029B SOFTWARE UPDATE AT 3:55 AM EST 11/7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lxngtnguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Lexington, KY
I am a CE'er but I got a new forced download changed both HR-21's a 700 & 200 to 029B (was running 029A from 10/31) at the above stated time. I see no news of this anyone know anything???

i left the house at 5am and didn't see anything. wonder what's happening

As of now, I am still on 29a.
D* will send out these updates when they feel the update is ready for the masses.
This is normally done in the middle of the night to avoid problems with people watching TV at the time.
I see nothing to worry about.

We will probably have a new one tonight anyways.

Jimbo

My HR20-100 also received the new software (029b) last night but my HR20-700 is still on the last CE version (029a).

From what I can tell: B is the same as A, except the Advanced Remote settings are removed (the function to give 8 IR remote codes).

This is really bad for me - back to no use of my slingbox on the second dvr.

No word from D* whether this is a national release or staggered release (it appears to be staggered) or for official notes or other changes.

Me too. it is working a little better. it was driving me insane yesterday.

Got mine this morning for my HR-21. I am in Alabama. No problems so far.

I'm curious why this was released. Was some problem found with 0290? For that matter why did they remove the advanced romote functions before releasing? I found 029A to be quite stable except for a random lip sync issue here and there.

I noticed that the look of the two Mix channels changed with the 29b update. The "News Mix " now has about a third of the page available except for the main title. Appears that 4 more channels could be added but suspect that the space will be for advertisements as on the "Sports Mix "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts