine the NCAA is being, I would be surprised to see any of them come back.

I personally think that all 5 will go pro. I am not sure if missing 4 - 5 games will help them in the long run. They might as well go pro now and try to get a little money.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
I personally think that all 5 will go pro. I am not sure if missing 4 - 5 games will help them in the long run. They might as well go pro now and try to get a little money.

They probably will ... I don't know if they are all ready or not.
Pryor definately is not ready.
Herron, Possey could both use another year.
Adams probably is ready ... Shugarts is coming into his own, but next year would help traise his stock even further.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I really doubt that OSU made a deal. They will get the same amount of money for the game even if those 5 don't play. The only ones that would really lose is the sponsors for the game. They would much rather have them suspended for the bowl game then some games next year. The suspension will most likely be moved down to 4 games. If one of them was the bowl then they would only be missing for 3 games during next season. The first couple are easy wins even for the 2nd string players. It hurts the school much more having them play in the bowl and then miss more games next year.

Not so much a money deal, but a deal with the NCAA where IF they fully cooperate with the NCAA and find something, let those that are implicated play in the bowl and suspend NEXT year. The ONLY real game they have early is the game against The U in Miami.

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
If they are out for the fist 5 games they will miss Miami and Michigan State. Then all 5 come in cold against Nebraska. I could easily see a couple of losses if they are out for the 5 games.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Not so much a money deal, but a deal with the NCAA where IF they fully cooperate with the NCAA and find something, let those that are implicated play in the bowl and suspend NEXT year. The ONLY real game they have early is the game against The U in Miami.

So, OSU has to forfeit any chance of winning the MNC game next year already THIS year .... nice ... :rolleyes:

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
If they are out for the fist 5 games they will miss Miami and Michigan State. Then all 5 come in cold against Nebraska. I could easily see a couple of losses if they are out for the 5 games.

Yeah, but like you said, I would not be surprised if it get's knocked down to 4 games...even less BECAUSE they are Ohio State. I HATE this ruling because me being a former student-athlete on a full time ride coming from a VERY poor background...it ain't as easy a people think.

...but with that said, Ohio State in the end will get a HUGE brake on this.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Yeah, but like you said, I would not be surprised if it get's knocked down to 4 games...even less BECAUSE they are Ohio State. I HATE this ruling because me being a former student-athlete on a full time ride coming from a VERY poor background...it ain't as easy a people think.

...but with that said, Ohio State in the end will get a HUGE brake on this.

To me this is a deal like the NFL pulled.
Suspend players WAY to long so that you can reduce it if everyone thinks it's too long....
Like I said, NO ONE has EVER been suspended that long, particularly such a petty situation.

They BETTER all be back before the Miami game or they will be officially taken out of any chance of playing for a BSC game.

Of course that makes it easier for other teams in the Big Ten.

Last edited:

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Yo me this is a deal like the NFL pulled.
Suspend players WAY to long so that you can reduce it if everyone thinks it's too long....
Like I said, NO ONE has EVER been suspended that long, particularly such a petty situation.

They BETTER all be back before the Miami game or they will be officially taken out of any chance of playing for a BSC game.

Of course that makes it easier for other teams in the Big Ten.

Hell, the Clarrett issue was much worse and not nearly the suspension.
I'm sure there are many other players elsewhere that have done worse with less time given.

Chicago Cubs Can't Believe They're Doing This Again

Facing Death, CNN sports legend embraces life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)