1.2 Meter dish info needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
So I am wanting to get back going with FTA since my old motor died on my DTN dish and was thinking about getting a 1.2 meter dish. I know the shipping cost is going to kill me. Several questions:

1. Is there any FTA dealers that would have a dish this size near NE Kansas?

2. What is the height of the dish off the ground? When I put my post in concrete, I made the mistake of cutting off height wise to fit the DTN dish, so my height above ground is not much. I am afraid a 1.2 dish would drag the ground.

3. Was wanting to use this as a sort of minibud and get the FX channels for football this fall, but mainly use it as a Ku machine. Can you have both cband and Ku on the dish at the same time?

Thanks!

I can't help you on Question #1, but I do know there are LOTS of free dishes around. You have to look for them. I rescued three 1.2 meter dishes this way.

Mine are four feet off the ground, gives plenty of clearance, yet low enough to work on the LNBs.

FX is no more, so you'll be looking more for feeds rather than fixed programming.

Photto

1. Is there any FTA dealers that would have a dish this size near NE Kansas?
You might check at Ricks Satellite as he is located in Missouri otherwise you might look around for a unused dish on buildings or Craig list.

2. What is the height of the dish off the ground? When I put my post in concrete, I made the mistake of cutting off height wise to fit the DTN dish, so my height above ground is not much. I am afraid a 1.2 dish would drag the ground.
If you get snow then you'll want it higher than the snow might get and you could just lengthen the pole by putting another pipe over it and bolt it in place.

3. Was wanting to use this as a sort of minibud and get the FX channels for football this fall, but mainly use it as a Ku machine. Can you have both cband and Ku on the dish at the same time?
It can be done as other have modified their dishes to do both, but it's not easy without the right material and I'm not at all sure that you'll be able to get the channels your after.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Drive around thru town and look on the roofs of closed banks, gas stations, investment firms. They are all over the place. You can get them for the asking if you can find the right person. Also the roof of older Walgreen's still have dishes even though they went to all networking and don't use the sat dishes anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)