tOSU being investigated for tattoo-gate?

Kentucky's QB is suspended from the Bowl game for what he did and I don't see this as being any different. Rules violation is rules violation and it needs to be consistent.

All for selling something that belong to you ? Ya right.

As someone else pointed out, you own a truck, your in school now, don't need the truck to get to class, you sell the truck, now you have money ... NCAA says thats wrong ?

Let me address this 1 part at a time.... Items you've accumulated while in the school such as team jersey's or anything else related to the team (I can't remember the exact words, feel free to look it up) you CAN NOT SELL!!! Rules are rules..if they said you can't walk on the sidewalk backwards while going to practice then YOU CAN'T WALK BACKWARDS ON SIDEWALK. What's so hard to understand?? As for the 2nd part, well if you paid for that truck, worked to get that truck and had no money offered to you for it and gave fair value for it prior to or even while in school then its yours to do with as you please..same would go with a CDplayer or whatever. Obviously you should just go find the first CFB player you can find and ask them about this..those that are smart will tell you what is and what isn't allowed or where to go look for the answers or who to ask...its just that simple. Those 5 guys screwed up and they should pay the price. The price should start now with pads off end of season wait till after 5th game next year to play.

Kentucky's QB is suspended from the Bowl game for what he did and I don't see this as being any different. Rules violation is rules violation and it needs to be consistent.

Exactly, if the same thing was done by another player then be consistent. This however has nothing to do with Cam N, lets remind ourselves that a investigation was already done and he was cleared..pretty much end of story there.

Last edited:
The hard part here is the more you read the worse it gets

They also received improper benefits -- from up to two years ago -- from the tattoo parlor and its owner.

This alone should make them vacate some wins, and not play the Bowl game.. it's tainted as of now. You have another team that should be playing in its spot and that's Mich St.

Pryor even sold a sportsmanship award from the 2008 Fiesta Bowl, along with his 2008 Big Ten championship ring. More egregious to Ohio State fans, he sold a "gold pants" trinket -- an iconic charm given to players who are a part of a victory over archrival Michigan. He may not be easily forgiven by Buckeyes fans who revere such traditions. Pryor must repay $2,500 for selling the three items.

I can assure anyone in a rivalry game such as this he if I was a fan I certainly wouldn't be defending him at all, it would be far worse if I was a dedicated fan of the team.

The NCAA did not suspend the players for the Sugar Bowl because they "did not receive adequate rules education during the time period the violations occurred."

As for this? Well Total BS! They have a book they are givin, they have paid people running around campus that know these rules that are hired by the schools to help them with any and all questions in regards to NCAA rules and they felt they were above the rules.

Well Total BS! They have a book they are givin, they have paid people running around campus that know these rules that are hired by the schools to help them with any and all questions in regards to NCAA rules and they felt they were above the rules.

I agree 100%! I know for a fact that these kids spend a TON of time in meeting about what you can and cannot do as far as NCAA rules....ESPECIALLY the football and basketball teams!

How many of the players do you think will bail for the NFL before then?

Before when ? NFL has a cut off date for the draft, however, I don't know when it is.

I would guess had this NOT happened, it's possible that all 5 would have come back.
Now it's also possible that all 5 will go.
Maybe one is actually ready for the NFL.

A long time ago, Pryor talked about knowing that he needed to come back next year, needed more experience.

Know it all Kiper says he'll be a Tight End in the pro's .... never happen.
He may be a H back or a WR, with a guy that has that type of ability to MOVE, an H back would be best I think ... NOT a TE.

Let me address this 1 part at a time.... Items you've accumulated while in the school such as team jersey's or anything else related to the team (I can't remember the exact words, feel free to look it up) you CAN NOT SELL!!! Rules are rules..if they said you can't walk on the sidewalk backwards while going to practice then YOU CAN'T WALK BACKWARDS ON SIDEWALK. What's so hard to understand?? As for the 2nd part, well if you paid for that truck, worked to get that truck and had no money offered to you for it and gave fair value for it prior to or even while in school then its yours to do with as you please..same would go with a CDplayer or whatever. Obviously you should just go find the first CFB player you can find and ask them about this..those that are smart will tell you what is and what isn't allowed or where to go look for the answers or who to ask...its just that simple. Those 5 guys screwed up and they should pay the price. The price should start now with pads off end of season wait till after 5th game next year to play.

Exactly, if the same thing was done by another player then be consistent. This however has nothing to do with Cam N, lets remind ourselves that a investigation was already done and he was cleared..pretty much end of story there.

And WHEN did YOU find this rule out ?

You NEVER knew this either, just like the REST of us here.

However, UK is not playing in a big-time bowl, they are playing in a smaller one. If there was all the money on the line for the NCAA and BcS, you can bet your last dollar ol' Flatline would be at the helm. :D The rules, no matter how stupid they are, should apply to one and all alike, but they don't.

Why would the NCAA wish to do away with its rule book? By enforcing it against some teams, while allowing Outlaw State to cheat without consequences, it maintains the uneven playing field the Big 10 needs to stay competitive.

Outlaw State, caught again.

Shame on the OSU players and the NCAA.

First of all lets talk about the hypocrisy of the NCAA here, in protecting their precious Bowl Cartel. These players should have been suspended for the Sugar bowl. The players can't sell their stuff, but the NCAA is sure as hell protecting their interests here.

As for the players, well this is cheating plain and simple. This is paying for play. What was to stop Pryor from selling these items for an amount such as $20K to a booster? That's why they can't sell this stuff. Too much room for abuse here. The NCAA supposedly went light on this because OSU claimed that the players didn't understand the rules. Yeah, Right. The first paper they give you is the rules about this kind of stuff. Sounds like a "lack of institutional control" to me. These penalties are a joke. It won't matter anyhow, because I doubt if Pryor or the RB will be back for their senior seasons anyhow.

For the record, everybody here knows that I'm a MICHIGAN man, so if you think this sounds biased, please remember that I said Rodriguez should have been fired for his indiscretions last season at Michigan. There are reasons for the rules.

Last of all, shame on the players for screwing their team mates like that.

And WHEN did YOU find this rule out ?

You NEVER knew this either, just like the REST of us here.

Known this for years, each player is drilled in mandatory meetings that the school must have about them and other rules, they have a book, guys/girls around to tell them rules if they have questions. Hell they even got all this stuff on a website! lol simple

Alright DVR,
It has NOTHING to do with Cam, your right ...
Your EXACTLY right, because he GOT AWAY with it.

Nope again, this has nothing to do with him - he didn't get away with anything he was cleared pretty much end or story with him and the NCAA.. but I'm sure you will keep on throwing it out there. Still the issue I have with the whole situation is most if not all of THESE GUYS will get away with out most of their punishment by leaving and going into the draft which is BS..they shouldn't be allowed to play in the bowl game.

Nope again, this has nothing to do with him - he didn't get away with anything he was cleared pretty much end or story with him and the NCAA.. but I'm sure you will keep on throwing it out there. Still the issue I have with the whole situation is most if not all of THESE GUYS will get away with out most of their punishment by leaving and going into the draft which is BS..they shouldn't be allowed to play in the bowl game.[/QUOTE]

Yup, he was cleared alright , as long as they were going to play in the MNC game, all was good !

He got to his game and his MONEY Too.

Wish I could pull a scam like that.

Like I have said before, he got PLENTY of money, OR he would have gone to the school he WANTED to in the first place.
He's made it perfectly CLEAR that Auburn was NOT HIS choice.

In a few year DVR you'll find that out, just like the Reggie Bush ? USC stuff came out .....
They don't want to effect the MONEY coming in for the Bowl game, so they let him go.

Same goes for the Bucks, the NCAA isn't going to hurt THIER bottom pocket (Money coming in) so they are letting them play.

It's really quite simple .....

By all means where is your proof?? The NCAA couldn't prove anything, the FBI hasn't yet been able to prove anything... are you the next Sherlock Holmes??? Where is your proof?

Just be patient .... NCAA doesn't WANT to find anything, thats what I've been trying to tell you all along.
They WANT Cam in the big game so they don't have to play the back up and mess with all the money that will be coming to them.

Chicago Cubs Can't Believe They're Doing This Again

Facing Death, CNN sports legend embraces life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)