Weber Smokey Mountain

Thanks, guys. I'll have to test the therm with my digital. If they aren't close, I'll have the hole/mount at least, and wouldn't mind putting in a higher quality baby.

Now- For first [strike]worship[/strike] burn, do I burn the incense inside or in front of it? ;)

You forgot the infamous Weber Dance and Chant. ;)

You've released sacred information to the unbelievers. Now we'll have to kill you! :p ;)

No. Gotta buy that separately. I bought a good one for the 18" model, but haven't seen one for the 22" yet.

My new 18.5 came with a cover...I have not checked the thermometer for accuracy yet, just been using the Maverick. The lid temps have been about 20 degrees cooler until about half way through, then the lid goes hotter than the grill. :confused:

My new 18.5 came with a cover...I have not checked the thermometer for accuracy yet, just been using the Maverick. The lid temps have been about 20 degrees cooler until about half way through, then the lid goes hotter than the grill. :confused:

That's normal. The top grate will run 10-15 cooler than the lid. The lower great will be 10 -15 lower than the top one.

mmmmm. yum. CROW!

The 22" Weber got delivered today. And in the bottom, well, er- was a cover. So I was wrong, cover's included.

First impression: Sturdier.

Two nice, grey, larger handles. Vent disks seem to be a bit thicker (I've bent my old ones up a bit). Legs look thicker, too. Thermostat appears well seated and protected. Larger door has a nice larger "arm" style handle, but the metal appears no thicker.

Sucker just looks bigger, more than you'd think 4 inches would merit. Probably assemble it tomorrow night.

The 22" Weber got delivered today. And in the bottom, well, er- was a cover. So I was wrong, cover's included.

First impression: Sturdier.

Two nice, grey, larger handles. Vent disks seem to be a bit thicker (I've bent my old ones up a bit). Legs look thicker, too. Thermostat appears well seated and protected. Larger door has a nice larger "arm" style handle, but the metal appears no thicker.

Sucker just looks bigger, more than you'd think 4 inches would merit. Probably assemble it tomorrow night.

Cool. I really like the addition of the heat shield that fits on the legs. They have added the sturdier legs and the heat shield to the new 18.5 as well. I'm going to order those to upgrade my older 18.5. Now, get busy and put her together. PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!:hungry:

OK. I might have time tonight, as She Who Must Be Obeyed is working late. No complaints from her about spending the bucks, I think she's planning on entertaining her family more with it since I can cook even more at once. Might not run out of ABTs next time.

Or she's just happy that we're going to Key West for our 20th, rather than plan A, a nice restaurant! :p

OK. I might have time tonight, as She Who Must Be Obeyed is working late. No complaints from her about spending the bucks, I think she's planning on entertaining her family more with it since I can cook even more at once. Might not run out of ABTs next time.

Or she's just happy that we're going to Key West for our 20th, rather than plan A, a nice restaurant! :p

No matter which one it is, you got the green light to get it.:):up

Congrats on making it twenty. Thats awsome.

It took us both two tries.

Haven't seen or heard from my ex in almost 20 years, I wish her well. My wife has kids from her ex, so that never ends. And no well wishes, either.

What's nice, is some folks still ask how long we've been married, or if we just got back from the honeymoon!

What's nice, is some folks still ask how long we've been married, or if we just got back from the honeymoon!

That's the way it shuold be. My wife and I have been together over 5 years now and i still get butterflies and all giddy when were are together!:p

Ok! Enough of the sappy stuff!!!! Get back to that new smoker!!!!!!!:D

Did not get to take snaps or assemble last night. Time flies, and I'm a bit under the weather. Maybe tonight.

Have to take shots in daytime. Sometime this weekend maybe, since I'm getting home so late this week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)