Trying to convert DISH coax to RCA- going craaazy here guys!

Dishchick82

Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Valencia
Hello guys, and gals,
I am a new user that has come across this site in my search to find a solution to my problem, I have searched the threads on here but cannot find the answer I am looking for.
I am trying to run the DISH coaxial cable from a kitchen/2nd TV (connected to a 722DVR) and split the signal to my back yard. I have split the signal and installe a jack on the exterior wall but I need to convert the coaxial cable to component audio and video/RCA so I can run my audio to a receiver and the video to a projector. I have search and searched the web but cannot find a way to do it. I have tried connecting an old VCR and running it in TV mode but this does not work. I have also heard of a demodulator but I do not know if this will work either. Can anyone please help?? I am going craaazy!.:(

VCR can't do it.

Hello guys, and gals,
I am a new user that has come across this site in my search to find a solution to my problem, I have searched the threads on here but cannot find the answer I am looking for.
I am trying to run the DISH coaxial cable from a kitchen/2nd TV (connected to a 722DVR) and split the signal to my back yard. I have split the signal and installe a jack on the exterior wall but I need to convert the coaxial cable to component audio and video/RCA so I can run my audio to a receiver and the video to a projector. I have search and searched the web but cannot find a way to do it. I have tried connecting an old VCR and running it in TV mode but this does not work. I have also heard of a demodulator but I do not know if this will work either. Can anyone please help?? I am going craaazy!.:(
The only way that you might be able to do it and I'm not sure is to find a DVD recorder with an ATSC tuner. But that may not even work since they may have a form of copy protection on the ATSC coax output.

The only way that you might be able to do it and I'm not sure is to find a DVD recorder with an ATSC tuner. But that may not even work since they may have a form of copy protection on the ATSC coax output.
ATSC Tuner??? The TV2 output from any of dish's receivers is still analog. An ATSC Tuner will definitely not do the trick.

The VCR is your best bet, but you need to get the VCR on the correct channel and settings. I have done this for a customer before who had a TV with a broken coax port. First you need to see what channel the modulator in the 722 is set to. You can check this in (Menu - 6 - 1 - 5). Check the channel # setting as well as the setting for Cable/Air. Now go into the setup menu of your VCR, and set it up for the appropriate type of signal (either Cable or Air/Ant) then run a channel auto scan on the VCR. Now channel up or down until you find the correct channel.

Good Luck :)

It worked- THANK YOU!

I just did exactly as "AF" explained in the above and it worked!
Thank you so much! I am ready to roll with my outdoor summer home theater.
I have been pouring over hundreds of articles for days and within a couple hours of finding this site I have a solution, amaxing! Thanks again. :D:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)