0x1E? tonight or tomorrow for HR20?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just from where do you think we get the information? We find out when Earl on DBSTalk.com finds out and passes along the info.

Not where I get my info, not from Earl. You are entitled to your opinion and loyalty. He has you wrapped around his finger.

Last edited:
It's not a question of opinion or loyalty; it's a question of fact. Earl has high-up contacts within DirecTV who have helped the community immensely over the years.

We just have to take your word for it, but much of what Earl claims is contradictory if you are careful to read what he says. All I am saying is pay attention.

Maybe we don't need other sites to let us know.:D

Name your source if it's other than Earl.

What the hell is your motivation here anyway? You the only one trying to stir up sh*t. Your going to ruin it for the rest of us.

You are going to accomplish nothing but getting the CE process shut down.
Is that your motivation? Maybe your an E* shill or something? :confused:

It's not a question of opinion or loyalty; it's a question of fact. Earl has high-up contacts within DirecTV who have helped the community immensely over the years.
OK now if he has High contacts with D*,Why is it when theres a problem you can't call D*? I guess his contact must tell him ,"Try it ,but if it breaks your on your own" I doubt it! So Who really comes up with these CE's? I'll put money its not someone doing it with D* permission.

The CE proccess exists to improve the software for all. It is open for all who agree to the terms and conditions that are posted here and at dbstalk.com. Dont agree then dont play. Its that simple. The risks are posted everywhere. And yes D* has threatened to take away the whole program due to one person contacting the CSR teir.

Shotty software is what is going to shut down the CE process. Not jtn. I think anyone who wants more info should be aloud to have it.

I agree, and DBStalk is not an authorized site for DirecTV. No matter what they say. If you are shelling out major bucks to help them (DirecTV due to bad issues), they should help you (DirecTV).

The CE proccess exists to improve the software for all. It is open for all who agree to the terms and conditions that are posted here and at dbstalk.com. Dont agree then dont play. Its that simple. The risks are posted everywhere. And yes D* has threatened to take away the whole program due to one person contacting the CSR teir.

I wonder who called CSR???:rolleyes:

OK now if he has High contacts with D*,Why is it when theres a problem you can't call D*? I guess his contact must tell him ,"Try it ,but if it breaks your on your own" I doubt it! So Who really comes up with these CE's? I'll put money its not someone doing it with D* permission.

Because the CE process is a private process involving beta software designed to garner feedback and comments from testers, who must agree to the rules in place. It is obvious you have no clue what beta testing is all about. CSRs do not know of this beta process; therefore, to contact them as you believe we should does nothing but create a huge mess.

Because the CE process is a private process involving beta software designed to garner feedback and comments from testers, who must agree to the rules in place. It is obvious you have no clue what beta testing is all about. CSRs do not know of this beta process; therefore, to contact them as you believe we should does nothing but create a huge mess.

CSR's are not to be construed as idiots, some believe by generalizing they all are useless, when in fact they are well informed and want to do the best they can for the customer, and can! So Beta or not, they can help. They helped me. With a cherry on top.
:)

They cannot help ANYone when they don't even KNOW about CE downloads. CE downloads are handled by a different group of DirecTV internal technicians, who work with Earl and Tom on DBSTalk.com and who specifically instruct Earl and Tom to tell DBSTalk members NOT to contact the DirecTV CSRs. It's as simple as that.

They cannot help ANYone when they don't even KNOW about CE downloads. CE downloads are handled by a different group of DirecTV internal technicians, who work with Earl and Tom on DBSTalk.com and who specifically instruct Earl and Tom to tell DBSTalk members NOT to contact the DirecTV CSRs. It's as simple as that.

Sorry but your dead wrong about your opinion of CSR's at DirecTV. And if you like DirecTV I am amazed you are so unfaithful to them by saying what you say.

First off, thank you Lord Darth Vader for your support of the work Earl and I do helping the CE process.

Secondly, thank you JTN for your support of the CSR tier. I talk to many of them, I know they try very hard to help customers. That is one of the things I like very much about DIRECTV; their strong focus on the customers.

Perhaps there is a middle ground of thought. The CSRs aren't incapable of learning about the CE process, but they are very busy learning about all the new systems, features, and channels everyday. Training many thousands of CSRs in many call centers about the CEs for all the systems (more than 10 CE cycles!) is probably more cost than DIRECTV would like to invest right now. They are working very hard on improving the CSR training in other areas (first?).

My fear is that the CE process very well might become totally private and by invite only. That is one of the options DIRECTV might choose, it is of course their decision to make. That they have chosen to start with Earl and subsequently include the DBStalk staff is quite an honor.

That they have included Scott and Satelliteguys in other ways is also quite an honor to the staff and many readers and posters here. Good job, gang!

So I really don't fear for myself that the CE process would go private. I suspect I will still be included. I really would be saddened if the people here and DBStalk got excluded from the fun and challenges with beta testing. I don't work hard at DBStalk (and occasionally here and DIRECTVs forums) for the pay (nothing!), I want to help users. I'm also glad to be helping DIRECTV--that indirectly helps more users like my dad who doesn't participate in the CE (not yet at least) but does benefit like all DIRECTV customers.

At this point, DIRECTV has asked that we don't contact the CSR tier about CE problems. That is their rules, not DBTalks, Earl's, mine, or anyone's outside of DIRECTV. And from Scott's posts, I suspect it's not his rules either. :) We all are just here to help.

Happy Holidays, everyone,
Tom Robertson

My fear is that the CE process very well might become totally private and by invite only. That is one of the options DIRECTV might choose, it is of course their decision to make. That they have chosen to start with Earl and subsequently include the DBStalk staff is quite an honor.

That they have included Scott and Satelliteguys in other ways is also quite an honor to the staff and many readers and posters here. Good job, gang!

So I really don't fear for myself that the CE process would go private. I suspect I will still be included. I really would be saddened if the people here and DBStalk got excluded from the fun and challenges with beta testing. I don't work hard at DBStalk (and occasionally here and DIRECTVs forums) for the pay (nothing!), I want to help users. I'm also glad to be helping DIRECTV--that indirectly helps more users like my dad who doesn't participate in the CE (not yet at least) but does benefit like all DIRECTV customers.

At this point, DIRECTV has asked that we don't contact the CSR tier about CE problems. That is their rules, not DBTalks, Earl's, mine, or anyone's outside of DIRECTV. And from Scott's posts, I suspect it's not his rules either. :) We all are just here to help.

Happy Holidays, everyone,
Tom Robertson
This would never go private , Why ? because there would be no poor sucker with broken equipment to test this stuff for free. You all need to read Scotts post, I'll give you a link,because he and a few others are the only ones with their eyes open. Thats fine to do the CE process ,if you have the money and you for some reason feel you need to help D* make more money .but frankly they should come up with a new system,because the HR-20 is still a piece of crap. But this system that DBS talk has ,of the not calling D* makes me believe its not comming from D* at all. Make SURE you state in you rule's for everyone to see,That YOU THE CUSTOMER ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN LEASED EQUIPMENT IF IT BREAKS!. Notice I said LEASED! That means not owned! Which means its not yours. I bet there is a large number of testers using leased equipment. You call Chase Carey and asked him if this is alright.

Last edited:
I wonder who called CSR???:rolleyes:
Let me tell you something . You think 1 person or 2 people calling had any effect on the CE process and the complaints. I doubt that 100%. It must have been a huge number of people with problems,That again DBStalk is not responsible for. Called D* because they couldn't watch a service they paid for. Lets have Earl's 1 800 number so we can call him when the equipment fails.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts