tOSU being investigated for tattoo-gate?

Here's the quote I was looking for earlier when some one asked about WHY the players would be able to play in the Bowl game ....
This is the NCAA now:
The We Didn't Know defense was cited by the NCAA as one mitigating factor in this decision. Another was the fact that postseason play provides a "unique opportunity" and is "evaluated differently" when it comes to suspensions, according to an NCAA Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement policy that was enacted in 2004.

Whatever that is suppose to mean.

My take on this is, Yes, they should not have sold stuff, but it does BELONG to them, so you would think they could do whatever they wanted with them.
Why do these guys need all of this ?
Someone asked about Why if they valued the school they would sell these items ?
They have won the Big Ten every year they have been here and get a ring each year, they all have the "Gold Pants" for beating Michigan.

What do they need with 3 of each of them ? I see no harm in selling a few of them.

I think the NCAA is WAY over board on this suspension as I've mentioned before.
Also expect a huge outcry from the rest of the people IF they decide to reduce this penalty.

On the other hand:
Why does any of this come out at this very moment ?
The School had to know about it, keep your mouth shut till after the Bowl game ...
No wait, it happened in '09, so the school had already talked to the NCAA, so it was the NCAA that decided to bring it to light RIGHT NOW ....
Yes, the same NCAA that wants the revenue from the team at the BcS game ......

Ever notice how these things come out just before the BIGGEST GAME of the year ....
Ala CAM Newton, who YES you can admit it, TOOK MONEY and got away with it because that same NCAA wanted Auburn IN a BcS game, THE game this year, otherwise they probably would have lost without him, but the NCAA took care of that now didn't they ....

We'll hear more in a few years about the money Mr. Newton is living on. Count on it. Otherwise, he would have gone to school where HE wanted to.

So the NCAA plays games to get what they want ... again.

Last edited:
Jimbo said:
He has said all along that he intends to come back, but NOW that may be changing.
I think all 5 should be coming back, but seeing how asinine the NCAA is being, I would be surprised to see any of them come back.

The NCAA is making a EXAMPLE of the Bucks as far as I'm concerned, NO one that I can think of lost 5 games ....
I thought you had to take money to get suspensions from them, but I guess they have it out for the Bucks.....

Why again did Cam Newton go to Auburn after stating all along that he wanted to go to S. Miss ?
Of course he got paid ..... but they OK'd him in a hurry ....

AJ Green was made an example of with four games. The OSU players with have it reduced, however if each player sold and item and got a reduced price tattoo then five games is just. AJ Green sold one jersey. OSU is getting special treatment. I have yet to hear any say they should get to play the bowl game.

As for star power of the OSU or UGA it was a big deal for AJ Green his projected as the number 3 pick and top wideout.

When it comes to Cam Newton its wrong he was left off but of you can't link the player what cam you do.

Here is how you understand the NCAA.

First, get a map of the USA and a Sharpie marker. Start at the Delaware Bay and head due west along what we call the "Mason-Dixon Line" until you reach the Ohio, then follow the Ohio to the Mississippi, then follow the Mississippi until you meet the Arkansas line, then follow the line between Arkansas and Missouri, then the one between Oklahoma and Kansas, then between Texas and New Mexico until you reach El Paso.

Second, get a book of football history. Turn to 1950. See if a team was a major power in what we now call Div I then. Write those schools down.

Now, there is a two part test.

Located SOUTH of the above mentioned line or a school that has improved itself since 1950? MAJOR ISSUE!!!!!!!!!! Cheaters!!!!!! Evil.

Located NORTH (or west) of the above mentioned line and a school that was already "good" in 1950? Cheat all you want.

Fact is, Outlaw State can cheat all it wants. Its in the north and its a traditional power. The NCAA is only interested in non-traditional powers and teams in the SEC, ACC, or Big 12 South.

Wow Mark May must not be a fan of the Big Ten, he mentioned that if this was a SEC team these players would be suspended for the bowl game and alluded to a double standard when it comes to the NCAA and punishments for confences

satjay said:
Wow Mark May must not be a fan of the Big Ten, he mentioned that if this was a SEC team these players would be suspended for the bowl game and alluded to a double standard when it comes to the NCAA and punishments for confences

Mark may has had a hardon for the Buckeyes for many,many years now.

I think Herbstret is almost as bad, he's decided since he got in the business that its illegal for him to say anything positive about the school that he went to, not sure why that is, but he's always been that way.

Because it would lose its appeal and many people would not watch anymore. The sponsors and the NCAA would lose to much money having them suspended for the bowl game.

and the NCAA doesn't get as big a cut of the action for games that are on the BIG10 Network as it does on the bowl games.

Its all about the money. Crack whores learned all they know from the NCAA and are getting advanced training from the BcS.

Nobody said it did. I guess you didn't get the joke. Sorry that I didn't spell it out for you.

No joke, his name is being brought up many times not just by you either and it flat out has nothing to do with him or his case that has been cleared.

Now as for players making schools and NCAA lots of money, lets not forget these guys get a FREE COLLEGE EDUCATION, how about free very expensive daily meals, free places to work out, free tickets to games for family.... my God there are tons of things they get out of playing for the school not to mention just playing a game they enjoy. Truth is they broke rules and should pay for it - the NCAA is just beyond stupid in the punishment since for some reason a few of them are forgetting that some of these guys will just jump to the draft/NFL. They should make them hang up the pads RIGHT NOW not tomorrow but right now for even the Bowl game regardless. If they don't kick them off the team for the bowl game then those that do leave for the NFL will never get the punishment they were supposed to get for breaking clearly written rules.

No joke, his name is being brought up many times not just by you either and it flat out has nothing to do with him or his case that has been cleared.

Now as for players making schools and NCAA lots of money, lets not forget these guys get a FREE COLLEGE EDUCATION, how about free very expensive daily meals, free places to work out, free tickets to games for family.... my God there are tons of things they get out of playing for the school not to mention just playing a game they enjoy. Truth is they broke rules and should pay for it - the NCAA is just beyond stupid in the punishment since for some reason a few of them are forgetting that some of these guys will just jump to the draft/NFL. They should make them hang up the pads RIGHT NOW not tomorrow but right now for even the Bowl game regardless. If they don't kick them off the team for the bowl game then those that do leave for the NFL will never get the punishment they were supposed to get for breaking clearly written rules.

All for selling something that belong to you ? Ya right.

The school and the NCAA make PLENTY of money off the players.

Think about it, you've got 3 Big Ten rings, or SEC or whatever ... why do you need 3 rings, keep one and sell the rest, no problem, I would if I needed money.

As someone else pointed out, you own a truck, your in school now, don't need the truck to get to class, you sell the truck, now you have money ... NCAA says thats wrong ?

+1 this

And again this has nothing to do with Cam Newton but I can certainly see why peps would bring it up over and over ..and over again.

Your right, your Dad taking $ 180,000 is much better and is OK in your eyes...

Ya, they say the Big Ten gets off easy on everything ..... ya right, the SEC was not penalized at all for this and the player was ALLOWED to play as well, WHY, because the NCAA WANTS the public to WATCH the game and spend the money.....

With the Bucks situation, the NCAA gets thier money AND pushes the players out of college, in most cases.

Your right, your Dad taking $ 180,000 is much better and is OK in your eyes...

Ya, they say the Big Ten gets off easy on everything ..... ya right, the SEC was not penalized at all for this and the player was ALLOWED to play as well, WHY, because the NCAA WANTS the public to WATCH the game and spend the money.....

With the Bucks situation, the NCAA gets thier money AND pushes the players out of college, in most cases.

Not trying to beat a dead horse but AJ Green sat he didnt play so there is no SEC Bias. Here is link to refresh everyone's memory.
Georgia Bulldogs' A.J. Green ineligible for three more games - ESPN

All I ask is that players who commit the same infraction AJ Green get the same. Georgia was told Wins would be voided if he played and he still would be suspended. OSU void your last five wins and sit the bowl games. You had players who where ineligible.

Not trying to beat a dead horse but AJ Green sat he didnt play so there is no SEC Bias. Here is link to refresh everyone's memory.
Georgia Bulldogs' A.J. Green ineligible for three more games - ESPN

All I ask is that players who commit the same infraction AJ Green get the same. Georgia was told Wins would be voided if he played and he still would be suspended. OSU void your last five wins and sit the bowl games. You had players who where ineligible.

They were not ineligible till yesterday.

Personally, I think the Green issue was BS as well.

My favorite thing coming out of this is Kirk Herbstreit bashing Pryor and others calling them selfish, immature, and not skill worthy to play in the NFL. I love someone willing to speak out like that. Herbstreit also noted that he also blames the people around Pryor and others who lie about their talents. Bravo, Kirk .... Bravo, Kirk!!!

My favorite thing coming out of this is Kirk Herbstreit bashing Pryor and others calling them selfish, immature, and not skill worthy to play in the NFL. I love someone willing to speak out like that. Herbstreit also noted that he also blames the people around Pryor and others who lie about their talents. Bravo, Kirk .... Bravo, Kirk!!!

Where have you been hiding ?
Herbstreet has NEVER said anything positive about the school he went to since he left.

You also might want to check out his partner Mark May, who also has never liked the Bucks, regardless.

Personally, I think the Bucks didn't recruit May and he's been pissed about it all along.

Jimbo said:
Where have you been hiding ?
Herbstreet has NEVER said anything positive about the school he went to since he left.

You also might want to check out his partner Mark May, who also has never liked the Bucks, regardless.

Personally, I think the Bucks didn't recruit May and he's been pissed about it all along.

My point is he is calling these players out and rightfully so; sick and tired of these kids acting like they are the sh$t!!!

Here is the audio:

m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=MAr5Dy8iL0U

My point is he is calling these players out and rightfully so; sick and tired of these kids acting like they are the sh$t!!!

Here is the audio:

m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=MAr5Dy8iL0U

And the Bucks are the only ones ....

What was your thoughts of Cam Newtons Dad getting paid for his son going to Auburn and getting NOTHING from the NCAA as a punishment ?

Jimbo said:
And the Bucks are the only ones ....

What was your thoughts of Cam Newtons Dad getting paid for his son going to Auburn and getting NOTHING from the NCAA as a punishment ?

The whole Cam Newton situation will eventually be revealed like Bush's.

The bottom line is NCAA has to start enacting preventive measures such as having all practices closed sessions so agents and others cannot get at these kids.

What's sad is there is so much more that happens which never gets uncovered :-(

To me this is a deal like the NFL pulled.
Suspend players WAY to long so that you can reduce it if everyone thinks it's too long....
Like I said, NO ONE has EVER been suspended that long, particularly such a petty situation.

They BETTER all be back before the Miami game or they will be officially taken out of any chance of playing for a BSC game.

Of course that makes it easier for other teams in the Big Ten.

Miami game is 3rd game of the season, there is NO WAY that this gets reduced to a two game suspension.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)