Yankees Sign Teixeira

Time will tell . . . time will also tell with the new stadium and a few more pounds if Sabathia will look like The Babe and really reinvigorate the old days of Yankee stadium! :) :) :)

With all this spending, I hope the Yankees don't make the playoffs.

And right here is why the Yankees spending money is good for baseball. One way or the other, people care about the Yankees. Whether it's Yankee fans who are happy their team is doing everything they can to win, or non-Yankee fans who are happy to have a Darth Vader to root against. People always care.

There are a lot of Met fans who care more than the Yankees than they do about the Mets...you know who you are! :rolleyes:

Sandra

Is that a jab at me?

If so, I assure you I do care about their frivolous spending as well as how the league bows down to their b/s trades and splintered bat throwing pitchers

Is that a jab at me?

If so, I assure you I do care about their frivolous spending as well as how the league bows down to their b/s trades and splintered bat throwing pitchers

Quick...who's the right fielder for the Mets?!? ;)

I'm kidding. I'm sure you know your team. Just not as well as you know the Yankees, of course!

But you did prove my point.

Sandra

And right here is why the Yankees spending money is good for baseball. One way or the other, people care about the Yankees. Whether it's Yankee fans who are happy their team is doing everything they can to win, or non-Yankee fans who are happy to have a Darth Vader to root against. People always care.

There are a lot of Met fans who care more than the Yankees than they do about the Mets...you know who you are! :rolleyes:

Sandra

IMO it's not good for baseball, only teams in big markets can win year after year.

Yeah there are years that small market teams win, like the Rays last year or the Rockies or Marlins, but it takes years for these teams to build up their team in the draft, then get these players ready for pro ball.

Then you have owners like the Pirates who don't care about winning because they still make a profit. IMO there should be a salary cap with a max and minimum salary.

Look how football is the most watched sport, not because the big markets buy players, but because everyone has a fair chance at winning, and it depends on how well your team manages, coaches and plays.

Church . . . if his head is right :(

I also know I got my ticket package in the mail today from CitiField . . . nice Christmas gift . . . and I know I will be watching the Mets beat Texeira, Sabathia and the other millionaires at the end of June

IMO it's not good for baseball, only teams in big markets can win year after year.

Yeah there are years that small market teams win, like the Rays last year or the Rockies or Marlins, but it takes years for these teams to build up their team in the draft, then get these players ready for pro ball.

Then you have owners like the Pirates who don't care about winning because they still make a profit. IMO there should be a salary cap with a max and minimum salary.

Look how football is the most watched sport, not because the big markets buy players, but because everyone has a fair chance at winning, and it depends on how well your team manages, coaches and plays.

And the Rays and Phillies with record low TV ratings is good for baseball?

Sandra

Church . . . if his head is right :(

I also know I got my ticket package in the mail today from CitiField . . . nice Christmas gift . . . and I know I will be watching the Mets beat Texeira, Sabathia and the other millionaires at the end of June

Just worry about beating the Marlins when your season is on the line for a change. Did Met fans put their curse on the Jets too? :rolleyes:

Sandra

And the Rays and Phillies with record low TV ratings is good for baseball?

Sandra

I still say it's not the teams that make the ratings low, it's the time slots they put the games on.

How can kids who have to go to school stay up so late and watch the games. But it's OK because the sponsors don't care about the youth watching and enjoying the game of baseball.:rolleyes:

Baseball time has always been tricky now that everything is universa;. . . think about it . . . playoff game on east coast at 7 would mean 4 in west coast (how do you show a game when most people are still at work?) . . .

Remember when games use to be during the day? I think all games on the weekends should be during the day, and week days they can start at 7, why start it later because of the west coast, because of them people on the east coast either miss the end of the game or they don't get enough sleep.

They have things called DVRs now, they can record the games, then when people on the west coast comes home, they can start it from the beginning while it's still recording.

Not a Yankees fan at all, but for you to say the "Yankees are ruining the game" is silly. The Yankees are playing within the rules. They can pay players as much as they want. It's their money. As long as there isn't a salary cap, they're playing within the boundaries.

Unfortunatly , THIS is true :(

I agree that there should be a Max cap as well as a MIN cap, I've felt this way for a long time now.

Almost ... The Lions NEVER really have a chance to win it all.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts