'08-'09 NBA Free Agent Signings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I figured I'd start a single thread to house all of the free agent signings in this NBA free-agency period which is now underway.

The first major signing.........

PG Baron Davis to the Clippers.

If B.Davis can stay healthy, the Clippers are now a legitimate team in the West.

Too bad.....there was heavy rumors of a sign and trade with Golden State and the Heat to send them Shaun Marion. I would think that Elton Brand and Corey Maggette would wanna stay with the Clippers with the signing of Baron Davis. That would be quite a starting team IF they stayed.....

Too bad.....there was heavy rumors of a sign and trade with Golden State and the Heat to send them Shaun Marion. I would think that Elton Brand and Corey Maggette would wanna stay with the Clippers with the signing of Baron Davis. That would be quite a starting team IF they stayed.....

Don't forget Chris Kaman. This would be a nice lineup indeed if Magette stayed. I saw on ESPN last night that the Celtics made Magette an offer though. How could they afford Maggette, but not be able to resign James Posey? As a matter of fact, how in the hell is Boston under the salary cap at all with all of those stars? The Cav's are $25 million over the cap at this point! If the Cav's want a new player, they will have to trade some expiring contracts.

Your new LA Clippers.....

Point Guard: Baron Davis
Shooting Guard: Cuttino Mobley
Small Forward: Corey Maggette
Power Forward: Elton Brand
Center: Chris Kaman

Don't forget Chris Kaman. This would be a nice lineup indeed if Magette stayed. I saw on ESPN last night that the Celtics made Magette an offer though. How could they afford Maggette, but not be able to resign James Posey? As a matter of fact, how in the hell is Boston under the salary cap at all with all of those stars? The Cav's are $25 million over the cap at this point! If the Cav's want a new player, they will have to trade some expiring contracts.

Your new LA Clippers.....

Small Forward: Corey Maggette

That is one of THE BEST starting 5 in the West...IF they were all to stay

The Clippers still won't win the West. The Lakers are still the team to beat and with Bynum coming back next season, they should be that much better.

I take it Pau Gasol (7' tall) will go to the PF position when Bynm returns?

That would give the Lakers a starting lineup of:

PG: Derek Fisher
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Lamar Odom
PF: Pau Gasol
C: Andrew Bynum

Salsa, are you serious in taking the Clippers starting 5 over this potential starting 5 of the Lakers!?

Wow. This makes for a very tall/big lineup!

PG: Derek Fisher (6'1", 205lbs)
SG: Kobe Bryant (6'6", 220lbs)
SF: Lamar Odom (6'10", 240lbs)
PF: Pau Gasol (7'0", 260lbs)
C: Andrew Bynum (7'0", 275lbs)

Yep....very tall...and other than Kobe...very slow and flat footed....

Small Forward:Corey Maggette

Wow. This makes for a very tall/big lineup!

PG: Derek Fisher (6'1", 205lbs)
SG: Kobe Bryant (6'6", 220lbs)
SF: Lamar Odom (6'10", 240lbs)
PF: Pau Gasol (7'0", 260lbs)
C: Andrew Bynum (7'0", 275lbs)

Davis over Fisher at the point guard
Bryant over Mobley at shooting guard
Maggatte over Odom at small forward
Brand over Gasol at power forward
Kaman over Bynum at center

According to ESPN, James Posey is nearing a contract decision. He could make the announcement this week. Reportedly, Posey and his agent are considering final offers from the Hornets, Lakers, Celtics, and the Cavaliers.

The Cavs are rumored to be offering their mid-level exemption of about $5.8 million and 3 years.

As far as coming home to play for the Cav's, Posey remarked....

“It’s never been a big thing,” Posey said of a possible move to Cleveland. “To go back home is cool. It’s your hometown. But, at the same time, my family understands. If it’s somewhere else, they support me anywhere I go, so it doesn’t even matter about that.” -Boston Globe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)