What hardware comes with Dish Voom $99.95 Deal?

dinodish

Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
I am interested in taking advantage of the $99.95 Dish deal to get the new Voom HD channels (61.5). I have a Dish 500 with DishPro Quad feeding into DP34 Switch for a (3) room setup. I also have (1) 811 and (1) 721.

Question I have is if I contact Dish for the $99.95 Voom deal, what will they include with the Dish 300 system? What type LNB or Switch? Will they have to upgrade with a new DP-44?

I like the thought of the new $99.95 Voom deal if I know for sure that I will get a new DP-44 Switch along with Dish 300 installation for $99.95

Any ideas?

Thanks

dinodish said:
I am interested in taking advantage of the $99.95 Dish deal to get the new Voom HD channels (61.5). I have a Dish 500 with DishPro Quad feeding into DP34 Switch for a (3) room setup. I also have (1) 811 and (1) 721.

Question I have is if I contact Dish for the $99.95 Voom deal, what will they include with the Dish 300 system? What type LNB or Switch? Will they have to upgrade with a new DP-44?

I like the thought of the new $99.95 Voom deal if I know for sure that I will get a new DP-44 Switch along with Dish 300 installation for $99.95

Any ideas?

Thanks

I just got my 2nd dish installed today. I called Dishnetwork on Sunday to set up the install. I asked the CSR several times if all the switches, dish, etc. were included with the $99.95 price and she kept on saying yes.

Today the guy came and installed a dish 500 with a DP-44 switch and didn't charge me a thing other than the $99.95 I had put on my credit card on Sunday when I called for the appointment. Before he started working he called his boss to verify with Dishnetwork that I didn't have to pay anymore.

So now I have the Voom channels and it cost me a reasonable $99.95 (given that I got the switch) I hope I don't get billed more down the road... but it seemed to go rather smoothly...

dinodish said:

Any ideas?

Thanks
Of course you get a Dish300 pointed at 61.5.

If your configuration is actually what you say, he'll just tie it to the unused third input of the DP34 that you don't seem to need.

Somehow I think you didn't give us the whole story of your setup.

I dunno why he subtracted 5 cents either.

It's a clean $100 dollars.

After pricing equipment I need I might take dish up since it's looking to cost me more, plus I don't have the hassle of aiming.

Either way I think I might be waiting until next because I think that's when dish will formally be announcing the channels to existing customers and they may release a better deal. Heck even that existing customer $942 lease may come out, but not likely :(

Nope, not hiding anything here, just trying to verify what comes with the new Dish Voom Deal. It had been stated that the DP-44 Switch comes with the deal, but I guess it depends on how your system is set up.

I have called Dish to discuss, which the different people I came across each gave a little different information. The price they quoted me was $99.95. Like “BFG” was saying, sounds to me that its still too early in the process, so I may just wait a little bit before I take them up on their offer.

Thanks for all the input.

I called because we had superdish installed 4/20 and ask about the voom deal they said $200 for the DP-44 switch and $100 for the dish, No Thanks.

If you currently have a Superdish, or any other setup that is using all 3 LNB inputs on your DP34 switch then they will include the DPP44 switch as part of the $100 2nd dish upgrade at no additional charge. Even though you are paying $100 for the 2nd dish, Charlie is also loosing money on the deal if you need the DPP44.

Technically, backending the DP34 with DP21 for any HD receivers would work also, and be a much cheaper solution, but this is not official DishNetwork config for a 4 sat setup, they want all new 4 sat setups to use the DPP44 switches.

Dish 500 LNB type for new 61.5 dish install?

What kind of LNB did they install on the new Dish 500 pointed at 61.5. Did they install a single/dual (one eye LNB)? or a twin (two eyed LNB)? is the LNB a DishPro type? the dish arm does have the Y yoke attachment, correct?

Thanks for your informative post
Regards
Ron

jimboeau said:
I just got my 2nd dish installed today. I called Dishnetwork on Sunday to set up the install. I asked the CSR several times if all the switches, dish, etc. were included with the $99.95 price and she kept on saying yes.

Today the guy came and installed a dish 500 with a DP-44 switch and didn't charge me a thing other than the $99.95 I had put on my credit card on Sunday when I called for the appointment. Before he started working he called his boss to verify with Dishnetwork that I didn't have to pay anymore.

So now I have the Voom channels and it cost me a reasonable $99.95 (given that I got the switch) I hope I don't get billed more down the road... but it seemed to go rather smoothly...

i just odered my 2nd dish on 4/30/05 and it was installed on monday 05/02/05 , on 4/30/05 i payed my $100 and was told that i was going to get a 2nd dish & dp44 switch so install went ok with a few ?'s about the cost and it was suppose to be $100 and no talk of extra for the dp44 switch, well to my surprise i went to ch 100 and looked at my bill and it said a total of $321, they charged me $200 for the dp44 switch without telling me up front so i called to ask about the charge and the charge got reversed and was told that if you have a super dish like i do and you pay $100 for a 2nd dish that the dp44 switch is suppose to be included so if you have a 2nd dish installed and a dp44 switch put in be sure to look at your bill on ch100 and see if you get charged for the dp44 nice trick they pulled dont tell you and surprise $200 we should'nt have yo watch them this closely but looks like we as subs have to it a real shame.

super dish on 110/119/121 & dish 500 on 61.5

The DPP44 isn't included on the second dish installations, it is extra. I guess you lucked out by originally being told there were no charges and were able to get the charge reversed

rrolsbe said:
What kind of LNB did they install on the new Dish 500 pointed at 61.5. Did they install a single/dual (one eye LNB)? or a twin (two eyed LNB)? is the LNB a DishPro type? the dish arm does have the Y yoke attachment, correct?

Thanks for your informative post
Regards
Ron

I believe they installed the one-eye lnb.

BTW I have the 121 Superdish and just upgraded to 61.5 for the $99.95. And just as they told me would happen a $200 charge was there for the DP-44 and then it was credited by them. Total charge $99.95. Not a bad deal....

richard_rd said:
If you currently have a Superdish, or any other setup that is using all 3 LNB inputs on your DP34 switch then they will include the DPP44 switch as part of the $100 2nd dish upgrade at no additional charge. Even though you are paying $100 for the 2nd dish, Charlie is also loosing money on the deal if you need the DPP44.

Technically, backending the DP34 with DP21 for any HD receivers would work also, and be a much cheaper solution, but this is not official DishNetwork config for a 4 sat setup, they want all new 4 sat setups to use the DPP44 switches.

That is what I have using all 3 LNB inputs. I was searching for this answer on how they install a 4th input. I have an install coming tomorrow (5-5-05) and hope things go smoothy for the second dish and as I read here upgrade to DPP44. I too was told over the phone that the cost was only $100, no mention of extra cost for the switch. So I hope that I dont get a suprise bill! Thanks for the info on this, glad I found this thread!