0x0241 New Satellite Setup Menus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Take a look at the new satellite setup menu options in HR20-700 & HR21 version 0x0241.

I've attached some screen captures for you. EDIT: See the 3rd post - Dfergie fixed my captures for me.

I think DirecTV would be curious as to our feedback on this new configuration setup.

Here are my initial impressions:
1: Great addition of a single/dual tuner option - for the few people htat only have one wire and no swm yet.

2: The 16 options for dish type is very confusing, especially calling the new slimline 3 dish SL3. It is good to see them getting ready for it though.

3: The Do NOT attach BBC converters when SWM is connected is a good addition.

4: Add a detailed description of the 16 sat configurations down where the BBC message goes when scrolling through these.

Last edited:
Try these ;)

Attachments

• ss7.JPG
    ss7.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 370
  • ss8.JPG
    ss8.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 273
  • ss9.JPG
    ss9.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 272
  • ss10.JPG
    ss10.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 233
  • ss11.JPG
    ss11.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 211
  • ss12.JPG
    ss12.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 239
  • ss13.JPG
    ss13.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 239
  • ss14.JPG
    ss14.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 228
Here is the list of the 18 different satellite configurations:

1. Single LNB Round
2. 3 LNB Oval
3. Slimline 3 (Future expected to include D12)
4. 5-LNB Sidecar / Slimline
5. Single Round & 72.5
6. 3 LNB & 72.5
7. Slimline 3 & 72.5
8. 5-LNB & 72.5
9. Single Round & 95
10. 3 LNB & 95
11. Slimline 3 & 95
12. 5-LNB & 95
13. Round & 72.5 & 95
14. 3 LNB & 72.5 & 95
15. Slimline 3 & 72.5 & 95
16. 5-LNB & 72.5 & 95
17. Slimeline 3 -S
18. 5-LNB -S

I'm not sure what the -S is on the 17&18. Possible SWM, but that is listed as a seperate item on switch type.

Hope that helps reduce squinting at the attachments.

Well, there is A LOT more to these changes than I originally realized.

Take a look at this thread at dbstalk (you must be registered there to view):
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=129842

Pressing red/green on this satellite setup screen has a number of new options. It looks like they are designing a more intensive setup process for installers that creates a report back to directv showing the signal strengths, etc. Seems pretty innovative - require the installers to show they received a good signal on all satellites.

I'm on the CE release from last night. I had last weeks release and didn't see any different menus then usual, I looked then after seeing this post last week.

If you have an HR20-700 you'll find them under the system setup, then "repeat satellite setup".

If you have some of the other models, yesturday's CE did not include these changes.

Well I just was playing with this and now I've messed up the receiver. I have a slimline dish (3 months old) with one duel tuner receiver. When I pick 4 - 5LNB and confirm I get no signal detected. What am I doing wrong?

Yes I'm S........... Can't get any signal now to my receiver. Waiting until CE is over and download the stock version see if I can recover.

I have done it 5 times and everytime it says failed to find signal.
Sounds about the same as what happend to my H20. Had signal ,but only odd transponders,and the it would switch to only even transponders. The bad thing about it ,the H20 wouldn't let me force a download after this happend ,so I couldn't go back to national release. Did you try downloading National software again? You can't do it during CE release times.

Last edited:
I forced the nat release, even then it was screwy for a couple of reboots, and finally success. I'm going to download the CE tonight and not play with the Sat Setup anymore.

Like you I had signals, when I watched the signal meter it was alternating from Tuner 1 to Tuner 2 and from 100% to 0 in rapid succession.

Hemi how did you finally rectify or haven't you?

Hemi how did you finally rectify or haven't you?
I had to buy a refubished H20 that D* sold me for $85. With no commitment. But I still had to lease it, Meaning I had to give it back if I dropped service. Sadly I just didn't want to take part in the CE after that. Its just not for me. Good luck:)

Well I just was playing with this and now I've messed up the receiver. I have a slimline dish (3 months old) with one duel tuner receiver. When I pick 4 - 5LNB and confirm I get no signal detected. What am I doing wrong?

I'm sorry you had that ordeal - but that is exactly the kind of feedback that the developers need from the CE program. Thank you :)

I'm glad going back to the NR fixed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)