Channel 1080 - new movie (and another 10/4)

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
The Bank Job is now on VOD 1080 for 1080p testing!

It says version 2.1, so to DirecTV that must mean they are changing things, perhaps in the software and the movie itself (encoding, etc).

i hope i can finally see this in 1080p. i had to watch the bucket list in 1080i which by the way still looked incredible.

If I am using a wireless ethernet adaptor, how long should a 2 hour movie (1080p) take to download ?
Also, seeing it would be 1080p, does that mean it would take longer to d/l because the 1080p has more info to transmit (vs a 720p or 1080i)?

Jimbo

If I am using a wireless ethernet adaptor, how long should a 2 hour movie (1080p) take to download ?
Also, seeing it would be 1080p, does that mean it would take longer to d/l because the 1080p has more info to transmit (vs a 720p or 1080i)?

Jimbo

it took me 4 hours almost 5. my speeds are 10mbps down and 2mbps up. but it also depends from the server we're downloading it from.

it took me 4 hours almost 5. my speeds are 10mbps down and 2mbps up. but it also depends from the server we're downloading it from.

I'm only 3 down..... I know it sux, but it's the best that do here for now.
When I d/l ed the Bucket List it took about 18 hours I think :(

Just a little longer Rey, you'll make it !!!

Jimbo

The Bank Job is now on VOD 1080 for 1080p testing!

It says version 2.1, so to DirecTV that must mean they are changing things, perhaps in the software and the movie itself (encoding, etc).

Jason, With the latest CE we now have 2 more movies to choose from, you mentioned the Bank Job, now we have two more movies ... if you hit the Green button, it activates the "Watch Now" and it shows "Nim's Island" and "21".

Hiwever, when you go to the 1080p section it only shows the Bank Job, are the two new movies not in 1080p ? If not, why would they be on this channel ?

Something to look into maybe ?

Jimbo

Jason, With the latest CE we now have 2 more movies to choose from, you mentioned the Bank Job, now we have two more movies ... if you hit the Green button, it activates the "Watch Now" and it shows "Nim's Island" and "21".

Hiwever, when you go to the 1080p section it only shows the Bank Job, are the two new movies not in 1080p ? If not, why would they be on this channel ?

Something to look into maybe ?

Jimbo

The green button is changing the channel to 1100 the PPV on Demand. It's displaying watch now because these movies are available for viewing as part of the "Movies Now" feature.
Only the Bank Job and Bucket List are part of the 1080P test.

Last edited:
Works for me....no Bank Job though

Since the 1st release I've had no problems playing The Bucket List Audio and Video perfectly fine. TV info shows 1080p 16:9 audio is DD 2.0

My equipment:

Onkyo TX-SR606 (Receiver)
Toshiba 65HM167 DLP (TV)
HR21-200 (D* Box)

Onkyo settings Main menu ---to hardware setup--- to HDMI --- Output Res (Through) Zoom Mode (Full) Audio TV Out (Off) Lip Sync (Enable) x.v Color (Enable) Control (Enable) Power Control (Disable---greys out TV Control)

D* box on: HDTV: Native (Yes) Screen Format (Stretch) TV Ratio (16:9) TV Res 1080i & 1080p Audio: Language (eng) Sound Effect (off) DD (on)

HDMI from D* Box to Onkyo---HDMI from Onkyo to TV with the following cables.

HDMI Cables came from Apple HERE are the ones i bought.

I do not see The Bank Job for download though on channel 1080 it still only lists the bucket list.

Since the 1st release I've had no problems playing The Bucket List Audio and Video perfectly fine. TV info shows 1080p 16:9 audio is DD 2.0

My equipment:

Onkyo TX-SR606 (Receiver)
Toshiba 65HM167 DLP (TV)
HR21-200 (D* Box)

Onkyo settings Main menu ---to hardware setup--- to HDMI --- Output Res (Through) Zoom Mode (Full) Audio TV Out (Off) Lip Sync (Enable) x.v Color (Enable) Control (Enable) Power Control (Disable---greys out TV Control)

D* box on: HDTV: Native (Yes) Screen Format (Stretch) TV Ratio (16:9) TV Res 1080i & 1080p Audio: Language (eng) Sound Effect (off) DD (on)

HDMI from D* Box to Onkyo---HDMI from Onkyo to TV with the following cables.

HDMI Cables came from Apple HERE are the ones i bought.

I do not see The Bank Job for download though on channel 1080 it still only lists the bucket list.

Q. Why are you in stretch mode if the show is HD ?

Q. Why are you in stretch mode if the show is HD ?

It has nothing to do with the HD shows it only affects the SD shows, I'd rather have a slightly distorted image than to have big black bars down the side. I have a 65" tv and those bars aren't so small on that size screen. I was just posting my settings and equipment so that it may help people get it to work for them and help D* to know what equipment isnt having issues so that they know ---ok it works on this receiver and tv, but not on this receiver with the same tv...hmmm(as an example)---so they can get it working for more people.

If you had problems with the first movie, Bucket List, give the second movie a try.

It may be encoded differently, i.e. the version info on the screen indicating 2.1.

This is all part of D* working to find the right mix of software, movie encoding, etc.

As mentioned earlier, pressing the green button on 1080 takes you to channel 1100, so downloading/watching those movies will cost you :)

it took almost 4 hrs to download the bank job. looks awesome even though i still can't see it in 1080p. I need 1080p/60 support or i'm screwed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts