What a Gift!!

YES, We dropped down to top 200 and it seems to be the sweet spot on programming. Also dropped one joey off. Haven't decided yet if we will keep the 2nd hopper and drop to a joey or to go with the super joey for $10.00 a month. For two more dollars a month you get another tuner and another ota tuner. If all else fails I can drop the 2nd hopper and just go with the other joey I just dropped. But I do remember there were conflicts, when I did this when we first got the first hopper and two joeys. I could just add the 211k back on my bill and add the dvr option and put it in my boys room. HE watches nothing but kid shows and that way my wife and I could just share the one joey and one hopper. My bill would stay the same with one joey ,one hopper and one 211k.

Respect....not a bunch of bs to hide a price increase

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

How does Dish do that then? I only ask because I'm curious. I don't know how a business with 14 million customer can have a price increase while still respecting the customer. To me Dish is the bad guy in the customer's eyes no matter what since all the customer see is their bill go up. The average customer doesn't know and doesn't care what this industry is like right now, they only see what they have and what they pay.

So, how do you raise customer's bills but do it with respect?

How does Dish do that then? I only ask because I'm curious. I don't know how a business with 14 million customer can have a price increase while still respecting the customer. To me Dish is the bad guy in the customer's eyes no matter what since all the customer see is their bill go up. The average customer doesn't know and doesn't care what this industry is like right now, they only see what they have and what they pay.

They are saying to put it all in the programming package costs. I guess they think a $10 increase in packages with no fee increases would be complained about less?

They are saying to put it all in the programming package costs. I guess they think a $10 increase in packages with no fee increases would be complained about less?

I don't think the smaller customers, the ones with a single STB, should be subsidizing the customers with multiple boxes. If anything, a small subsidy the other way around might be more appropriate.

You want more boxes, you pay more for those boxes. You want fancier boxes, you pay more for those boxes.

I guess. It's impossible to do something that will please every customer unless you just give everything away but then you would be out of business soon. I know everyone has reasons to be upset with decisions Dish makes but sometimes you need to sit back and think, how would I do it if I were them. How could I run this business and keep all my customers happy while somehow making a profit. Making a profit and keeping customers happy is a very hard thing to do. You have to come up with a product that is so great that people are more than happy to give you their hard earned money. Sometimes I wish I owned a bar, people seem to love handing money over for a good drink. :D

The price increase is not of any major concern to me. I realize business expenses rise.I know any business will not last long by absorbing their increased cost. That's why businesses pass on their increase to their customers. This is one area I admire Dish, they are fighting the content providers with respect to overly high price increases.

Now in "my eyes" I see Dish as more concerned with new customers and those subscribers on the low end package area as evidenced on this message board. The only break/freebie I received from Dish was the upgrade to the HD equipment. And I had to fight for that because they wanted to charge me for the upgrade when I had emails and a letter stating the upgrade was free of charge. The Dish CSR finally allowed the free upgrade after I read the letter to her with the "offer code". And she didn't sound to happy that I had written proof from Dish. Free HD for Life,not me, I paid the $99.

All I am asking is throw me a bone once and awhile. Is that too much to ask for a long time customer?

The price increase is not of any major concern to me. I realize business expenses rise.I know any business will not last long by absorbing their increased cost. That's why businesses pass on their increase to their customers. This is one area I admire Dish, they are fighting the content providers with respect to overly high price increases.

Now in "my eyes" I see Dish as more concerned with new customers and those subscribers on the low end package area as evidenced on this message board. The only break/freebie I received from Dish was the upgrade to the HD equipment. And I had to fight for that because they wanted to charge me for the upgrade when I had emails and a letter stating the upgrade was free of charge. The Dish CSR finally allowed the free upgrade after I read the letter to her with the "offer code". And she didn't sound to happy that I had written proof from Dish. Free HD for Life,not me, I paid the $99.

All I am asking is throw me a bone once and awhile. Is that too much to ask for a long time customer?

It's not too much to ask but the problem is, you will actually have to ask for it. Give Dish a call and ask them to give you a break. Call the loyalty department.

Yes, but, the OP in this thread was up in arms about the bones being thrown (PPV certs), so it's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I use every PPV coupon I get (well, I think I forgot about one and had it expire). I rarely go to a cinema, don't get any premium channels, and I love movies. I have been able to send those movies to an EHD and keep them for quite a while (I unplug all EHDs after I use them) and have been able to watch them again.

You go on-line to order your PPV using the coupon code listed in "your account." It's quite easy. Do it early in the day, and you can watch as many times as you like that day, plus, as I said, copy it to EHD for another, later viewing.

If you don't use them, fine, but no fair complaining that you don't get anything.

I don't think the smaller customers, the ones with a single STB, should be subsidizing the customers with multiple boxes. If anything, a small subsidy the other way around might be more appropriate.

You want more boxes, you pay more for those boxes. You want fancier boxes, you pay more for those boxes.
But I already do pay for what I have. I don't have the fancier boxes because I cannot afford them. If I were a new customer I can get those boxes (Hopper) in most cases free and pay reduced package fees(albeit for a limited time). And explain to me how you are subsidizing a multi-receiver supscriber? To whom are the receiver fees I pay going to?

And explain to me how you are subsidizing a multi-receiver supscriber? To whom are the receiver fees I pay going to?
He isn't saying that. He is saying hypothetically that is what would happen if there were no receiver fees and all the costs were absorbed into the programming packages.

But I already do pay for what I have. I don't have the fancier boxes because I cannot afford them. If I were a new customer I can get those boxes (Hopper) in most cases free and pay reduced package fees(albeit for a limited time). And explain to me how you are subsidizing a multi-receiver supscriber? To whom are the receiver fees I pay going to?

This is what they mean but subsidizing:

People complain about all the add on fees that Dish has and call them "B.S. Fees." Dish needs to charge these fees to make up for increasing expenses and they have different ways to charge customers for it. They can do what they are doing now and try to keep the core programming reasonable or they can just tack on the entire increase to programming and make the extra equipment free.

If they just added it all to the programming and made all the extra equipment free, or cheaper then the customer that only has one receiver is subsidizing the cost for customers who have multiple receivers.

Dish does offer some pay back to customers. In the last year I have received 7 PPV certificates for $49. I also got all premiums, multisport, and BB for 1/2 price for 6 months. That saved about $180. I use the deals and saved $229.

When Dish was in dispute with BTN I called and got all kinds of freebies. I had the Everything Pack with multi-sport so they gave me all the premium movie channels for half price, multi-sport pack for half price, $10 off for 10 months and I think I got the Epix channels free for a few months.

Dish does offer some pay back to customers. In the last year I have received 7 PPV certificates for $49. I also got all premiums, multisport, and BB for 1/2 price for 6 months. That saved about $180. I use the deals and saved $229.

I got multi sport free for 3 months

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

They offered me one month of the Epix package. One month of 4 non-HD old movies I can watch on Netflix on Amazon prime in HD. Big deal. No thanks.